What's the verdict?

What's the verdict?

I was disappointed with Syro when it came out, revisited it recently and absolutely hated it. That album IS fucking garbage.

Cheetah is what Syro wanted to be. Still far from his best work, but it's a neat little EP. Richie may not be finished yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T-oTVyj8Bjw
youtube.com/watch?v=VetiAigJf-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Elseq exists so it's shit

Syro is hugely underrated, fucking great album.

Cheetah was eh.

you're kidding me right? syro is good, this EP is boring

>That album IS fucking garbage.
chill tho, it's just your opinion, not fact ok (-:

from front to back it's his best release since at least rushup edge and chosen lords

It's a fact actually. Syro fails at all fronts. There's no power in that album, no replay value, no charm, nothing but unbearable dullness. It's shocking how shitty it is.

Good but no denying how unremarkable it is either. A drop in the bucket. The two CIRKLON tracks are nice jams. Physical packages look cool.

person: wow Cheetah is aoty
venetian snares: bitch please, guess again!

Richard will nevre be done making music. He's got hundreds of hours of unreleased material that could easily be the equivalent of 400+ albums.

idk it was the exact opposite for me

i couldn't stand syro at first, then i went back and relistened and thought it was ok

cheetah is kinda meh, at least its better than computer controlled

like what the fuck was that? just some sad cash grab?

>it a "this album you like sucks and that's a fact" episode

this

compositionally syro is way stronger

this was shit. vsnares is shit.

yo like i understand and say i respect your opinion but i donmt because my love is a bulldozer was a god damn motherfucking bomb ass masstersidepiece opus

Cheetah is a solid album, an 8/10 IMO. Syro is decent, but I dont find myself playing it as much as Cheetah

>like what the fuck was that? just some sad cash grab?

According to Richie himself the real thing is ahead of us.

>dropping some future bangers
aphex twin x future when

couldn't be a better response

that release makes sense now

qeq

Huge Aphex fan and yeah, Snares actually out did him this year with TSM.

This.

Syro is among Richard's best work. Cheetah is forgettable and mediocre at best. Quite bad actually, apart from the aesthetical context.

You know he's just memeing us and says whatever he feels like at the time, right? He's totally going to release some fucking bangers and become an edm celebrity god.

>CIRKLON3 & 1, CHEETAH 7 being BAD!!

Listen more mate, I listened to Cheetah 3 properly a few times and it is his best track since FenixFunk5, better than Syro, way more emotion. Cheetah7 is better than anything on his other 2 EP's. Cirklon1 is just classic Aphex, esp pads at end.

Still need to hear this.

Syro is good, cheetah is pretty good

Syro is a great album.
cheetah2[ld spectrum], cheetah7b and cirklon3 are nuanced bangers.

orphaned deejay is best thing he's done since the tuss

>Syro fails at all fronts.

Still you fail to pinpoint any mistake. That's because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

don't nurture the embryo, he's just gonna come back here and go on a shitposting rampage.

Shryroming Mix
CIRKLON 1

thank you

this desu
but if elseq would have been edited and shortened to less than 2hours long, it'd be AOTY tho.

you don't know what you're talking about cheetah is dogshit syro is great

vsnares is shit

if you think Syro is shit you are fucking dumb cunt autist or haven't been listening to this genre much, or this is a bait. Syro is actually one of Richard's tightest album. Only the newfags on Sup Forums claim to not like it and now it has turned into a meme. Every serious musician I have met in real life has loved Syro. I personally listened to that album in various state of minds just because how fucking groovy and extraordinarily arranged it is. I had one of my sweetest nights after doing some heroin and eating 2 drops of acid while dancing in a field all night listening to that album on repeat with a bunch of friends. I had already listened to it tonnes before I did that and still ended up discovering so much from it. It still amazes me. This album at least made me realized how terribly pretentious Sup Forums has become now. Either you are a new fag or a bored as fuck oldfag. Either way, stop ruining Sup Forums and fuck off to Sup Forums please.

some tracks on syro have really grown off me, including minipops, which is unfortunate since its the first track and all

still, there are some truly next-level moments like tracks #6 and #11, and as a whole it's far and away better than drukqs

Produk 29 is a great fucking track and so is 180db

syro is incredible and i didn't realize just how great it is until a recent relisten

cheetah is good, not as good as syro but it's in the same vein. the 2 centerpieces are rly nice and i think cheetah2 is gonna join the canon of aphex tracks with really sweet melodies that I replay a lot

RDJ has no bad albums

all these recent eps (which I find a little lackluster) have actually made me appreciate syro way more
the length is in part why it's so good tbqh senpai

The last track on there sounded really aphex twin

hurr durr wow no way!

I liked all four of these.

vsnares is fucking awful tho

and i like you

Rossz Czallasewq Whateverthefuck, 1961 and Sleep (under the Last Step moniker), and TSM are all damn good albums d e s u. He has put out some shitty music though, no denying that. But when he's on point he's an absolute monster in the game.

Holy shit, it's a Sup Forumsnicorn ! someone who actually enjoys different musicians despite their differences and isn't actively seeking to join an elitist hate group.

youtube.com/watch?v=T-oTVyj8Bjw

M8 listen to Winter In The Belly Of a Snake, IDM masterpiece

daily reminder for all you people who thought Cheetah was kind of underwhelming

this sot of makes it even worse that warp put 10x more marketing time, energy, and $$$ into cheetah than any other of their other releases this year...

Love this one!

I liked both Cheetah and Syro btw

Syro was good not great in my opinion.

I dig Cheetah a lot though, it's a real nice relaxed record. I feel like a lot of people won't like it because it's a more by-the-numbers Aphex release, but I definitely don't have a problem with that. I like a lot of downtempo and chillwave music so this sort of chilled IDM was real sweet.

>idm
it's just acid techno mate

In the meantime the new Trackermatte EP is filling the whole strange, complex composition, breakneck bpm, and robust melodies void that a more subtle and tranquil Cheetah has left me with.
youtube.com/watch?v=VetiAigJf-c
Love Cheetah though, and I have a feeling these tracks will age well.

damn i wish the lobster e.p. was a thing

This

I feel you, I wish it was too. I'm telling you though man, this new Trackermatte EP is money

How have I not heard of this before now?

...is a predictable, plebeian ass way to post your terrible opinions.

>falls for the tripfag created pleb/patrician dichotomy
>criticizes others for how they express themselves
Wew lad

fuck off sean

goddamnit

tracks 6-9 on syro is my favorite work of aphex twin to date. some of the best composed, best sounding, and most intriguing beat-driven electronic music ever made. i love cheetah too, has some swampy vibes and sweet melodies.

different music with different effects and purposes. autechre and aphex twin are both very talented.

didn't really like that record. sounds good but i never really felt venetian snares put much personality in his music. dunno if that's true but something about his music doesn't click with me.

ia with just about everything you've said. i don't get the Aphex v Ae competition mentality - v different music with different aims.