/Grimes general/

Discuss about the wonderful Claire Boucher aka Grimes.

Video of the day: youtube.com/watch?v=6O9O5vXPa30

Remember the golden rule: be nice to Grimes.

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
youtube.com/watch?v=EKoJI_Q9Shg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ze1ux7GiW_s
twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/756214348536655872
vogue.com/13367177/grimes-art-angels-album-hair-color-purple-beauty-makeup-personal-style/
imgur.com/a/2rRba
youtube.com/watch?v=NeBfM_IFPrQ
electronicbeats.net/self-liberating-an-interview-with-grimes/
loudandquiet.com/2012/03/grimes-interview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

will she ever finish the chain tattoo? or that tattoo on her upper arm?

She's garbage

most overrated musician of this decade so far

incorrect on so many levels.

her music has trifecta meanings, is extremely complex and very very layered, and she does it all herself without any formal training.

she's like a savant, if being a bad girl is a qualifier for "disorder".

(You)

She deserves all the acclaim. You didn't try hard enough to get into her music...

(You)

She's deserves all the acclaim. You didn't try hard enough to get into her music...

I forgot I was on mu the place where people with shit taste congregate to circlejerk over shit artists like Grimes

eyebrowz 4 dayzzz

i could curl up in those bushy caterpillars and take a nap while being soothed by the most excellent darkbloom.

what is your favorite song from darkbloom? mine is Urban Twilight, but I also REALLY like Vanessa.

(You)

She's deserves all the acclaim. You didn't try hard enough to get into her music...

That's right.

GRIMES PROFILE

>Full name:
Claire Elise Boucher

>Born:
17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

>Origin:
Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent

>Instruments:
vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele

>Skills:
Singer, songwriter, producer, sound engineer, lyricist, live performer, visual artist, music video director, dancer, model, virtuoso

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
Grimes - What's In My Bag?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studed neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- had some troubles in the past: drugs, 2 friends died because of overdosing drugs, sexual assault, shitty jobs, the professor who got her into a music program killed himself
- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold

>WAAAAAH!
>PEOPLE LIKE WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>I'M A PETTY PERSON SO IM GOING TO CALL SOME WELL LIKED ART BAD BECAUSE IF I CANT ENJOY IT NOBODY CAN

please stop this behavior at once and get out, you fucking donkey.

it's not even the fact that she's universally loved by critics and adored by the under classes that I'm going to use to tell you why her art is inarguably objectively good.

It's the fact that artists LOVE Grimes. Who is a better judge of art than those who create it? Even the picky trio of the Death Grips loves Grimes. She's Flatlander's waifu, but we don't talk about that. He's constantly trying to impress her with his production, but she's never publicly acknowledged them. It's kind of embarrassing because it kind of also demeans her art, too.

Translated:
>stop liking what I hate

Grow up, dude.

Crystal Ball. Love Urban Twilight & Vanessa too.

>Those echoey "My"s strewn about
Crystal Ball is a choice track. Excellent taste, user.

where do i go to get girthy eyebrows like claire

Thanks. I love the live versions too:
youtube.com/watch?v=EKoJI_Q9Shg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ze1ux7GiW_s

Crystal Ball was the first Grimes song I've ever heard, back in 2011. I didn't like it then...

You have to be born with them.

World Princess Part II music video in September as part of a bigger project with Hana. Surprises to come.

twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/756214348536655872

it's just not fair

i wanna command those fuzzy titans and make all the qt skeleton hipster boys fawn as i waggle them around.

(then get bored with it and complain about how annoying it is on my tumblr, regret my complaints and delete the post)

Her thick eyebrows fit her face. I don't get why some people are complaining about them.

i like thick eyebrows in general. i find eyebrows bordering on thin repulsive.

its the only part of her physical being that i really pay any mind to. everything else i care about is her art and her abilities as a virtuoso/director/artist/artiste

Her eyes are so expressive also because of her eyebrows.

all i can think of now when i see that mid-2012 era grimes is how she lied about being a hacker

it bothers me and makes me wonder about what else she was lying about.

other than her inconsistent stories about her tattoos.

i think she was trying to come off as a bigger person than she actually was, realized that it was the definition of being pretentious and then stopped.

Grimes tried to impress people but didn't realize that she was already impressive. Everyone is lying all the time. Even today you maybe lied at least once.

It sucks to be an artist these days when everything you said in the past could be held against you.

you can always take the death grips approach and never do any interviews and remain a mystery.

i bet claire is super jealous that mc ride and his cronies have attained roughly the same level of popularity and cultural acclaim as grimes with much less pleasant music and much less marketing through interviews/touring/photoshoots.

she probably wishes she was mc ride.

She's outspoken, so she can't keep her mouth shut. Being a real artist, she wants to express herself all the time. I think she regrets some things she said.

