Why does there seem to be a lot of Japanese people in Brazil? I'm seeing a lot of them here since I've come...

Why does there seem to be a lot of Japanese people in Brazil? I'm seeing a lot of them here since I've come, not a crazy amount but seems every 1-3 city blocks I'll see at least 1-3 japaneses

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentlemen's_Agreement_of_1907
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They immigrated when Japan was facing hard times and/or was devastated by war. They suffered discrimination and Brazil was one of the few countries that accepted them.

Brazil was one of the few countries that allowed in large numbers of Japanese immigrants when the Japanese economy was in the shitter. I forget if it was pre-WWII or after, but it was some major economic slump that led to a large number of Japanese moving there and to Seattle/West Coast

Japan was shit and Brazil needed laborers.

They're pretty common. Stereotypical fruit sellers at street markets.
Many migrated there during the war if I'm not mistaken, same as germans and other nords.

I see many japs here in my city, everyday

and this

What city is that?

Brazil has the largest Japanese population outside of Japan.

They moved there in the early 20th century because they were lead to believe there were opportunities in Brazil. I know it sounds ridiculous to us today, but this was before the internet.

>because they were lead to believe there were opportunities in Brazil.
most of them are rich/middle class right now, so they did pretty well

How different are native Japanese to Brazilian Japanese? Are Brazilian Japanese girls qt as the native? Will I have pussy even if I don't speak neither Japanese not Portuguese?

they're tan japs with big bunda

>will I get pussy

lmao you fucking wish paquito

O-ok

Campinas

> most of them are rich/middle class right now, so they did pretty well
Still... it's Brazil.

I'm sure the Japanese who immigrated to Brazil didn't expect Brazil to end up a third-world commie shithole while the country they left would be one of the most advanced prosperous nations on earth.

There was a period between the late 19th and early 20th century when the countries of the southern cone (Brazil, Argentina, Chile) were rising New World nations, and the Japanese, Germans, Italians and Iberians who took the boat over expected them to be new USAs that would leave their tiny old countries in the past.

>brazilian pretending to be a foreigner so he can brag for the millionth time about having a few Japanese citizens

Why are you guys so proud of this? It's pathetic.

Different enough to the point where they aren't accepted by natives as one of them and seen as gaijins. They say they often face discrimination.

They can go back any time they wish unlike you cucks the japanese goverment takes their diaspora instead of africans

Something like that I read some time ago, even their names in Japanese are written in a different way (using katakana I think). I once met a Brazilian Japanese here in Chile. He was with his white wife and their son. Pretty shy.

>Still... it's Brazil.
>I'm sure the Japanese who immigrated to Brazil didn't expect Brazil to end up a third-world commie shithole while the country they left would be one of the most advanced prosperous nations on earth.
Yes cause GDP per capita/HDI are the only thing that matters to be happy, specially in a frigid and autistic country like Japan

Look at Sabrina Sato's father, very Japanese eh?

and?

looks like that crack winner dude from that show

Carlos Esteves is Portuguese, from the Açores.

Shit....I feel terribly sorry for all those Jap men who came to Brazil only to get their women cucked by monkeys and having to live their lives becoming sugar cane farmers. I thought I had it worse but damn....

peru and brazil are japan

this

No can't because Japan doesn't do dual citizenship. When emigrate permanently you have to renounce citizenship.

yes but you cant actually renounce BR citizenship. So you say to japan that you have renounced Brazilian citizenship but in reality you havent kek

Met a Brapenese in college here. Jap face, brazilian everything else. Jesus, I wanna tap that so hard. Are they good there back in the motherland?

This true and our country got fucked because we adopted parlamentarism instead of continuing with the authoritarian republic

one of these days Mexico will be japan

so basically your average butterface

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentlemen's_Agreement_of_1907
>whereby the United States of America would not impose restriction on Japanese immigration, and Japan would not allow further emigration to the U.S.
Because we stopped them from coming here.

yeah basically all the immigration to latin america is just the leftovers who couldn't get into the US and had no other option left.

basically, the lowest of the lowest.

Mostly pre-war. Not to do with specific economic troubles but rather rapid industrialisation and Japan's status at the time as a developing country (but not a colony of a Western imperial power, so people were freer to move around). Historically, Jap. diaspora has been formed almost exclusively from the very bottom of the lower classes because these were the only people who felt the need to seek greener pastures (although emigrants of the last few decades are typically highly-educated professionals).

