2016 sharethread

hey guys, i've been trying to keep up with good releases this year, so ITT i'm going to share some of my 2016 favorites that may be a little lesser known. feel free to share any 2016 music that you like as well. just as a heads up, a lot of it is going to be metal. with that, lets gooooo

nornahetta - the psilocybin tapes
>raw as fuck black metal from the new and booming icelandic black metal scene. fully improvisational with some live tracks at the end. trippy, hallucinogenic aesthetic.

from the bandcamp page: Approx. 80 mins. of uncompromising, intoxicating and radioactive black metal from the northern hemisphere!

sample/download nornahetta.bandcamp.com/album/the-psilocybin-tapes

Other urls found in this thread:

plus100.bandcamp.com/album/acid-arcadia
mega.nz/#F!xloBXRwA!SXNvci_2t3JRF3xLnd6uKw
youtube.com/watch?v=-LrSl0B3vII
mega.nz/#F!EpxwwBSZ!vGyWbc8KKxe5zjyWDTjoxA
nadra.bandcamp.com/
duchessmusic.bandcamp.com/album/lets-all-go-to-the-beach
youtube.com/watch?v=vHZDTGiWOoE)
nadra.bandcamp.com/track/falli-2
youtube.com/watch?v=kgK_qt4R29M
mediafire.com/download/r90yay0zd5ekbmn/Arca_-_Entrañas.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=btnWAwQnBAQ
mg0019.blogspot.cl/2016/03/almyrkvi-pupil-of-searing-maelstrom-ep.html
acrylics.bandcamp.com/album/s-t
youtube.com/watch?v=PZeJcrxg--I
mega.nz/#!0UEkTaKZ!mplXKFi28wG8g0R73XkuA4FIIll98YSnFkNbPRHXrgs
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rW2GpQLQE
mega.nz/#!iUQlHIbQ!PEFkfP0pcf4tmNfbFS3jTIY6TAGlDpCoyKZSF8kn4nk
youtube.com/watch?v=Hs0Yn-A6gD4
mortuusinsomnis-777.blogspot.com/2016/04/uada-devoid-of-light.html
youtube.com/watch?v=w7UDIJ2yKqc
mega.nz/#!YhpBVYYB!RszRSVmTXa1h68h3PG2V5ZzyootMstqYFffkJqLYXks
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/
youtube.com/watch?v=xC9WW8YvZVQ
www50.zippyshare.com/v/yfCxfEIO/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BCWaLx9j9ZA
mortuusinsomnis-777.blogspot.com/2016/05/svartidaui-hideous-silhouettes-of.html
twitter.com/GHE20G0TH1K
youtube.com/watch?v=PsmTDyM6GI0
mega.nz/#F!o4gmBRba!U9jJ_TVJYHfvzcaIv7M7ag
striborg.bandcamp.com/track/act-3-catharsis-now-ceased
mega.nz/#F!Y5J1Aa7R!xYQ7tJ8-vIKhTVkk54_lAg!ZhwkVAKI
murodoclassicrock4.blogspot.com/
pastebin.com/7Syxr4rZ
youtube.com/watch?v=4MKyOQU6EPc
youtube.com/watch?v=ofHMjLfhXqk
www51.zippyshare.com/v/3rsR071A/file.html
grapevine.is/mag/feature/2016/02/05/9944685/
www117.zippyshare.com/v/O8kvID3N/file.html
transcendingfriends.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=E0AEHwiRBAY
youtube.com/watch?v=2ePw6mJRt_Q
discogs.com/Jukka-Nousiainen-Jukka-Nousiainen/release/8167466
youtube.com/watch?v=oqkc-rymF8E
youtube.com/watch?v=jjlMyDr8LNo
mega.nz/#F!L4pUSYwR!T2IJbHjHxkfLVUHJrTzS3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4RP0Cf6wQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iXW8_WxXWFo
mega.nz/#F!w1RxQDBR!_ESvHIrcn5BYQ-3vuo4Vvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

vaperror - acid arcadia
>juke, vapor, breaks, awesome change of direction for vapor trap artist vaperror. much better than mana pool imo. frantic, skittering beats, fun bubbly synthesizers, chaotic and awesome. also very short.

sample: plus100.bandcamp.com/album/acid-arcadia

dl: mega.nz/#F!xloBXRwA!SXNvci_2t3JRF3xLnd6uKw

Trondheim Jazz Orchestra/Kim Myhr/Jenny Hval - In The End His Voice Will Be The Sound Of Paper
>jazz, folk, poetry, experimental, idektbhfam, this is the product of a collaboration between norwegian art pop musician, jenny hval, kim myhr, and the trondheim jazz orchestra. this stuff is really weird, but really pretty at the same time. if you liked jenny hval's apocalypse girl from last year, then check this out

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=-LrSl0B3vII

dl: mega.nz/#F!EpxwwBSZ!vGyWbc8KKxe5zjyWDTjoxA

Hell yeah, I loved mana pool. Didn't think they were still making music

Naðra - Form
>icelandic black metal, more sweet icelandic bm that features epic guitar leads a la power metal, or traditional heavy metal and even segues into a straight up rock and roll segment on the first song.

download/sample: nadra.bandcamp.com/

Duchess- Lets All Go to the Beach!