If you listen to Crystal Ball while speeding down an empty highway it will make you feel like you're floating with euphoria. Discovered this by accident.

Speaking of highways, I wouldn't listen to Kill V. Maim while driving...

maybe after having a miserable time in high school she's just happy to have a limitless stream of positive attention, but her patience for it wears thin extremely quickly and she ends up frustrated all the time and when she's frustrated she has trouble restraining herself from running her mouth. and then the bad news cycles start, she gets even more frustrated and struggles to dig herself out of the holes she put herself in.

that's my personal theory, but i dont think we will ever understand grimes.

I once cruised through a curvy country lane in the fall during a midday thunderstorm with early grimes playing. I have never been so comfy in my life.

>Is beauty an onstage-only undertaking for you, or is it part of your daily routine?
>Every time I leave the house, I guess I do a little something, at least my eyebrows. I always fill them in. I got this weird, white, organic Halloween makeup that I mix with regular foundation for a pale look, and then I fill in my eyebrows so they’re super contrasty. It’s subtle, though. Like, you can’t tell that I’m wearing clown makeup!
vogue.com/13367177/grimes-art-angels-album-hair-color-purple-beauty-makeup-personal-style/

I dreamt that she flashed her tits on a movie

SCREAM video when?

i dreamt that she grabbed my balls and said my "undercarriage was good"

im not even a waifufag

Fucking kek

Fuck grimes

I would

surely she looked at this and realized how sexually suggestive it is?

it seems counter-intuitive to the anti-sexuality of grimes if claire keeps getting sexy photoshoots.

I mean they are few and far between, but I mean this is just on a whole other level. it's 100% sexual body language, minus maybe the arm? I mean spread legs, ass on the ground, balancing your legs on the heel pillars?

The face she's making is also pretty suggestive

Nonono user not on your parents bed

she said on twitter that world princess pt2 mv is coming september. i think scream is the weakest song on the album so i dont really care if it gets a video. it'd be sweet if she ends up going through with it and having a video for every song, i'd love that.

So gorgeous...

that fire in her eyes gonna turn me into a r9k waifu faggot real fucking quick, holy shit

it's just not fair for someone with so much talent to be this good looking. how are other women even supposed to compete? at this point i've stopped seeing her as a human being and i've started seeing her as a greek goddess.

She's actually a talentless hack though

realiti demo is the #1 best grimes song

What do you think of this one?

Yes the song got 3x worst on the album

Fuck no
It's a different song anyway

i think the album version is good too, but not as good, it lacks the ethereal and dream-like quality that the demo has.

i bought the CD because it has the realiti demo as a bonus track after butterfly. the CD is in this really weird cardboard sleeve that doesn't fit on a rack and is in like a binder shape so you cant put things on top of it, i wouldn't recommend it.

doesn't seem that suggestive to me. she's not presenting her pelvic floor.

if anything it looks like she's nervously asking a question.

I put my Righteous Brothers CD on top of it.

i mean you could have passed the last one off as "sexy" because it didn't look like she was wearing pants, but i see 0 sexiness in this photo at all famalam.

Does she take that box everywhere?

The album version is still great. The ending is better than the ending of the demo.

Does anyone else get the impression that grimes is subvertingly sending them messages through her music

yes, if you look closely you can see she packed both her totoro backpack plushie and james into it

her two favorite objects to snuggle

anons I have 2 finals in the next 10 days and all I'm doing is posting on these generals and listening to music
how can I use my love for claire to motivate myself to study?

sorry, i exaggerated a little. you can put things on top of it but i dont want to because i feel like it's gonna get crushed.

Are her legs beautiful in your opinion?

imgur.com/a/2rRba

reward 15 minutes of work/study with 5 minutes of grimes/Sup Forums?

yes, check out the hidden lyrics at the end of realiti
"the thought of dying makes me happy in a way..."
she's telling us to kill ourselves

So that first picture is objectively the sexiest picture of her?

i'd say get banned, but if you are anything like me, it would probably do jack shit at stopping you from posting on here and you'd just continue browsing.

my suggestion is to take a short break, do 100 jumping jacks, go run 5 miles, come back, take a shower, remind yourself that you need to study and then force yourself to study.

remind yourself constantly to be the person claire would want you to be.

It's really similar to the packaging for A Moon Shaped Pool, which pisses me off because I don't know which one to put on top. The Righteous Brothers always go at the very top, though

< How come this webm never took off? Nobody seems to post it except me.

Possibly. It's near 100% sexually suggestive and she looks like a firebomb in it, which is a powerful combo.

I get mixed feelings when talking about grimes like this. I remember reading that interview where she expressed frustration at the thought of people judging her looks, but at the same time she does all these photo shoots and she is actually really quite beautiful even without photoshop and clown makeup as seen here:

>grimes points at the crowd some and then spins around a little bit before fiddling with her controller

I mean... it's not a BAD webm per say...

