Scaruffi gave this album a 7.5/10 and In Rainbows a 5/10. How does that make you feel Sup Forums?

Scaruffi gave this album a 7.5/10 and In Rainbows a 5/10. How does that make you feel Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O1ynmXeXVZI
youtube.com/watch?v=nq9j1qkj2Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=CFYMMa8GcKs
youtube.com/watch?v=wPlU0RraTwE
youtube.com/watch?v=xDdGrlylcEU
youtube.com/watch?v=3d1re02FuLg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well this is a good album, so okay...

Seems fair

Yes, but Korn has a stigma toward it and Sup Forums has a lot of Radiohead fans, so I'm curious about it.

>le 'nu metal is bad' meme
he's right though. korn's s/t pretty much defined a genre and brought metal back from shit and IR was just a rehash of what radioheads already done

Scruffy appreciates real Rock n Roll not pretentious garbage.

>implying korn isnt less pretentious
dude they have a 9 minute long song my man, not even radiohead has made a song longer than that

What song?

Daddy

Radiohead has a stigma, too

that's not pretentious

This album is great, and this is coming from someone who absolutely does not like Nu Metal.

If you haven't listened to this album, you should.

So? At least it's still Rock n Roll and not pretentious garbage.

>implying pretensciousness has anything to due with the scale of a concept and not its excecution
Wew lad

>At least it's still Rock n Roll
>Implying it being Rock n Roll is a merit of the music

so, you're like 12 right?

Life Is Peachy is their best album

>gave the best nu-metal album Around the fur only 6/10
I call BS

I don't enjoy it, but it did something new and helped bring interest back into metal.
Although the genre it spawned had just as much butt rock as hair metal.

well, no shit. Radiohead is Rock music trying to be some fake "artistic" bullshit. Korn is Rock n Roll and just trying to be that. No stupid bullshit.

Scaruffi gave this album a 6.5/10 and In Rainbows a 5/10. How does that make you feel Sup Forums?

I don't feel. Why should I care what someone rates an album?

>they have a 9 minute long song my man
How does this make them pretentious? Tool has countless songs that exceed 9 minutes

does it piss anyone else off that the Metal Archives website had korn in the database for just one day as an april fools joke? fucking elitists

>Korn
into the trash it goes

IR is kind of boring, but I think Korn's s/t is pretty interesting youtube.com/watch?v=O1ynmXeXVZI

(I deleted my previous post because the lyrics were wrong)

Literally nothing a group as overtly fucking autistic as Metal Archives could do to even slightly bother me.

I just pity them to the highest degree.

Life Is Peachy is a good album don't get me wrong, but bruh

Both too high

Korn - 8/10
Life is Peachy - 6/10
Follow the Leader - 7/10
Issues - 6/10
Untouchables - 6/10
Take a Look in the Mirror - 5/10
See You On the Other Side - 4/10
Untitled - 3/10
Korn III - 4/10
The Path of Totality - 3/10

I like their early album covers, how did they go from clever stuff like on the front of Follow the Leader and S/T to garbage like this.

No thoughts on The Paradigm Shift?

Its still good art, that didnt take 3 mins nahmean?

Issues is at least a 7 if you ask me. Also I think I think untitled was maybe a 4-5, the rest of that list is right though.

Untouchables is the worst album cover ever, closely followed by SYOTOS

Nar I stopped listening after Path of Totality, is it worth my time?

About half of Issues I like, half not so much. It was their most interesting album since their debut, but Follow the Leader was just more consistent. I'd put Issues 3rd though.

Untitled I only listened to once and despised it. Maybe I should revisit it one day, but if it's just the difference between giving it a 3 and a 4, I don't see why I should waste time revisiting.

I don't get what the album cover is supposed to represent.

Why are their faces so weird looking.

They just announced their next upcoming album and the cover makes me want to vomit. Pic related

oh my fucking god

it makes me feel like some guy has a different opinion than me, and I'm quite alright with that.

The singles were decent on Untitled if that's worth anything, Evolution is a pretty good song desu. Although the majority of it is pretty filler, its just an average album by definition if you ask me.

I listened to a couple of songs off of Paradam Shift, it's not that good imo.