>weirdo indie rock with a song that just recited all the beaches in Florida. This is not a shill of my own stuff, found this in a Bandcamp thread, loved it immediately

Whoops

duchessmusic.bandcamp.com/album/lets-all-go-to-the-beach

Naðra - Allir vegir til glötunar
>icelandic bm, debut album of Naðra, featuring key members of icelandic bm bands such as Misþyrming and Mannveira among others. more soaring guitar leads and boner-inducing guitar solos (see 5:38 youtube.com/watch?v=vHZDTGiWOoE)

sample/download: nadra.bandcamp.com/track/falli-2

glad you could find something cool. i was very happy with the change of direction, but if you loved mana pool then idk what you'll think of this one

thanks for contributing

Arca - Entrañas
>experimental electronic, you know arca, this is a 20 minute song/mixtape/dj set, it goes hard and has a killer sample from a cocteau twins song

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=kgK_qt4R29M

dl: mediafire.com/download/r90yay0zd5ekbmn/Arca_-_Entrañas.zip

Well mana pool was definitely lacking something, it was essentially just instrumentals. I'm curious to see where he takes it next

almyrkvi - pupil of the searing maelstrom
>icelandic black metal, atmospheric black metal, cosmic/spacey themes, relatively slow-paced black metal with what sounds like goth and post punk influences. clean singing on a couple tracks

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=btnWAwQnBAQ

dl: mg0019.blogspot.cl/2016/03/almyrkvi-pupil-of-searing-maelstrom-ep.html

Acrylics - Acrylics
>punk, post punk, noise, agressive as fuck, these guys kick ass. they kind of remind me of a blend between hardcore punk and no-wave. the last song is amazing

sample/download: acrylics.bandcamp.com/album/s-t

is anyone lurking in here? or should i just stop

I'm lurking. Please continue

okay:)

Dragon Guardian - Ragnarok ~神々の黄昏~
>japanese power metal, weeb metal, epic as hell, harmonized guitar solos, beautiful choruses, extremely melodic and fun

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=PZeJcrxg--I

dl: mega.nz/#!0UEkTaKZ!mplXKFi28wG8g0R73XkuA4FIIll98YSnFkNbPRHXrgs

Mark Pritchard - Under The Sun
>ambient, electronic, classical(ish), interesting left turn from a dubstep artist signed to warp. features a few different singers including thom yorke. sounds like the album cover.
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rW2GpQLQE

dl: mega.nz/#!iUQlHIbQ!PEFkfP0pcf4tmNfbFS3jTIY6TAGlDpCoyKZSF8kn4nk

Thanks, do you have this in FLAC?

okay, if you're going to start one of these, please use the sharethread sticky next time

Uada - Devoid Of Light
>melodic black metal, mixture of mgla and dissection, riffs for days

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=Hs0Yn-A6gD4

dl: mortuusinsomnis-777.blogspot.com/2016/04/uada-devoid-of-light.html

why?

Massive Attack - Ritual Spirit
>trip-hop, first massive attack in 5 years, and they absolutely kill it. this ep is too good to be true. they even bring tricky back for the last song.

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=w7UDIJ2yKqc
download: mega.nz/#!YhpBVYYB!RszRSVmTXa1h68h3PG2V5ZzyootMstqYFffkJqLYXks

i'm going to go eat dinner. if this thread is still alive when i get back i'll share some more. otherwise i hope you guys were able to find something that you like

i think there's a flac link in the archive, but i'm not sure. either way i don't sorry

The sticky (generally like below, but has changed lately) keeps new lurkers and posters in line and aware of how sharethreads operate. If someone walks into a thread demanding shares, they can be shot down because it's outlined at the top of the post to share first, then request. Example:

READ THE PASTA BEFORE POSTING

ETIQUETTE
-Include correct format (artist / band, title of release, year of release, cover art, the file type (v0, 320 mp3, FLAC, etc), short description, YouTube sample, link)
- Send thanks if you have downloaded something to let them know they did a good thing
- Avoid sharing / requesting things that are already on the archive
- Soulseek /rutracker are your friends, too - just don't argue in this thread about it

REQUESTS
>I have a request! Did I...
- Check the archive for a live link before requesting?
- Share something first?
- google "blogspot + artist name + album name"

>I don't have anything to share!
- Have a Goodwill, thrift store or library in your area? Try picking up the most obscure thing you can find there and share it. Somebody might be happy you shared it!