She probably doesn't want to be talked about like this, but it's hard not to when she does shoots like that

you cant really see her face. but if it makes you happy, keep posting it.

I often get that a lot from her music I think she wants me to die with her im holding off until I can fjnd the date

I guess I mean she'd know better than to go sticking her stubby nose into Sup Forums, let alone a thread dedicated to her (this is a person who adamantly swears by the rule of "don't read the comments, don't read your own press") in this place. If she can't see it, it can't bother her. No harm, no foul I guess.

>tfw you'll never fade out of existence on the floor of a dark montreal apartment while gripping grimes' hands

but she does come here

It's about the whole robotic choreography.

>die
>find out that there is an afterlife and it consists of spectating the universe
>have access to watching grimes' every move for the rest of her life
Why haven't you done it already, user? Think of all the stuff you're missing out on!

Yeah, that's probably for the better

She actually a talentless hack though?

No she doesn't.

Someone on her management team probably browses the subreddit, though. And I'm almost certain this is where /r/grimes goes to dump their waifufaggotry mostly. Which I can't blame them for, I guess. Sup Forums is great for throwing up all the awful shit you'd be to embarrassed to even tie to a username that could potentially be traced back to you. The only ones who can laugh at you here is Hiroshima and I highly doubt he even browses Sup Forums

cmon dog if you dont like the music and you dont have an argument, just leave, it'll make you happier and it'll make us happier

Anyone that makes music as great as her without formal training must be seriously talented.

...when was there ever any doubt?
youtube.com/watch?v=NeBfM_IFPrQ

I rather spend enternity with her but if its that or living without its a pretty easy decision desu

>I often do my best work when I can be completely absorbed by it. It was the same thing in high school with math. It’s always been about losing myself and losing track of time. I remember meditating on a math problem for over four hours, and only snapping out of it when I had to go to the bathroom. Those were the times when I could really feel the progress. It’s always a good sign to realize that six hours just disappeared. To see how time dissolves can be a powerful experience, and it’s one I miss. Because it’s one thing to talk about stuff and it’s another to actually commit to doing it; to solve a math problem or make music. Not being too self-aware in the process is also really important.
electronicbeats.net/self-liberating-an-interview-with-grimes/

Make of that what you will.

she sounds like she just passed some molten diarrhea on every song

what if grimes was your mom

That's because (you) keep posting it - therefore no one else feels the need.

I posted it fairly later in the threads. If someone would want to post it he would have plenty of time to do it before me.

It's not a big deal, I just wondered by nobody posted the webm. Maybe it's just not good enough...

*I just wondered why

I'm rather fond of this one myself.

Claire boucher? More like elle doit se doucher am I right?

I feel bad for laughing at this.

She looks like the bitch from that John Green book movie

>That unconventional allure is something that Boucher welcomes: “I don’t want to make blatantly sexy records,” she insists. “I mean, I feel prettiest when I’m wearing a trench coat or whatever, because I think it’s all about confidence and intention. For instance, Britney Spears is not attractive, because of the desperation in her life. I find aggression sexy. I think power is sexy. Like, Leeloo in The Fifth Element [Milla Jovovich’s character] is the hottest girl in all of Hollywood, because she’s got power. And what’s the coolest shit that’s happening right now? It’s people making video games, or hackers – the coolest, most attractive people are geeks.”
>So is Boucher a geek? Despite plenty of supporting evidence – the Fifth Element fixation, the naming of her first album, ‘Geidi Primes’, after a planet from the fantasy book Dune, the nights spent hunched over a laptop denying her bodily functions – she denies it when I ask directly. Nonetheless, she acknowledges being in possession of a curious sex appeal, and is circumspect but pragmatic about its use.
>“My femininity is in no way the basis of what I am doing, but I know sex sells, for sure,” she says. “And I definitely have played that card. Sometimes, you’ve got to look in front of you and recognise that there is a way to make things slightly easier, which will lead to a lot faster success.
>“And that doesn’t mean being like, ‘oh, my tits are out’, but it does mean that if someone says do a fashion shoot, you do it, why not? I recognise that that’s not the purest way to look at it, but I just think I am really good, and I want power, and that’s a faster way up the ladder.”
loudandquiet.com/2012/03/grimes-interview/

Being perceived as sexy has never been her issue. It's people's tendency to focus ONLY on sexiness that's her pet peeve.

It's a good webm user. Please don't be upset.

i think im becoming a waifufag because i think i can feel a romantic attraction budding

please kill me

I can change you from a Grimes waifufag to an Anne Franke waifufag in one easy step

Medieval Warfare, next week! Anyone excited about this?

I dont get it her bf is far from this lel

I'm not upset. I was a bit worried that nobody seemed to care about it. I personally like it a lot.

you guys excited for "medieval warfare?" hope it's good.