Annie Clark - St. Vincent

what was it like before Annie was corrupted by David Byrne?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs
pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/6680-st-vincent/
youtube.com/watch?v=mK54P7VeM1g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

better service

Generic cutsie indie girl aesthetic. Music was still good though. Listening to some of her earlier live shows is interesting though. There's a bootleg from 2007 on What.cd where she sings a few lines of Hiding All Away by Nick Cave at the beginning of Your Lips Are Red which is cool.

Hope her new album is good.

>she will never serve you her tacos

>you will never eat Annie's taco

any more pics like this?

>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

46:47

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

Thanks, user. I had forgotten this since you hadn't seen your post in a few hours. I guess it's time for the two minutes hate to start.

filename

why does Sup Forums hate Annie so much?

She betrayed them by dropping her earlier aesthetic.

>2014: "I still remember going to the Vinyl World and buying The Money Store when I was sixteen. And the cover, Two almost naked anime chicks with bdsm shit. And I remember, you know, putting it in my over 1000$ record player when i got home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

youtube.com/watch?v=mK54P7VeM1g

>2007: "Who?”

Theneedledrop.cum

>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

Wait, I don't remember what she said. Can you post it again?

Ok

Literal autism in the copy pasta She is still a nice woman and a great musician still

I like her music, but I despise her as a human being

I lover her for her feminism though

>She is still a nice woman and a great musician still
No. She's not.

Yes she is

How can you hate Annie as a person?
>inb4 she's annoying and pretentious
How samefag

She is not. Not even a nice person.

she's annoying and pretentious

Yes she is how isn't she?

Not an argument

>Yes she is how isn't she?
You're repeating yourself.

she's annoying and pretentious

Avoiding the question I see. You proved my point

LOVE THIS GIANT............

actor > strange mercy > marry me > love this giant > st vincent

>Hurr look at me I'm pretending to be stupid please give me attention

Well. She lied. That's not nice or called for.

sorry, dude

breaking news, Annie is the first person in the world to ever have told a lie

>I'm pretending to be stupid please give me attention
How am i pretending you retard?
Never pulled a left hook and said i was pretending.

Actor > SM = MM > S/T > LTG

I do still really like S/T though.

Wew looks like people really like to take the time to be this stupid

Your point? Just because she is the one of a billion people to lie doesn't mean she's not accountable

>image.jpg

You literally take the time to shove it in people's faces

At least she never raped anyone like Gira or Bowie did.

>take the time
I don't even see Vincent thread that much. And i don't really bother with them until now.

>literally giving a shit about the pic instead of actually responding anything about Annie because you know it's the fucking thread
Really pathetic

At least they made better music ;^)

you've lied before in your life, does it make you a bad person? should we disregard everything you have/will achieve in life simple because you lie?

Irrelevant according to the guy spamming those quotes about Kate Bush. A musician is entirely defined by the worst thing they ever did (or the most high profile bad thing they did) in which case Gira and Bowie are worse. Varg too.

Then why shitpost all these threads and replies. If you don't like or cared for her why are you pretending to like her then go the other way? It's so stupid

>actually responding anything about Annie because you know it's the fucking thread
Pardon me?

shes ugly

They Still made better music.

>instead of actually responding to anything about Annie because well you know it is the fucking thread topic.

Music doesn't factor into how good or bad a musician is, user. Didn't you get the memo?

>Until now

Thanks. Couldn't read Rage text.

Still why?

my pleasure, I didn't understand it at first either.

To respond to

New St. Vincent is going to be krautrock and is going to revive the genre. Cap this post.

You literally have nothing to back it up?

Oh sorry. Are you the post police?
You asked why and i said to respond to

You are basically a joke I want to toss around

Ok. Nice?

>Image.jpg
Leave

Yes because right now I'm doing it right now :^)
No

>Yes because right now I'm doing it right now :^)
Are you just purposely shitposting right now?

is that what you've been doing these past months of shitposting Annie

>is that what you've been doing these past months of shitposting Annie
>past months
Explain?

>that one faggot who rushes in to defend her in every thread

you are the reason Sup Forums hates her

This.

Not him but every St. Vincent thread for the months at least has had that guy spamming the thing about Kate Bush in it.

>it's okay for someone to spam copypasta in every thread about a musician, destroying any slight chance of any discussion happening but it's awful for some people to want the guy to stop
You're the reason music discussion is hard to actually do on Sup Forums.

It's you, you fucking faggot. I hope you get pinned by a vehicle.

>Not him but every St. Vincent thread for the months at least has had that guy spamming the thing about Kate Bush in it.
Ok. But I've previously said i don't really bother with her threads (until maybe right now).

Based retard

shitposting and copypasta is somehow better than somebody defending an artist they happen to like??
not even that user but christ this is fucking retarded

>IPhone poster
Kek

Are you saying I'm the spamfag or the guy defending Annie? I'm not either in this thread but I still want the retard to stop because I like St. Vincent but it's impossible to have any discussion about her because it's filled with that guy spamming the copypasta or people constantly posting about how Byrne ruined her because they somehow think S/T is more of a pop album than her other stuff and that she dyed her hair.

Notice how the poster level doesn't go up.

>hurr he uses an iPhone so his post is completely invalid
Drink bleach

This so much

>M.A.D

>Hurrr durr i was being stupid

is this what a typical annie thread is like?

>she was literally 10 minutes from my house and I didn't fucking know about it till the next day

is she muslim ?

damn and I thought I'd fucked up

my mom lives about 10 minutes away too but I'm in Austin