ARCHIVE
>"I don't know how to find what I'm looking for in the archive"
- Go here: >>>>>>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/
- When searching, limit your search to links only, like so: "desired album mega | zippyshare | mediafire"
- Make sure you've typed "zippyshare" and not "zippy", or else Zippyshare links will not be found.
- No samples available on Youtube, Soundcloud, etc? Drag'n'drop any MP3 on clyp.it

it's not, thanks though

Tatsuro Yamashita - Moonglow (2002 Remaster)
>City Pop, Japanese Funk/Ballad.

Sample (1979): youtube.com/watch?v=xC9WW8YvZVQ
Download: www50.zippyshare.com/v/yfCxfEIO/file.html

Requesting:
Ice Cube - Death Certificate

keep it up theres some good finds here that I missed out this year

thanks for this, really feeling this album

okay guys i'm back from dinner. i'll post a few more shares, but i need to upload some things first so hold tight

fair enough

svartidauði - hideous silhouettes of lynched gods
>icelandic black metal, this is an ep from the most well-known and critically acclaimed icelandic black metal band. they play dissonant, deathspell(ish) black metal that's as evil as you could possibly hope for.

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=BCWaLx9j9ZA

dl: mortuusinsomnis-777.blogspot.com/2016/05/svartidaui-hideous-silhouettes-of.html

Rebelution released a great album. Alt reggae-ish.
Sry no link.

you dont understand how these threads work
lurk before posting fag

lsdxoxo - fuck marry kill
>house, hip hop, post-internet, first release from new york label, GHE20G0TH1K, by label-founder, lsdxoxo. these guys seem to be making waves in the local new york rave/club scene. i can see why, because concepts and ideologies aside, this stuff makes you want to move. the label's twitter is pretty interesting, and makes me wish i could go to some of these shows twitter.com/GHE20G0TH1K

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=PsmTDyM6GI0

dl: mega.nz/#F!o4gmBRba!U9jJ_TVJYHfvzcaIv7M7ag

sorry for this, but does anyone have a link for elseq? can't torrent cause i'm on campus for the summer.

striborg - spiritual deprivation
>dark ambient, power electronics, striborg is a one man black metal project from new zealand. sin nanna is the mastermind behind the project, and his music is weird as shit. most people hate it just because of how weird it sounds, but i think he's really interesting, and his approach to composition is one of the most unique in black metal. he says that his main inspiration comes from the natural energy of the misty new zealand forests that he lives amongst. this album is a change of direction for him, as it's an ambient album with one 30 minute long power electronics piece at the end. at the very least, this thing will take you somewhere else.

sample: striborg.bandcamp.com/track/act-3-catharsis-now-ceased

dl: mega.nz/#F!Y5J1Aa7R!xYQ7tJ8-vIKhTVkk54_lAg!ZhwkVAKI

Oh you fucking asshole. Fine. ALLOW ME:

READ THE PASTA BEFORE POSTING

ETIQUETTE
-Include correct format (artist / band, title of release, year of release, cover art, the file type (v0, 320 mp3, FLAC, etc), short description, YouTube sample, link)
- Send thanks if you have downloaded something to let them know they did a good thing
- Avoid sharing / requesting things that are already on the archive
- Soulseek /rutracker are your friends, too - just don't argue in this thread about it

REQUESTS
>I have a request! Did I...
- Check the archive for a live link before requesting?
- Check the pastebin to see if it was in a discography or essentials folder?
- Share something first?
- google "blogspot + artist name + album name"

>I don't have anything to share!
- Have a Goodwill, thrift store or library in your area? Try picking up the most obscure thing you can find there and share it. Somebody might be happy you shared it!

ARCHIVE
>"I don't know how to find what I'm looking for in the archive"
- Go here: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/
-Hope That It Works

-If It Doesn't, Go Here
murodoclassicrock4.blogspot.com/
-password: muro

USEFUL SHARES
pastebin.com/7Syxr4rZ

V119v117v116

>Oh you fucking asshole
>fuck you for sharing music with people on the internet

fuck off. sorry i slightly deviated from your autistic sharethread formula. also we've already been over this in this thread

also, i'd like to point out that you've caused more shitposts by bitching about this, than the shitposts that you're trying to prevent by posting it

This to be honest. No need to be that much of an autismo.

Bumping this request.

bump

I'd hate to sound like a complete pleb, but what are some bands that sound like Schism by Tool?

I'm into prog rock but I'd like to see some prog metal that isn't complete dog shit.

