Other urls found in this thread:

nachtkabarett.com/lock/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=p8IHBqNQj3U
youtube.com/watch?v=V-7a9zKbTzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ihAxtvCTBqY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't fuck around with me. Source?

hell be fine

as far as legacy goes, the guy shoulda OD'd back in 99 and he'd probably be up there with Cobain

You've really pissed me off. He's going to die due to meme magic.

He's in the hospital, check his FB. He looked ill and stumbled around stage last night. His liver probably caught up to him.

He would've been a legend if he died after completing the triptych. As a fan, I'm glad he didn't. I thought The Pale Emperor was fantastic and he still puts on a good show live (if he's in a good mood himself).

This is why kurt was an hero.

I really want him to do something completely crazy, like get to levels far worse than antichtist superstar, something experimental and ear grating, but i bet he's just too old and he never liked to step out of his comfort zone

>I want Antichrist 2
>he never steps out of his comfort zone
Except he does with every album?

Well, he still drinks and use drugs like a motherfucker. Hope he recovers though.

Same.

I don't listen to Marilyn Manson but that song that was in John Wick got me interested. Pale Emperor is great.

Pot isn't gonna kill him. Alcohol might though.

It annoys me when people as intelligent as him succumb to years of heavy drug use. I feel like he's so much better than that. Even if he is a rock star.

tell me the last time he did

pale emperor was kind of a step forward but not in an experimental way, everything after holywood till pale emperor is pretty much shit(with a few redeemable songs here and there), born villain is one of the worst albums I've ever heard

Last album.

GOAG, EMDM, TPE. Not the same shit as Holy Wood.

Marylin Manson is a wannabe edgy faggot. His shitty "music" is 100% shock value

pleb

Call him a faggot, but he's something that you'll never be hey hey hey.

never understood the fans of mm. especially on mu

They're all scene kids. Ignore them.

Oh goody, here he is, fucking Marie-Lynn Mason AGAIN. What did he do this time? Burn a bible? Rip on "white trash"? Say bad words like "fuck" and "shit" in his songs? Wow, did I get it right??? Of course I did, because he's only done this shit a million-gajillion times in the past. Great, dude, you like this Allison Cooper for Hot Topic kids, good for you. Now go join the 3,000,000 other broken condom products and their tacklebox faces and leave this board, because you don't belong here. We listen to real music, not old men who are doing the same shit they were doing when their fanbase was in diapers.

you're worse than the worst MM fan

Im seriously considering screencapping your post for cringe threads

i would actually love if he died because there's these metalheads i my class who like him and I hate the way these people act like they are into music when they are into image and just shit

I hope he does

What would actually happen if he did kick the bucket?

i think he died inside a long while ago

i don't think much would happen

>Im seriously considering screencapping your post for cringe threads
*cringes*
That's about typical for a Marilyn Manson fan.
Oh, I'm so ashamed. A MM fan is going to screencap my post for cringe threads. I'm gonna be all over r/cringe before long because one manchild got his feelings hurt.

If I cared as much as you do about me bashing your idol, I'd feel more triumphant than ashamed.

Anyone else find it hilarious so many people like his music?

lamo what the fuck is this teengirl drama bs?

I hope he does die so I can see the metalheads in my class cry about it. I fucking hate those people they are the biggest posers and so fucking boring.

>Now go join the 3,000,000 other broken condom products and their tacklebox faces and leave this board, because you don't belong here

this sounds like a marilyn manson lyric lol

i've been going thru his discog this week to see how i feel about him now that i'm an adult in the world on my own and not a preteen who's angry at society

i hadn't heard anything from high end of low on before now, just have The Pale Emperor left to get to, so far i'm thinking:
Mechanical Animals > Antichrist Superstar > Portrait > Eat Me Drink Me > Holy Wood > Born Villain > Golden Age > High End of Low

most of it's pretty bad looking back (besides /maybe/ antichrist and mechanical animals). i don't get why holy wood is so revered, like yeah he was discussing timely issues but he was already at a stage where he was recycling cliches from his last 3 records and the groany repetitive ballads are just irritating to listen to. and High End of Low is straight up one of the worst records I've ever heard in my life, Running to the Edge of the World is irredeemably corny and half of the hooks on the album sound like they're from different songs than the one they're jammed into

Saw him with Slipknot, but he was kinda shit live. The entire performance he seemed mad at the sound guy. Some of the Marilyn Manson fans were hot though. I need to listen to an artist for their image some time and have a three way.

>Holy Wood that low
>Eat me drink me before holy wood

yeah, i don't get it. eat me drink me was my least favorite as a kid but it at least has some interesting post-punk flavored instrumentals (evidence IIRC had a cool breakdown at the end) and experimentation. this time around holy wood felt like a mix of the aesthetics of Antichrist and the songwriting of Animals where neither was done as well. Nobodies is such a basic, surface level exploration of the mentality it's about and it's like 90% hook for example

This nigga dead yet?

kek

>mm
>scene kids
>making me reply

He was forced to make High End of Low by his record label, he was under contract to make 1 more record. He doesn't play any of those songs live and acknowledges that it's not a good record.

>As a kid
>As an adult
Mate, it only came out a few years ago. You still sound like a kid desu.

I like how much thought he puts into each of his songs.

nachtkabarett.com/lock/index.html

he was the very last rockstar, and there haven't been any new ones since then.

He almost singlehandedly ran the whole rock star phenomenon into the ground on purpose.

Even if I respect his early music I hope that if he dies it will at least break the spell, somehow.

