stop viralling this shitty ass album jesus christ

this album is perfect.
and i know nothing like it

>exclusively listens to metal

>viralling
it's been popular on Sup Forums for quite some time

10 times better than that shit.

rly good album desu

Try the albums Futurama and Highvision by Supercar.

this is good, but they are nothing alike

desu i expected something from japan to rival this

am shamelessly pirating supercar's albums now

these are also goat

flying lotus has similar albums

In terms of being the best album ever made and that will ever be made, TMEC is leauges above vdc

this is amazing

someone rec more music in this level

if you like gay indie music, maybe

Well, i don't believe there is a Perfect album as true perfection doesn't exist but man it comes close. I don't think there is another album that even compares. Maybe i'm biased because the album has a tendency of creating a deep emotional bond with the listener, but man i just can't find the flaws.
Sorry, there is none

Fuck you nigger is a post-countrt masterpiece

check them dubs
don't tell me how to feel you're not my mom

This album is an absolute bore. It's no wonder only Sup Forums really fucks with this album and no one else, it's because it's trash. Just sounds like digital garbage with twee singing occasionally. Try Fennesz.

>shits on music in OP
>hey guys try this stuff I like!

kill yourself

pro : lov : ad is best song on the album. Prove me wrong.

Your butthurt is showing

that's, like, your opinion, man
but for real have you even listened to the whole thing

fuck you, tho fennesz is still good

dude Dsco was literally right after the opener

wrong because Dsco is on the album :^)

jk there is no best song b/c the whole album is so fucking good

Yeah, a couple times to see if I was really missing anything. The answer is a resounding "no"

I'll admit I was a little triggered by your post but that's not the way to go about trying to recommend music to other people

correct it is Dsco

and you're a resounding faggot for saying resounding no

lol, look at him
he didn't "get" it

YWNKW isn't as good as VDC but Pretending is the best song ever made so it automatically makes it better

I couldn't care less if people listen to Fennesz, it's just better music for those interested. Also don't get butthurt over a Sup Forums message board. I realize it's summer and you're probably a teenager but that's not how we conduct ourselves here.

fine I'll give this guy a listen and yeah I know I've been here three years I just really like VDC and Sweet Trip

now now, no need to project

eh tried it but not as good IMO

saw someone compare this to bmsr in a thread yesterday, kinda reminds me of sweet trip

youtube.com/watch?v=E0AEHwiRBAY

where can i steal this

the composition is poor and the production attempts to fuse shitty "futuristic" electronics with bland pop. literally all it has going for it is a nice aesthetic. how could it possibly be in your top albums of all time?

this. having a "different" sound doesn't make something inherently great. never heard fennesz though

>samefag

>one person can post multiple times at the same exact time

>welcome to the meme

transcendingfriends.bandcamp.com/

bump

Exactly this. It took a few popular styles/ideas of its time and blended them together in a weird hodge podge that seems more aimless than anything. If anything it sounds incredibly dated today, but that's the price an artist pays to sound ultra modern

listening for first time.
pretty nek level so far.

3edgy5me

massive attack - mezzanine did the same thing and that album is fucking trash desu

>(You)

the only complaint I see about this album is that its "dated" but no one has ever shown anything close to it

pretty much bullshit

The songwriting on V:D:C is incredibly memorable and catchy and enjoyable, wtf are you talking about?

>samefagged (You)

Obvious troll is obvious. Those albums are in completely different leagues

samefag is hating cuz samefag gonna h8 we can love V:D:C together and embrace the h8 b8

>welcome to the meme
desu

I think they're just baiting and posts like is giving me more proof\

agreed
also opinion on YWNKW? I think it's better than VDC honestly but I love dream pop so I'm a bit biased

try shadowdog by tirestires
vdc is better, but its still top tier

will do

thanks for the rec user it was the whole point of the thread then people just had to shit it up

Songwriting? you take away the glitch production and you're left with honestly pretty sub par indie rock music with digital ambient music...that's good songwriting to you?

