youtube.com/watch?v=tO1oeKVFlPk
youtube.com/watch?v=b_F84PrPBZU
youtube.com/watch?v=X95Kby19_Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=Hsj9sMDgh-A
youtube.com/watch?v=u5VU8GJcg24
youtube.com/watch?v=przOe5UBHn8&start=717
youtube.com/watch?v=oD9ARfF9x0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for that at least you should know about cinema and i bet you don't even know who Kieslowski or Rene Clair are, so lol at your entry level indie movie shit

i don't give a fuck

he wasn't talking about the best films of all time, he was talking about the best music moments in movies

Dude get over yourself

Le pretentious art house

nice dubs, for me it's either the end of evangelion's ending (Komm susser todd) or the scene in el topo when they see the dead rotting corpse and music is playing, perfectly eerie.

also what movie is that from?

Never seen el topo!

It's from Lost In Translation

Sometimes was used perfectly in that movie

man, El Topo goes out of its way to fuck with you w/r/t sound and music. I think it's half an amazing movie and the other half just falls apart extravagantly

/thread

but anyway
Wes Anderson movies do a good job using music in their films. I'd say
>the yearbook montage in the beginning of Rushmore set to the Creation's Making Time
>These Days used for Margot's bus scene from Royal Tennenbaums. It's also fun how he mirrors that scene towards the end with The Fairest of the Seasons
>Elliott Smith's Needle in the Hay suicide scene. Interesting to note that the suicide attempt is bookmarked by two folk musicians who killed themselves: ES and Nick Drake

I don't know. There are so many wonderful music moments in those first few films he made.

A Small Plot of Land (Bowie) in Basquiat
Space on Space (Boredoms) in Ichi the Killer
...and the fucking opening Star Wars Theme by John Fucking Williams

Unironically this:
youtube.com/watch?v=VeNxh5t5dHg

When they play She Brings the Rain in the record shop in Norwegian Wood. It's how I discovered Can lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=tO1oeKVFlPk

Actually this whole soundtrack is pretty much a "love it"/"hate it" proposition. I fall in the former camp.

from american hustle:
youtube.com/watch?v=b_F84PrPBZU

>i bet you don't even know who Kieslowski or Rene Clair are, so lol at your entry level indie movie shit
reread this and tell me you're proud of this post
thank god i got the KST version of that movie, i think there's an alt american version with some like Celine Dion song or something

youtube.com/watch?v=X95Kby19_Ms

TO me the first half od El Topo was completely dysfunctional and then the second half was beautifully constructed and brought the whole movie together. Do you consider the second half the bad one?

these posts were all made by me btw

I thought the exact opposite. I was completely into the first half and thought the second buckled beneath the weight of trying to end a movie like El Topo. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the movie and I think the second part has some absolutely beautiful and weird parts; I just think the movie is a wonderful flawed mess.

I haven't even seen the movie but I listen to the soundtrack all the fucking time

youtube.com/watch?v=Hsj9sMDgh-A

i'm sure you all know this already

Blue Velvet
Candy Colored Clown - Roy Orbison

youtube.com/watch?v=u5VU8GJcg24

It's construction and execution is flawed in a masterful way yeah, reminded me of something like Faust s/t or TMR or something. the first half is to me just random events going nowhere, and then the second half is just packed with beautiful symbolism and extremely powerful imagery, sort of giving new context to the first half. What do you like about the first half?

...fare thee weeeEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL
oooooooh honey...

kys

The ending of Taste of Cherry where Louis Armstrong comes into the absolute shock of what your seeing, is such a fantastic moment.

this moment is pretty damn great

I thought it was interesting when they played ceremony in sofia copolla's marie antoinette

Schizopolis --- the music playing while Elmo Oxygen goes cruising around

the intro to watchmen with the times they are a changin playing along with the montage

Schizopolis - the Elmo Oxygen music that starts around 11:57 (actually the whole movie is worth watching)

>posting a song from spongebob
>not posting sweet victory

objectively wrong

Star Trek II (the original good one, not the shitty JJ Abrams abortion)
youtube.com/watch?v=oD9ARfF9x0o

The entire score behind the battle in the Mutara Nebula is just fucking epic. James Horner's finest hour imho.

>thread is about the best songs in movie history
>anonA posts a song from a movie
>anonB gives him crap for not posting a song from a tv show

Every moment of Star Wars I-VI with music.

This movie must be weird if you're from Japan.

Sofia Coppola has great taste in music

Why?

that movie has a great, great soundtrack