9 years is 'a few'?

i read that but he says similar shit about how he's gonna be 'better this time' every time he comes out with a new record. if 'born villain' was a comeback record then maybe i don't want him back

I dunno man it came out almost 10 years ago.

Finally somebody who isn't a full on tard

>he was the very last rockstar, and there haven't been any new ones since then.
>He almost singlehandedly ran the whole rock star phenomenon into the ground on purpose.

This is the one thing people really don't talk about enough regarding Manson. Kurt Cobain wasn't the last rock star, Manson was, and his entire shtick was to make it that way.

:^)

The Pale Emperor is his best record since Holy Wood. Most fans & critics agree. So I wouldn't give up on him just yet, if I were you. Then again, if you are a mature adult who only listens to mature music nowadays, maybe it's a lost cause.

Also he only acts that way about THEOL. He plays songs from all of his other records (except Portrait atm) live. Every artist says "my new record is my favorite" at some point, but he's never discredited a record the way he has with THEOL before.

Thinking back about it, I'm pretty sure that Antichrist Superstar was partially a commentary on the cult that surrounded Cobain's death.

I mean 2016 is the year of musicians dropping like flies... If this was 2015 I'd say he'll be fine but I dunno...

Yes, but it's more than that. His shtick was about the silly idolization of rock stars in general.

i'm interested to see what it sounds like for sure

and i wouldn't say that i limit myself to 'mature music', i listen to carly rae jepsen somewhat often so feel free to take my opinion w a grain of salt

I don't know, he still tours, hell be fine.

Yeah well he's his own character obviously, but the end of the album is obviously about the disintegrator killing himself (or getting himself killed) and taking his fandom down with him. The difference being that Cobain did it for private reasons while the disintegrator does it out of hatred for his own fans.

Gud song
youtube.com/watch?v=p8IHBqNQj3U

if someone shot him onstage during the GGG-tour it would have been more poetic though

I'm not sure if you saw the tour, but it ends with him being shot and dragged off stage.

they're like death grips fans

Exactly. how does Death Grips even qualify as music? I get that it sounds raw, and I guess that could be taken as a good thing, but it actually just sounds like fucking prison music

their works are easy to over-analyze and be pretentious about.

He's making a new album SAY10

Released Valentine's day 2017
(10 year anniversary after the official recordings of Born Again and Irresponsible Hate Anthem)

He has intriguing vocal capabilities but I've never heard it executed well in his music.

Someone post something good of his if it exists

meme!

he should collaborate on the next JC + The Voidz record and have absolutely no say in the instrumentals

Well he's done everything from Industrial, pop rock, blues to glam rock. So it really depends on what you wanna hear.

Antichrist Superstar's his best album.

Keep in mind it's a parody of glam rock. He takes glam rock techniques and pushes them to a grotesque level.
sensual crooning => low gurgling mumble
lascivious singing => creepy falsetto moans
angry screaming => frantic temper tantrum yells
nasal decadent vocals => goat-like sneers

The concept is basically "what soccer moms hear when they listen to Alice Cooper".

I feel like it's his bands fault for the bland music. As a singer I'd say he's top tier. Definitely the best normie rock band though.

Here you go senpai, try not to get a boner.

youtube.com/watch?v=V-7a9zKbTzQ

Nah, when he's on his own he makes pretty dull music (like on Born Villain) but when he's got a good guitarist writing strong riffs for him and a talented producer like Reznor behind him, then it becomes really interesting.

I'm a huge fan of both Manson & Reznor, but sometimes people give Reznor too much credit when it comes to Antichrist Superstar. It's not like it sounded bad before Reznor got his hands on it (Daisy somewhat recently uploaded all the ACSS demos), but he definitely added some cool stuff to it.

Yeah, Manson made some guitar riffs for Born Villain after having one or two lessons from Twiggy. He's clearly not a guitarist, so a lot of stuff on that album is very basic.

I wonder what the reaction from normies was like back in the day for his MTV VMA appearance.

youtube.com/watch?v=ihAxtvCTBqY

dubs or dead

Yeah I also like the demos, but they sound more like a White Zombie ripoff (which the Spooky Kids were to a large degree) and less like its own thing.

Reznor didn't come up with those riffs and with the lyrics and concept, but he allowed Manson's vision to come to life in all its decadent glory, even if Manson allegedly wanted it to sound cleaner and quieter.

>i hope he dies
>people who like something i don't like are retards

MM fans are pretty bad most of the time, but you guys are even worse, you're edgier than actual school shooters

Name a band with a good fanbase (that you are not part of).

dude I think you misread my post, it's not about fanbases, it's about the people who shit on manson for being and edgy shock rocker and then say they hope he dies n shit (which is edgy af in my book)

You're not wrong, but I wouldn't expect anything else from people on here. I mean the first part of your post. Do you mean Manson fans are edgy most of the time or what? I mean, in the 90's sure, but I think the majority of his fans are "normal" adults now.

Daily Reminder:

Marilyn Manson was responsible for the death of Keanu Reeve's fiancee.

Manson didn't crash her car.

Just loaded her up with drugs and told her to drive.

I'm on to you Brian. David Lynch showed me the way.

Perhaps she shouldn't have been driving under the influence. She could have killed someone innocent. She was a grown woman. I doubt Manson paid any special attention to her and she probably just wanted to return to the party after she had been driven home. Hell, they probably drove her home because she was so wasted.

Or Manson told her to come back to the party, drive herself and not wear a seatbelt in the middle of the night. What is more likely?

rip in peace mr skeletal

doot doot