There are multiple people in this thread who think Sweet Trip is overrated, bruh. Not sure why you can't wrap your head around that in your little echo chamber

>in your little echo chamber
no need to project user

we get it man you don't like Sweet Trip jesus christ

>take away the glitch production

yeah let's just take shit out of the music and then decide how good it is

stop responding to this idiot

go to bed Shamepai

this

also OP I have never found anything close to VDC or Sweet Trip in general but I hold out hope

>take away the guitar/drums/vocals from rock
>wat do

we get ambient music senpai

You kinda look like a butthurt fag right now. Look up the word "songwriting" and come back to me

yeah I don't get this guy's point. I mean it's fine if you don't like the album but to just start making retarded statements like that seems redudant

Listen to Halica, it's absolutely beautiful

yeah i made a better album than V:D:C when i held down the glitch button in my daw then added in some songwriting for good measure

you are being thickskulled because you know that you are wrong.

Can we stop having this thread every other day? The poor album has been meme'd to death already.

Honestly no other band has combined IDM/shoegaze like this

boring

i think that's why it receives the ridiculous amount of hate it does

i just wanted recs senpai

just some goddamn recs gotta get my fix anoninigga

this is honestly the first thread I've seen multiple/samefag negative opinions on it

this

I've been waiting years for something like it

This is literally every single V:D:C thread I've seen
>OP posts, "this is amazing, more like this???"
>no
>stop viraling this shitty album
>which garners at least two replies, one of them being "the album's 13 years old"
>and then the shitposting starts because no one can articulate their opinion correctly

that's interesting because every thread I've seen about this album or Sweet Trip has been full of praise and people failing to post similar music

To be honest that's because it doesn't REALLY work, the haters in the thread kind of have a point. The IDM is too jittery to go with the smooth droning textures of the dream pop and shoegaze parts. Every song seems to be either all IDM, all shoegaze, or has an IDM part and a shoegaze part. When they try to throw glitches into the shoegaze parts, it just feels kind of awkward and unnatural.

this, absolutely great album

You take Away the glitch and guess what faggot, you are left with YWNKW which in my book is a 9/10. You keep pushing this idea that an album is overrated solely on the fact that some people think it's their favorite album of all time. Guess what, once you have a good Mark in the objective measurement (which barely even exists in music but for the sake of argument We will admit it's existence) you find out that deciding on the value of The art becomes Subjective. Now let's for whatever retarded reason We take the glitch out. Let's see with for instance Fruitcakes and Cookies. This song, glitch or not is absolutely beautiful. It is. If you disagree then i can just say that you are entitled to your opinion. The fact that this guys Made music so Emotional is no joke. And if you find the production to be shitty i'm going to need more than a blank statement for that. The glitch is topping, and a very good one since it's really Well done. At the end you can hate on Sweet Trip all you want, it's your opinion, but you are a fool if you think liking this album is a sign of droning or lack of musical knowledge
?

can you rec any other albums like YWNKW? I've been looking for years man and the vocals are just perfect

It's not shoegaze and it's not IDM but it's actually pretty close in feel.

lol u mad?

lmao yeah dude

This. And Mum. And Dntel. God I really miss that era of indie electronic

And Well Stereolab in general. Also check out The Autocollants and Durutti Column.

thanks will do

Asobi Seksu - Citrus (pic related) is equally summery
Luminous Orange - Drop You Vivid Colors is equally sunshiny but rocks it a bit more. Also Japanese. One of my favorite albums.
Trish of Broadcast (RIP in piece ;_;) has the sing song childlike vocals of Sweet Trip but their music is more dark and more vintage. Listen to The Noise Made By People first.

gracias based user

you are a savior that first album was just what I was looking for thank you

No problem my dudes. There's also Wild Nothing - Nocturne which is an 80's dream pop worship album.
And of course Cocteau Twins.

Where should I start with Cocteau Twins? Been meaning to check them out

If you want regular happy dream pop, go straight to Heaven or Las Vegas.
If you want gothic sounding, go to Head Over Heels
If you want gothic dream pop but mostly gothic, Treasure
If you want gothic dream pop but mostly dream pop, Blue Bell Knoll
If you want to sleep on a pillow of clouds, Victorialand

The other three albums are worth checking out too. Garlands is very gothic and Four Calendar & Milk and Kisses are more like HoLV.
EP's are good too.

udabes

start tripfagging as the savior of shoegaze

>Savior of Shoegaze !e8nnC :kY6Tu1

or some shi like that

or
>The Jesus of Dreampop 70yavV3 h_12z

>it's anime music

>4chains anime culture