If you want to realise that then you'll need to set up a "deep state" like China has done throughout South-East Asia (and most fruitfully, so far, in the Philippines). In a century or so, you'll have a new Fujimori to pull a Duterte for Japan.

They wanted to come to America but they were turned away

>they were turned away
do you mean that is 'they' brazilian ?

I hate every post you make

are there cute enough ones similar to actual japanese girls? or too much mixing?

150 years ago, the samurai era ended and modernization started.
Then Japanese population increased rapidly. And South America wanted immigrants.

he seems Italian

I have no idea but they're lucky we didn't nuke their asses there.

because brazil and japan were both allied with the nazis in WW2

No? Brazil was never allied to germany ,we sent 25.000 soldiers to fucking italy to fight off nazis.

He is Lebanese actually.

hahaha you are so funny

Are Japanese in Brasil well merged in other Brasilians?
Or Jpn in Brsl and traditional Brasilians hates each other?

We hate each others.

yes, everybody loves the japanese descendent

why brojirians so racist to them
i sad

I hate you

you arent japanese fuck you too

why you think so
you make me sad

I read your post and your points is generally true.
Except one thing: Slumming wasn't a big deal in the early 20th century.
It existed, but not to the same nightmare level you see around the 60s.

Its also a complex issue, because the Japanese education system in the early 20th century was strong enough that the Early Immigrants managed to aim for higher social classes outside of the country.

Also this. It was easier to alleviate pressure by exporting people than to increase infrastructure to avoid slums.

because you right like an american

Japs introduced Jiu-Jitsu on Brazil and make Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

This is true. Americans are always right

thank you
i right

>I read your post and your points is generally true.
kek
>Its also a complex issue, because the Japanese education system in the early 20th century was strong enough that the Early Immigrants managed to aim for higher social classes outside of the country.
It's simple, most european/asian families has this strong family values/support that is needed here in Brazil to ascend socially, no wonder most immigrants that has these aspects after 2-3 generations you are in the top strata, and those that don't usually stay in poor class. Brazil is the typical latin country, family/friends is the key to success and that is why everyone can be integrated here also, since everybody is treated as Brazilian not mattering from where they came from

I get relieved.
May the Brasil be happy!

>It's simple, most european/asian families has this strong family values/support that is needed here in Brazil to ascend socially,
Thats true of any Society.

You and your parents isn't worth a lot.
You, your parents, your grandparents, your uncles and aunts, and your other close lineage for like 2-3 links?
Thats a lot of nepotism to actually learn how to deal with real life, and a lot of support if the family is close knit.
If the family is large enough, that could be a lot of good habits to pick up.

As contrasted by being a slum nigger, and then barely raising children, so they turn into slum niggers. And no family relationships means no nepotism or close family to learn from.

>As contrasted by being a slum nigger, and then barely raising children, so they turn into slum niggers.
2bh, that is mostly due to income inequality. Also people here aren't born alone, even if they have no families they can rely on friends and in this case they most likely lead to crime which is already established there due to centuries of income inequality, different from immigrants, which establish their own place with their own culture in the beginning, and since the government treats them as a normal brazilians they have to interact with the society to ascend socially, and literally all of them do. So they have all the pre-requisites to ascend socially: Strong family to back them up and forced into cultural adaption. Also because the government gives no handouts to immigrants and poor people except for a 70 reais ticket which you can only buy food with it. And that is why it works so well here. We are literally mafiosi kek in the end

Do some communities still speak Japanese?

nope

really rare, mostly 1st gen immigrants that are like 90 years old speak it

Interesting

2bh, its not that easy.
A lot of being "upperclass" is just to have a longer term perspective with money, better relationship with the extended family, and parents teaching their children good morals.

A lot of being poor, is that parents don't take care of their children. And income only hides it.
Its funny whenever some 2nd generation white trash gets a extremely high paying job, marries a 2nd generation white trash who also got high income, the children reach like 10-11 years old, and they are practically abandoned by their party parents.
And then those children turn to shit because they picked up a lot of morality from their parents.

