So people at the Swans show

So people at the Swans show

10/10?

Saw them in Minneapolis. Them being loud is a meme. MBV was more consistently loud, and Mogwai would get even louder than MBV at song climaxes.

Saw them at Cleveland. Great show, didn't love the set but it was still pretty good. The Glowing Man was a solid closer.

Maybe it was different for this guy but it was loud as shit for me

>mfw I will never see Swans live because I live in a shit country

desu my ears MIGHT be shot so yeah

MBV has always been considered loudest though.

seeing them in a week. is thor still absent or is he back?

Thor is absent.

here...second crescendo in Mogwai Fear Satan was the loudest thing I've ever heard, Holocaust section of You Made Me Realize was second place, certain sections of The Glowing Man were third.

damn. so is he gone for good?

>The Glowing Man was a solid closer.
this really made the night goddamn i loved it 10/10 for sure

What song did they do with Jarboe? I want to hang myself for missing this show

seems like his replacement is still getting his legs
he didn't really mess up too bad but when he did Norman gave him the really pissed off looks

Not as familiar with CoG but I think Blood & Money

yeah it was pretty great. Jarboe's song was fantastic

"For good" meaning that he won't be able to make it for this final tour because he's busy with his thing? Yeah.

"For good" as in he's not a member anymore and that he won't be at least contributing to what's happening next? Hell no.

Where do i start with Mogwai? I've never heard anything by them and i guess i'll start with their first release but what else is essential?

I liked this

Definitely start with Young Team, it's still probably their best.
All of their stuff is great and essential though.

>GIRA BRUTALLY RAPES JARBOE ONSTAGE

Please post more pics this makes my heart happy.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Young Team is the only thing worth giving a shit about. The rest are trash

MORE PHOTOS PLEASE

Saw them in TO the actual volume isnt as brutal as just the physical sound waves battering you for so long. But it was also loud as fuck. I absolutely loved the show despite not being a die hard swans fan.

guys what earplugs are good? I've come to the conclusion that i don't need friends to go to a concert and i need something for the show on Tuesday

This just warms my heart so much...

It was unbelievably good. It's not just a meme that they're loud, to say the least. When the songs peak, there is a literal wall of sound that pummels your body and makes everything shake.

They are much, MUCH heavier live than on record. I would describe their live sound as massive drones built around a few chords, driven by the drums and ambience, that change and escalate until they reach a peak that is earth-shakingly loud thanks to the distortion and amps that they use. They were heavier than any metal band I have ever seen, and put drone in a new context that I had never even imagined before.

Screen Shot and The Glowing Man were definitely my favorites, TGM in particular was probably the best live music experience I have ever had.
Easily a 10/10 show, if you have the chance go and see them.

I've seen heavier metal bands but Swans is heavy in a different way.

She looked like she was about to cry as she left the stage. That was beautiful.

"I'm very happy that Jarboe did that for us."

That groovy jam during Some Things We Do was fuckin' nice, surprised I didn't see more people getting into it.

Also dropped my spaghetti a little bit talking to Gira, but he was super nice. Great night

Is Thor on this tour?

Mr Gira needs turn his amp down