youtube.com/watch?v=TbIRySIvfo0
youtube.com/watch?v=KCzhy4O5l20
youtube.com/watch?v=HEUpAYQc0-c
youtube.com/watch?v=Lfohg09AQ6s
youtube.com/watch?v=Lk9uYHk5HO0
youtube.com/watch?v=5CXqFmcWkJE
youtube.com/watch?v=BD65dY1H6gs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Final got around to listening to Animals by this town needs guns, more math and emoe but still theres over lap, I'm like it tho

No concerts coming up, playing to start an emo band myself so the next one I go to will probably be my own

The new Touche Amore is my next thing to get (More post hardcore/skramz but again overlap)

The album growth by western high is pretty awesome, you can find them on bandcamp, they have a kinda low fi vibe to them (think the glow part two)

Tonight I am sorting out my digital music collection, as I am going to the beach tomorrow to look out sadly at the sea and listen to stuff I haven't gotten round to yet

Top thread OP, we need more emo generals

post hardcore and skramz are more than welcome in this thread and same I'm also looking forward to the new Touche a lot - gonna be really sad.

Bike Path came out with an album last week thats really great and a pay what you want on bandcamp. I can seem them getting bigger because of it. its like Albatross era Foxing except with more balls and mathyness.

I'm seeing drive like jehu next so p excited for that.

currently listening to Funeral Diner

tonight I'm just chillin before tomorrow when i go hang with some friends on the water

Dude, no need to lie that you totally found Blonde + Blue by Bike path on reddit, cos I totally did to, say what you will about that site but the music community is generally better than this /shithole/, but its a mad good album

If you want some good sad post hardcore check out La Dispute, one of my all time favourite bands, they do real good stuff

I've heard the previews of yank Crimes so I imagine that they're pretty fun life, hope its a good time, I'd love to see more bands like them on tour

>tfw no mates to get wasted with and listen to Saetia with
>tfw when they're all into indie rock like the strokes

sophiesfloorboard at blogspot
Also check out this blog, she links to good downloads of all the albums she reviews, lots of punk, hardcore/post hardcore, skramz and emo

youtube.com/watch?v=ARlC8NGsVNU

I did find it on reddit through r/emo hahaha. they're an alright community, a little basic in taste but decent discussion. The song Violet whatever is prob my favorite on it. Love the dude's voice too and emotion

you know, i've ever actually taken the time to listen to La Dispute, but I know i'd be into them. i think it was the vocals that put me off, even though half of what i listen to is screamo. I also missed their tour with Thursday like a month ago and would kick myself if i started to dig them right after missing their tour

DLJ is gonna be fun as hell, Yank Crime is a crazy album. Seeing Titus Andronicus for the third time as well and can not wait for that. I have the most fun at titus shows.

yea i dont have any skramz friends irl only regular emo shit

>A little basic in taste
>Reddit
Thats what happens when everything you say is logged forever, but still, normies are aright sometime

If you missed seeing La Dispute on tour you should already be kicking yourself, once you get over the voice (such small hands is a bad song to start with) there tell some of the most heartfelt stories with the songs, especially in the album wildlife, defiantly check them out, also Thursday is well good to so you could have gone just for them and called it a good time

Punk shows are always the most fun, because the people in the moss pit fuck around the hardest

I dont even have any emo friends, the closest I've got is a friend who's into the Front bottoms, and its not that I think there awful but theres so much more out there that I want to share with people

YOU

THEE BLOOOOOOOD FLOOOOOOOOOOWWWS

yeah I honestly should've gone to the show regardless of ever really listening to either of the bands but o well.

my friend who is into emo his fave band is like modern baseball, but he likes marietta and some other cool shit so its aight.

but yeah punk shows are by and far the most fun for me at least

I'll allow Modern baseball, You're Gonna Miss it All is a fucking belter of an album

Good thread man, do more of them, there was a pretty successfully post hardcore one a few days back, but every time I start one no one replies, everyone on this board is more interested in shit posting about grimes and kanye west

this is some great shit

hell yeah. i actually kinda miss the /emoe/ threads because they were chill, even though they got annoying at times.

You're Gonna Miss It All ain't a bad album at all. the new one is alright, but too disjointed and lacking what makes mobo different. Just Another Face may be their best song though. best Killers song i've heard since Sam's town.