They love getting LUSO'D

>A lot of being "upperclass" is just to have a longer term perspective with money, better relationship with the extended family, and parents teaching their children good morals.
kek this is not the case here, everyone from top to bottom has literally the same malandro way that is needed to survive or get rich, morals/law mean shit, if anything trust means everything here, to the point of breaking laws/screwing others to benefit those you trust. Upper class is just those guys that understood how the system works and uses it to their advantadge here

WWII criminals loved SA. Germans came to Argentina and Japs to BR.

Italians couldn't afford the plain tickets

Then how do the upper class families stay rich?
You are not thinking this trough, or think that "morals" have to be good.
A moral can simply be "don't be a dick to your family, and they will pay you back"

How come a lot of Argentine soccer players have Italian sounding names.

>Then how do the upper class families stay rich?
by having money and power kek. With that you can pay a good education to your children, get into a public college, get a job in the government or a family business and continue to be in the high strata. To ascend socially most immigrants ascended due to having family business and tons of contacts with their diaspora or brazilians, getting that way job opportunities. Once you have enough money you can pay for a good education to your children and bam you are there. Also abandoning your child/not giving an education is literally a crime here and literally frowned upon by everyone from top to bottom m8, most poor people that enter crime/prostitution usually do it to support their families 2bh. Family is a really strong thing here, just like most southern euro countries.

Do they have those big asses?
>nervously-sweating-man.jpeg

asians with big asses are good

You missed the point again.
What is stopping the Nouveau Rich Inheritors from just pissing away their money?

I get that Brazil, like UK, has some education segregation. But even with that, its still not to the level where parents can avoid raising their children.
Raising your child is about a lot more than just feeding, clothing and sending them to school. Its about censuring your behavior, so when they copy you, they have none of your bad habits.

Half the reason the whores children stays poor, is most likely partial abandonment, or they copy all their parents bad habits.
Like no economy, no foresight, no planning.
Houses in permanent state of decay.
Then they grow up, and becomes copies of their parents unless their actively try to resent them.

Most of Japanese immigrants went to SA before WW2.

>What is stopping the Nouveau Rich Inheritors from just pissing away their money?
because we aren't americans m8, those who simply waste away all the money into bullshit will simply be looked upon by everyone as a retard, also we don't have this culture of risking everything into investments or other shit like they do, we mostly do safe investments all the time. Our culture is simply different, rich people here would rather stay in their safe bubble for centuries, like those aristocracy farmers that won't ever sell their territory to invest in industrialization
>Raising your child is about a lot more than just feeding, clothing and sending them to school. Its about censuring your behavior, so when they copy you, they have none of your bad habits.
>Half the reason the whores children stays poor, is most likely partial abandonment, or they copy all their parents bad habits.
Yes and even poor people got that family values here too m8, it's simply just not enough, I mean look at this income inequality here is so high that even working their ass off in a basic public school, up until recently people wouldn't have access to university, and our minimum wage is so low to the point that makes crime attractive as fuck. People here aren't drones, and question every single thing to the point of questioning the system, parents, government and realizing that following the law/trusting the government really doesn't compensate most of the time. The difference is that most immigrants were able to surpass this barrier that most poor people hasn't because they didn't have the mentality of "Oh it's impossible to ascend socially and live like rich people" that is rooted on poor brazilians because of generations of income disparity, and because immigrants were also organized towards breaking the status quo and ascending through entrepreneurship with their families

Then why use the word "income equality" when its just a gigantic segregation via tuition fees?

But as you say
>The difference is that most immigrants were able to surpass this barrier that most poor people hasn't because they didn't have the mentality of "Oh it's impossible to ascend socially and live like rich people"
Thats morals.
Thats how the children is raised.
Those morals are the reason they stay poor, instead of rationing their money to fix all their economical issues.
Opportunism exists in every society, but there is a reason the ghetto kids will stay ghetto kids.

>gigantic segregation via tuition fees?
our universities are free m8, it's just that there aren't enough universities for the number of students and the competition is really high to pass the entrance test to a public university. That is why those that have the best basic education, since our basic education is shit, but our superior education is good, are usually those that study in private schools, recently the government started to reserve half of the universities vacancies into quotas towards public basic school students, and started to invest heavily in education, to the point of sending the best students to student in other countries for a year, but this has literally vanished with the crisis and with Dilma being impeached.
>Thats morals.
Yes but that is in our culture m8, there are tons and I mean tons of immigrants that have also failed and live in the favelas, ascending socially here isn't easy. In the south you will most likely find tons of Germans/Polish descendents living in the favelas m8, as well as Italian descedents in São Paulo. It's just that some people couldn't find an opportunity to ascend and that is all, there is a saying here "I am brazilian and I never give up", what I said was wrong, there are some people that simply can't see themselves being high-strata, but most of them don't actually give up do to it, and the biggest example especially towards poor people is football m8

also that is why crime is so strong here among poor people, because they don't give up and say "I'm shit and will never be someone kill me"

