Would the Wall be better as a single disc album?

Would the Wall be better as a single disc album?

No. People say this about every double album but I find myself disagreeing every time. I love bloat, I love overflowing creativity. I think it's always a good thing.

Nah. Its almost overbearing as is, which is kind of an endearing quality about it.

The Wall is pretty much 40% filler and 60% emotionally great music, so I agree that it would be better as a single-disc.

What would be your track list then?

No, because it would still be whiny overblown poprock garbage. It would be better a non-existent album.

oh fuck off m8

bump

No, if anything they should have let Rodge make it the 4-disc album it was meant to be.

I know this album isn't very well liked here, but I enjoy it. With the exception of don't leave me now, Vera and bring the boys back home, I think they're pretty solid tracks. I think as a concept, the first disc could have been its own album, but the second one not so much. That said, I still think it's great as a two disc. It would have been better if they found a way to leave in what shall we do now.

this

no u

diddo

fucking this

don't leave me now is such a great track :\

the wall is better as a movie than as an album desu

I don't know, man. I guess it's just me. It seems slow and musically not very impressive.

The same dude who turned me onto Rush was like "dude, if you want a kick ass album check out The Wall"
I really didnt like it though, he mentioned that the best way to listen to it is when you're in a really low and sad point of your life.

What am I missing, Sup Forums? I really enjoyed Wish you were Here but should I give The Wall a deeper analysis/listen to it when I'm miserable?

watch the movie

The Wall would be better if it were just an hour long "The Trial"

but then I realized that would just be Tom Waits

Not sure about single disk but it could really be trimmed.

This desu. The filler tracks worked far better there.