Requesting the deluxe and Japanese editions of Yuck's debut album, if anyone has them laying around. Would greatly appreciate it.

requesting Whitehouse - The Sound of Being Alive

>I'd like to see some prog metal that isn't complete dog shit.
meshugga my man
youtube.com/watch?v=4MKyOQU6EPc

alsothis is supposed to be a 2016 sharethread

see

Do you have Sacanagem by chance? Archive link is dead.

i don't, sorry. but i mean it costs two dollars

Since this seems to now be a general share thread.

Andrew Jackson Jihad - Issue Problems (2006)
>Folk Punk, Anti-Folk. 320 mp3. EP predating the band's most famous release People Who Can Eat People..., contains several demo versions of songs to be release on aforementioned albums consisting of lyrics based in anxiety, humanity, existentialism, and social issues.

Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=ofHMjLfhXqk
Download: www51.zippyshare.com/v/3rsR071A/file.html

Request
Can someone please upload Jazz Mind and Party Jail by Ed Schrader's Music Beat? Links for both do not work on the archive, thank you.

man, i've been to iceland before, and it still blows my mind how they have such a large music scene

yeah iceland kicks ass as far as music goes. if you're interested, here's a really good article about icelandic black metal grapevine.is/mag/feature/2016/02/05/9944685/

Transcending Friends - Love End the Universe (2016)
>ambient, glitch, found in share thread
www117.zippyshare.com/v/O8kvID3N/file.html
transcendingfriends.bandcamp.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=E0AEHwiRBAY
youtube.com/watch?v=2ePw6mJRt_Q

thanks, I'll take a look
what a neat little country

ITT: Shit

This EP got me in to Massive Attack, all 4 tracks are 8/10 or more

what albums have you liked from this year?

None

i bet you're a fun person to be around

You know it.

Shut up you stupid faggot

Also, isn't this thread supposed to be 2016 music? What the fuck are you all doing.

thistbh

>fair enough
no

His apology implies that he does.

Do you like Blue Lines or Mezzanine better?

>one man black metal project from new zealand
>new zealand
You need to take a real good look at yourself buddy

bump

Just downloaded pretty much everything recommended here. Please put me onto some more cool shit senpai

you heard the new aldean?

shits lit. Thanks.

discogs.com/Jukka-Nousiainen-Jukka-Nousiainen/release/8167466

my aoty

¨youtube.com/watch?v=oqkc-rymF8E

its in slsk

My AOTYSF is this, copied straight from the archive

John Zorn - Flaga: The Book Of Angels Volume 27 (2016) [320]
>chamber jazz, modern classical
>For one of the last CDs in the Book of Angels series Zorn has put together an astonishing all-star piano trio featuring three of the most powerful and respected musicians in the jazz/new music scene: Craig Taborn, Christian McBride and Tyshawn Sorey. Diving into eight tunes from Zorn’s mystical Masada project they take off in flights of melodic, rhythmic and harmonic fancy that will make your head spin. Visceral and virtuosic, Flaga is one of the most spontaneous and exciting installments in the Masada catalog.

Sample:
youtube.com/watch?v=jjlMyDr8LNo

mega.nz/#F!L4pUSYwR!T2IJbHjHxkfLVUHJrTzS3Q

My connection must be shit, I can't get past 90%.

I also cannot get past 90%

Track 4 seems to be corrupt or something. I can download everything, except track 4.

Its on Soulseek senpai

Cheers senpai x

thanks for the tip, saw him live the other day. it's hard to find downloads to finnish music (and non-english stuff in general, barring the few hits that manage to break in this anglo-dominant world) and i'm always broke so no money to buy music either.
slsk helps though, anyone requesting stuff itt should download it.

>thanks for the tip, saw him live the other day
Wow, that must've been awesome. I just found out about Nousiainen like couple days ago. I Like Huonoa Seuraa and love his s/t.

Are you Finnish? Can't imagine you not to be.

Requesting Birdcloud - Tetnis

failing that requesting a hand job down a back alley from your mom

pretty much the same things

can't find a download but here's a sample

youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4RP0Cf6wQ

like i would know jukka nousiainen if i wasn't. it was my first time hearing him when i saw him live, though the name was familiar from other stuff

Juuh, oisit kai voinu olla suomenruotsalainen joka eksy keikalle. Onko RYM tunnusta?

White Spot - I Had The Best For A Little While (2016) [320]

>Noise Rock, Post-Punk

Sample:
youtube.com/watch?v=iXW8_WxXWFo

mega.nz/#F!w1RxQDBR!_ESvHIrcn5BYQ-3vuo4Vvg

eioo, lastfm vaan

all share threads are general share threads what are you on about?