Who nows pabey ther srupid i donnt now why any one wold want to go to brizil even mexicans are above that

>Yes but that is in our culture m8, there are tons and I mean tons of immigrants that have also failed and live in the favelas
What makes you think those immigrants wasn't short sighted white trash?
Its common

>common core b8

6/10 for getting me to post.

because there are tons of good people living in poor conditions that couldn't ascend socially because of how fucked up the system is m8. Saving money doesn't get you nowhere here, since there isn't money to save our minimum wage is literally too low for that, the only way to ascend if you are completely poor devoid of education is through entrepreneurship, and some people actually don't know how to do it and stay in poverty, and since education is shit the next generation stay that way too. One good thing about the Lula/Dilma government is that for the first time they gave hope towards these people to actually ascend, and also made minimum wage higher to a bearable level, also invested heavily in infrastructure for the first time. Now this new government is already selling our oil towards foreign companies and wants to limit our public costs for 20 years, and that includes education/healthcare and other shit

You are still not getting it.
I am living in a society where white trash gets decent jobs trough education, they get kids, and kids either get neglected, or waste all their money like Nouveau Rich.
Then beyond the fact they got a lot of disposable income, their general living conditions is still as shit as when they grew up as white trash kids.

What Brazil will discover, is that even if you fix your economy, a faevela kid will still raise more faevala kids due shit morals.
It just looks prettier because they can get loans for proper houses, proper IKEA furniture, and maybe some brand clothes.
But even if its pretty, it won't change that the parents can now afford to go on trips while partially neglecting their kids.

Even if you go "muh familia", the truth of the matter is that familia is a thing in modern society that either exists out of good moral or necessity. And when people can afford to severe their ties, things can get ugly.

>says a fucking leaf who elected a literal dude weed lmao as their PM
You're just jealous cuz you'll never have a country that is historically relevant or successful as us kek

>I am living in a society where white trash gets decent jobs trough education, they get kids, and kids either get neglected, or waste all their money like Nouveau Rich.
>Then beyond the fact they got a lot of disposable income, their general living conditions is still as shit as when they grew up as white trash kids.
that is the thing m8, your culture is not ours m8, it's totally different. We are a latin country, if someday we become a first world country we will most likely be like Italy/Spain/Portugal m8. People are religious as fuck and traditional as fuck in that aspect, also socialistic as fuck, cause our culture is directly related to the fact of living well and enjoying life, and that is related to the people beside you. People would literally give up a high-pay job or moving to another high-HDI country to stay near their family and friends m8. Yours is more focused in work, prestige and is more susceptable to american individualism than ours, meanwhile ours isn't to the point that Americans call us subhumans, monkeys, publish propaganda everyday saying how shit we are and how we should follow their steps and people literally don't give a fuck. Because people here have faith that those things are right

Because we had a massive Italian immigration in the 19-20th century. We opened our borders hoping for aryans and working people and instead we got hordes of lazy italians that made our country the lazy shithole it is today (not that I can complain though since like 90% of this country I'm partly a descendant of those shitty italians)

They go to Japan to do the shit work the local Japs do not want to do. If you see an ethnic Japanese person homeless in Japan they will be from Brazil or Peru.

By Brazilian standards yes.

>By Brazilian standards yes.
kek what do you think it's our standards?

>Fifth largest economy in the world
>Bigger disparity than in the US

Rich Brs are richer than most "rich" people in other parts because they are rich in one of the largest economies in the world where people are dying on the street by the millions. It's like Indian rich people yeah sure most indians shit on the street but rich indians have the money 200 million people don't have.

But it's pointless explaining it to a burger

So easy to impress a third world Argie. Yo are literally poorer than than Slavs, and claim to be white. If you are white then truly you are the bottom of the barrel.

>it's totally different
No, its not.
Its slightly different.
I agree its Alien to USA, but not to a country which Industrialized between 1930 and 1960.