youtube.com/watch?v=knDfCElChjc
youtube.com/watch?v=fMqR9t4ZYXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>female

Grimes

>Instruments:
Vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele

>Skills:
Singer, songwriter, producer, sound engineer, lyricist, live performer, visual artist, music video director, dancer, model, virtuoso

does anyone here enjoy living?

oblig

me yes

MOVE!

skill =/= talent

That's Grace Jones nigga! She's legendary!

What? Grimes learned all these skills without formal training. She has no idea how to read music sheets, she creates music based on her intuition and creativity. If that isn't pure talent, I don't know what it is.

Hey, how come everybody uses the same arguments for this lady? How much stuff she can do etc. She's not bad, but in terms of matching up to the other legends in this thread she isn't even close.

i have a similar list of credentials but heaven forbid i use that to sell my shit. look for Cold Wastes Hot Hate when it comes out bitch

Why is Nina Hagen never talked about on Sup Forums?

Heyyy I never thought I'd see the day. She got me through my senior year in high school.

>She's not bad, but in terms of matching up to the other legends in this thread she isn't even close.
She's better than all these so called legends ITT. Grimes is too new to be called a legend, but give her 10 more years and you'll see.

Good question actually, never thought about that.

She'll be blown out of the water when I come out and I'm not sorry to say that.

Unless she actually gets better and I hope to see her do that.

>She

Poe has her beat

Kate Bush

nunsexmonkrock is a really great album and should be Sup Forumscore

You were the guy that set up that other thread n got btfo

Just leave you mong

That's not talent, that's skill. Talent is being able to create something good.

It hasn't been 10 years yet, she ain't a legend settle down nigga

jesus christ she is really really good looking

Martha_Argerich.jpg

Trannies are women too !

>Unless she actually gets better and I hope to see her do that.
She's already great. She will be even better in the future, she improves her skills all the time.

in that case Wendy Carlos mops the floor with all these hags except for Martha

Why don't you marry her then, since you're listening with your dick?

I'm not that guy and I wasn't btfo. I copied that from the Grimes thread, nigga.

If you're listening with your dick don't assume everyone else is doing the same. Get it?

extraordinary bait

I'm female you fucking idiot

Not that guy, but why is it bait?

You're listening with your vagina then, cunt.

?????

is that alison moyet?

Not her, but you're the dude who likes a subpar """"""experimental""""" pop artist cause shes hot

You're the dumbass here

actually my bad, thought it was iggy azalulalaya, noticed to it's tori.
still ain't got shit on Martha Argerich tho.

Can't, not lesbian

God bless you for not jumping all over my confession of my gender. Thanks dude.

Maybe, but for a pop artist, she's pretty close. She did get into the Peabody Conservatory when she was only 5 y/o.

[spoiler]I would like to see them piano duet[spoiler]duel[/spoiler][/spoiler]

>Not her, but you're the dude who likes a subpar """"""experimental""""" pop artist cause shes hot
>assuming like a dumbass
You're assuming that I like her because of her image. Could you listen to her image?!

>subpar """"""experimental""""" pop artist
According to whom? Prove it.

Alright, here's a comprehensive list:

We get it, women don't like you.

Then stop making stupid assumptions like:
>Why don't you marry her then, since you're listening with your dick?

Don't behave like a cunt if you don't like to be called a cunt.

Lol

This is the wrong board for you sonny Jim. I think this one would be more to your suiting:

No prob

>Listen to her image
¿Tú hablas ingles?

Anyways, if we go simply on this board, outside of /Grimes/ the unanimous consensus is that she's a rather bad pop artist. Not terrible but pretty bad.

The few Grimes fans I see on here only focus on her image, and the only times they discuss her music is when they're challenged by the rest of the board.

At least J Pop fags dont pretend to like the music.

sometimes

>Listen to her image
It was very intentional. You said that I like her because of her image. But I listen to her music, not her image, you damn moron.

She... just isn't that good dude. You can love her all you want, but you're not going to force us to love her via words. The only way the rest of us are going to like Grimes is if she starts coming out with music we enjoy, and until then you're going to like her stuff on your own. Clearly the world will end if we don't get converted so please keep trying. We sure enjoy it.

I think we've forgotten someone

youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1jyL3cr60

You're just talking out of your ass. I demand a solid evidence. Prove me wrong.

>outside of /Grimes/ the unanimous consensus is that she's a rather bad pop artist. Not terrible but pretty bad.
Seriously? Read any music site you want, go to any music forum you want except Sup Forums, read her album and show reviews, and see what others think about her music. Just do it now.

The burden of proof ain't on me, it's up to you to find stuff that proves people actually enjoy her stuff.

