Witch House

Can we get a Witch House thread going? i started getting into it recently, i'll link a few songs i think are pretty cool and is grimes/crystal castles fall into this catagory?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5vUa4z9Lwl4
youtube.com/watch?v=tZu3EUVJ8-4
youtube.com/watch?v=U9UCDdOydfg
youtube.com/watch?v=FQStbwNCl2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=6KOipv1dsgw
youtube.com/watch?v=rrilhzTBfi4
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4OuQibHAh0TeFlONVBUb1VlRXc&usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=OCwm08sTA5U
youtube.com/watch?v=McpAe0kj_To
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=5vUa4z9Lwl4

Grimes doesn't, she just makes dreampop with a chiptune/synthpop flavoring.

Crystal Castles however, can be categorized as witch house since they have those spooky synths and syncopated beats.

Witch House is just darkwave with nigger beats thrown on top to make it sound more "urban".

Remove the beats and you've got yourself some decent, actually ethereal and ominous-sounding music.

3 by cc is the greatest witch house album. It's undisputed

ah thanks, i thought so, III, II and I were pretty good albums i hope they're next one does well even with a new singer, this is a pretty good Crystal castles song youtube.com/watch?v=tZu3EUVJ8-4

Honestly the only CC song I really really like is Child I Will Hurt You cause it's not witch house at all, it's just a really fucking beautiful lullaby.

youtube.com/watch?v=U9UCDdOydfg

word i like this song from that album youtube.com/watch?v=FQStbwNCl2Y

what's experimental about this shit? it's the same old tired trap beat and wobbly spooky synth as everywhere else.

I swear trap beats ought to be outlawed.

GOAT

then link some, as i said im still new to this genre

Where do you think the trap beats came from?

here's some

youtube.com/watch?v=6KOipv1dsgw

I don't fucking care who came up with them desu it's not acceptable to still be using them when they only disrupt the atmosphere you're trying to create and sound lazy af.

How do I find the ones with unicode titles and names? I wanna sample some songs on youtube

i really like this but then some starts rapping over it, but its still enjoyable youtube.com/watch?v=rrilhzTBfi4

this is really good,

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4OuQibHAh0TeFlONVBUb1VlRXc&usp=sharing

ayy lmao off yourself

No seriously what the fuck is up with those beats?

They instantly make your spooky synths 50% less spooky by reminding you that they're made by weed-smoking teenagers for weed-smoking teenagers to smoke le weed to.

HOLY SHIT, thank you so much!! i dont know much of any others really so i'll just post another crystal castles song youtube.com/watch?v=OCwm08sTA5U

its a lorde remix but i like it, you feel me
youtube.com/watch?v=McpAe0kj_To

omg that synth bang but then sudden ending, that was truely a decent feel, thank so much contributing anons!