/ambient/

Let's have a good old ambient/drone thread shall we? Haven't been keeping up at all, any releases from this or last year I should check out?

Also post what you're listening to, starting with a classic.

Other urls found in this thread:

goldtimerstapes.bandcamp.com/album/humming-hills
youtube.com/watch?v=E0AEHwiRBAY
youtube.com/watch?v=2ePw6mJRt_Q
chubbywolf.bandcamp.com/album/ornitheology
mattchristensensolo.bandcamp.com/album/your-other-hope
youtube.com/watch?v=ti98lX_WH9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wasup my niggas

>em:t
god tier

ambient has the comfiest covers

if you like ambient/drone/lo-fi/new age/psychedelic stuff you have to check this one.

goldtimerstapes.bandcamp.com/album/humming-hills

Oh boy, good times. Posting the scariest of them all.

whos's there?

I hadn't listened to any of this, and although I usually dislike ambient with beats or even too recognisable measurements this is actually really good. The Long Ambients release is even better, quality stuff.

Knock knock? It's me, anyway.

my favorite ambient release this year, idk if the cheetah ep is considered ambient tho

youtube.com/watch?v=E0AEHwiRBAY

youtube.com/watch?v=2ePw6mJRt_Q

bamp

STARS OF THE LID NEW ALBUM WHEN

Never.

what's everyone's thoughts on Ambarchi?

I've been listening to this a lot lately. It makes me feel things.

chubbywolf.bandcamp.com/album/ornitheology

As for something from last year:
mattchristensensolo.bandcamp.com/album/your-other-hope

>tfw celer often makes me cry

Danielle had such a nice body - literally perfect.

This one is also very good
By the way it seems Woob has been putting out stuff again lately, some unreleased alternate takes stuff but also new cinematic things.

I've only listened to Engaged Touches, but it's fantastic. There's a very strong feeling of warmth and love in it. What else would you recommend?

Track 3 of this has a sample of a woman telling about the holocaust throughout, there's a funny thread on DI radio forums of people saying "holocaust is not chillout" etc lol

Capri is a great starting point. Lots of smaller tracks. RYM honestly does a good job of sorting their top stuff too.

At least there's still AWVFTS tho their last proper album was 5 years ago.

link?

Thanks for reminding me of Celer, will put up Evaporate and Wonder next (only one I have).

seems to be gone.. Massive track tho
youtube.com/watch?v=ti98lX_WH9Q

engaging as hell. Saw him perform A Final Kiss live, all warped and extended. Man what an evening, I still remember thinking "this guy is yet to bring his best material".

Inside my room, watching the rain
I sit and listen while my mind is wandering

What's the most comfy ambient?

What's the best ambient for warm summer days?

More drone than anything, but try these.

>tfw I've listened to every one of these

Welp.

That's okay I like drone too

Need more charts like this. I like ambient and electronic-y stuff that is cozy or dark but I have no clue where to begin searching outside of the surface level stuff.

I would say look into the artists themselves and see if there are any side projects or groups they collab with. Record labels are also a really good way to find things sometimes.

Beyond that, one place I get a lot of my drone/ambient recs is the Tabs Out podcast- they play a lot of music like this, and if you don't feel like sifting through the 2+ hours of banter surrounding it they even have track listings for each episode.

What's a good cozy podcast?

What do they even discuss?

This is excellent.

For some time I have listened mainly to cold sounding albums like Deep Frieze by SRM and Frost by RYSG. Most of Ambiguity's stuff sounds really like it's in a warm, fuzzy place though.

Listening to "arctic ambient" doesn't feel right when it's 30 degrees celsius outside and the sun is shining. God, I can't wait for winter.

Yeah I think that's mainly because I deal badly with heat myself, and am pretty much busy cooling myself off the entire time. Even my choice in music's reflecting this.

Fuck yes I love Wolfgang Voigt

Try Dropsonde when the it's hot but breezy outside. Really delightful.

A guy tells me to use a condom.

wrong gas amigo

My first Biosphere album, it's so good. He still drops that shit in his live shows, too.

It's more IDM than ambient but pic is my ultimate melancholic summer evening album.

kek
I still have them in the same folder even if I know they're different persons.

bumping this, will post a bunch of recs soon

Will we ever get Monochromes vol. 2?

does anyone else exclusively / almost exclusively listen to ambient/drone?

I've had periods like that but not at the moment.

Tell us your favourites then