Also, you didn't even address the whole fact that your little fan base is only focused on her image. Mind addressing the multiple shrines to Ms. Boucher in your containment thread

>She... just isn't that good dude. You can love her all you want, but you're not going to force us to love her via words. The only way the rest of us are going to like Grimes is if she starts coming out with music we enjoy, and until then you're going to like her stuff on your own. Clearly the world will end if we don't get converted so please keep trying. We sure enjoy it.
We? Do you have multiple personalities?

Your whole post is a big fallacy. You don't like her music = everyone don't like it = her music is bad. You may be surprised by the fact that her music is hugely appreciated outside of Sup Forums. You're not supposed to like her music, but don't imply her music is bad because of your limited taste.

She's talking about people who aren't Grimes fans. quit trying to have "gotcha" questions dipshit.

Or are you that stupid?

>The burden of proof ain't on me, it's up to you to find stuff that proves people actually enjoy her stuff.
It's on you. You said shit like:
>outside of /Grimes/ the unanimous consensus is that she's a rather bad pop artist. Not terrible but pretty bad.

This is fucking false. How and when did you measure this consensus? Prove it!

Anyway, do your homework. Read her reviews for instance. Look at her stats on FB, Instagram, Twitter. See how many times she featured on music sites. See how many people attend her gigs. See her position on festival lineups. And so on.

>avoiding the main point like a dipshit

Dude, I'm talking on Sup Forums. And even when I browsed through your throughly researched sources, most people think she's just good. Not the second coming of Christ like most people in your rabid fanbase think

So your still not gonna address the image that you people obsess over? The shrines?

We = me and the others in the thread who agree. Many people liking a certain kind of music does not mean it's good. I bet there are artists many people follow which you think are utter crap. Her music is of course hugely appreciated by a bunch of people, as evidenced by the fact that she is successful. That crowd doesn't include me. I do indeed have limited taste - I won't willingly listen to music that makes me unhappy. I fully intend to make a career out of that and will post on Sup Forums when I come out with my internet radio station. It contains profanity in the name, so if any of you all are reading this, look out for it. You may just like it ;)

Here's a link to a fabulously talented female artist called Belinda Carlisle
youtube.com/watch?v=lJASbZD9ePU

Carlisle is cash dude, nice pick

>most people think she's just good.
False. Most of people believe she's amazing. Read even the Youtube comments, usually a real hate cesspoll. I can't count how many times I've seen super positive comments about her. Only half of Sup Forums seem to hate her.

>So your still not gonna address the image that you people obsess over? The shrines?
Surprise, some people are obsessed with her music AND her image/personality. Seriously if you actually listen with an open mind to her discography, watch some interviews and live shows, you may understand why people love her so much.

I'm not going to post a fancy video, just a humble performance with her singing and playing ukulele at the beginning of her career: youtube.com/watch?v=s7rM67NPhZ8

This is what I'm talking about.

Nope. Jewel is better.
youtube.com/watch?v=jwaX3MMQSRs

Grimes' voice will not haunt me in the middle of the day with the sheer beauty, but Jewel's performance of Grey Matter runs through my mind sometimes when I least expect it. That is how I judge good music. I'm not even a fan of Jewel, but something about it won't let me go.

>Nope. Jewel is better.
Technically yes, if we're comparing their string instruments skills. But Grimes expresses so much more emotion. This is what really matters.

The synth based Grimes blows Jewel out of the water. Jewel seems such a typical '90s American singer songwriter...

>Ukelele
That is not a feat unless you're incredible

Fair enough. Different people, different taste.

It's a feat if you're a multi-instrumentalist. It doesn't say anywhere you must be a virtuoso, just to play it decently.

ackshually

>tfw she'll never release a new album in our life time

Pls mariee

pattern girl is based as fuck

who /hype/ here?

There you go.

agreed

This. She's criminally underrated

Yes. Charlotte Hatherley was also a member of the band Ash and played some guitar for Bat For Lashes & KT Tunstall live bands

poor man's Kate Bush

Bonkers

There are a horde of artists who did what Grimes is doing now before she came on the scene, and they did it better. Most of them are just as multitalented, if not more. You cannot deny that their voices carry more emotion either. The day Grimes breaks the mold I will sit up and pay attention, but till then PAY HEED, for you don't know your history. Legends never die, but if Grimes doesn't shape up her name will be dust in a decade.

Poe
youtube.com/watch?v=DomN3gJuVrQ
Jane Child
youtube.com/watch?v=qIP7jdqnnxU
Diamanda Galas
youtube.com/watch?v=gGdRD_3FKhE
Stevie Nicks
youtube.com/watch?v=qJxU_ourLwg

In terms of contemporary artists Feist and Emilie Autumn show more emotion, and more originality
youtube.com/watch?v=knDfCElChjc
youtube.com/watch?v=fMqR9t4ZYXg