I think the new single from their new album is good though. Maybe it will be another issues or Untouchables instead of Take a Look in the Mirror where only the lead single is that memorable. youtube.com/watch?v=nq9j1qkj2Vc

That's an abomination.

It's pretty sad that these guys are like 45 and thinking shit like that looks cool.

Scaruffi is an irrelevant old man with shit taste

The Paradigm Shift has Head back on it which is probably its saving grace. I think it's decent but the bonus tracks suck. It's at least worth a listen

Yeah that's outrageously tacky. I always liked the cover of pic related, apparently it was selected from a fan art contest which is a pretty cool idea to involve the fans.

Evolution was the least bad song on the album if I recall. But, idk, it felt like a song that came out of a 'Random Korn song generator'

I may listen to Paradigm Shift just so i've listened to all their albums, but it's hard to get myself to when there's so many actual albums I want to listen to out there.

nah senpai something tells me they know they're being KoRny, and doing it on purpose

Idk, have you ever heard Johnathan Davis interviewed these days? I think the dude is legitimately detached from the world.

voodoo doll turned into bloody gir

that's even better

Limp Bizkit's "Significant Other" has the same rating as OK computer and Amnesiac, 7 being the highest ratings for both artists.
Really makes you think.

really makes you wanna re-evaluate nu metal, for most of the reason it's dismissed is for being "uncool" which is silly after all

he's still wrong about the beatles though

Clown and Faget are the two peaks of Nu Metal

would you use the syntheizer from this intro in your own beat or no. youtube.com/watch?v=CFYMMa8GcKs

There are some genuinely good nu-metal bands like Sevendust and Korn, but there is a lot of garbage out there as well. Still, I bet there are some hidden gems wanting to be unearthed.

That's because Life Is Peachy was made for people with Aspergers.

And that's why I love it.

Life is Peachy is a like a socially outcasted perverted creep's bedroom.

That guitar tone too.

I liked the Path of Totality and both Untitleds.
Because they are unique.
Untitled had a great style, but lacked a good songs, too much filler

I fucking hate that record
Bands who innovate shouldn't copy their own sound that much.

Looks very Korn.
To compliment their stale sound.

funnily enough I explored it a bit.

There's a trend where a lot of nu metal bands started out pretty original but after 1 or 2 albums they turned into clones of Linkin Park or Disturbed. Did you know that Limp Bizkit made a 16 minute instrumental track on their first album? Their first album has a lot of focus on instrumentation. 2nd album is pretty fun pop.

I kinda feel like this is intentionally this bad, it's consistent with their other album covers and it invokes that white trash meth town shit you'd expect to see in a Korine film or whatever. Makes sense considering where they all came from, drug fueled working class towns with a lot of poverty.

Nah, I only listened to the singles growing up. I never thought to actually dig into the Limp Bizkit discography, but the early stuff probably isn't that bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=wPlU0RraTwE
youtube.com/watch?v=xDdGrlylcEU

these singles are from their first album

Aside from Fred Durst's terrible rapping, this actually sounds surprisingly really good. It's too bad that they are such a meme now.

I think it's dumb that he gave either album attention enough to review it. Neither are really significant in the grand scheme of things. There were much more interesting things going on in extreme underground doom metal in the mid-late 90s than Korn.

And why is he prioritizing Radiohead over say Sleepytime Gorilla Museum?

I like their original style from three dollar bill and sgnificant other. I don't really know many bands that combine metal/southern hard rock with funk, rap/jazz, industrial, and dark ambient in the same track(s) apart from Foetus. I would appreciate some reccs

Because they suck old, limp dick. Korn is a stupid fucking band.

>real rock n roll
>Trout Mask Replica
doesn't really sound that rock n roll to me

All Korn fans should commit suicide. You dumbass fuckers, worse than Juggalos I tell ya

youtube.com/watch?v=3d1re02FuLg
Their live shows seem like a really fun time.

>9 minute song
Found the fucking pleb boi.

So what makes you think that he is?

"Everything" is really awesome

One of the best bass lines ever

Too bad you're anonymous because I can't completely dismiss everything you say from now on with your shit taste. This is where Korn started their downward spiral

I agree. Life is Peachy is their most abrasive record in my opinion. It never gets old. That and their first album.

Tool is really pretentious dude thats like their whole
>aesthetic

i like Radiohead and all, but Korn is literally a better album than In Rainbows