Those threads always got weird when anime girls got involved (pic related)

I liked the new album, I kinda see what you means about disjointed, but I hold it in my head in as "fuck it, its fun to listen to", I don't view it like an artistic piece to be considered as a whole, but just some fun songs to listen to when I don't want to cry on public transport

Tears Overs Beers is still completely there best song tho

yeah i overall like desu i havent listened to them enough to really know what their best shit may be.

really not sure what my emo aoty is. the new Sioux Falls was great but the Hotelier has been growing on me. I'm really hoping the Touche one is amazing.

currently listening to the new moose blood lol it's pretty bad

anyone listened to this absolute ripper

listen to la dispute's here, hear III EP - it's all that's good about them with toned down spoken word kinda vox instead which sound way better than the dude's standard yell

A little bit. Not too shabby. Missed my chance to see them in DC

Will definitely check them out

Thank you, anons. I've been really meaning to get into them but just haven't yet. This'll be nice

the singles are really tight i think, the little elephant sessions they did for them especially. sorry to hear that broe

Just as an update I'm listening to Somewhere at the Bottom by la dispute for the first time and it's blowing me away so damn. I feel stupid for not getting into this earlier. This takes like everything I like about mewithoutyou and revamps it

where r the cute animes

uguu

what's your eaoty btw?
sport.bandcamp.com/album/slow

the new lostrophets of corse

>tfw listened to them just because of the scandal but it turns out they were actually pretty damn good

Sioux Falls desu

>tfw the pain goes away if you let it

>youtube.com/watch?v=7UI1_V5xgDY
>might be seeing Free Throw Again next month
>???
>sports. is p fuckin cool
>sit at home and play vidja

>sophiesfloorboard
this is incredible. thank you

real nigga music

youtube.com/watch?v=TbIRySIvfo0

>what're you listening to
Nothing right now. I'm at my parent's house. Will probably be listening to Brendan Lukens' solo album tonight.

>upcoming concerts
None planned right now. Fucking no one is coming through Indiana.

>most anticipated emo releases to come this year
Not really on the lookout for anything at the moment. Some new Bay Faction would be cool though.

>favorite up-and-coming emo band
Haven't been staying up to date with emo lately. Will be checking out some of the stuff mentioned in this thread. Any other recs?

>plans tonight
Probby going to play a boardgame with my girlfriend. We're going to a zoo tomorrow morning so we aren't doing anything exciting tonight.

Some recs: Pinegrove (if you haven't jumped on that train yet), Jank is alright, Animal Flag is very Conor obersty,

I like Pinegrove and Jank. I'll have to check out Animal Flag.

pic related is a jagged mess of an album but I still really fucking like it

looking for some more older emo/post-hardcore shit like Cole, Maximilian Colby, Chavez, Kolya, Navio Forge etc. Anybody got some recs?

my nigga

which song do you like best?

I've got this fixation on Weighted but I think Guilttripping is the objectively best

i actually like the more fast paced stuff on that record like tragician and neverenders, but it's hard to pick a favorite. i saw him live last november and he fucking killed it, best show i've been to in a while.

you guys ever listened to brand new

oh man I really hope to see him some day. glad you had a good show.

tragician is excellent, it breaks my fucking heart to listen to so I know it's good

i have a daisy record and it sounds fucking amazing

definitely go if you have the chance. he usually meets fans after the show, and i heard he's one of the nicest people you will ever meet

Are there any good female emo bands? With either a majority of female members, or a focus on women's experiences?

Hop Along is cool. Julien Baker is great too but not as emo-y.

May check the archive to see if you can find one of the old emoe OPs. They used to have recs including female emo.

I have a hop along album on my computer but I've never listened to it. I'll give it a spin. The vocalist is amazing.

Yea I caught them at a show for my birthday earlier this year and she sounds add good live as in the studio. It was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=KCzhy4O5l20

youtube.com/watch?v=HEUpAYQc0-c

youtube.com/watch?v=Lfohg09AQ6s

youtube.com/watch?v=Lk9uYHk5HO0

youtube.com/watch?v=5CXqFmcWkJE

anyone know stuff similar to this?

That's awesome. I'm jelly.

> Pedro, my man.
> Hoping to snag some tickets to that Joyce Manor/Hotelier/Crying tour.
> Honestly I'm hella pumped for Moose Blood's new record. Hella derivative, but good jams.
> Bike Path. Thanks, /r/emo fuck it.
> Sit here and do jack shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=BD65dY1H6gs