clyp.it/rjx1h4nq
clyp.it/4xmsxusq
youtube.com/watch?v=YSh-YsyjpXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>go on youtube
>literally every guitar player is ugly or fat or just weird in general
its putting me off desu

Wait until you have to deal with them irl

Also, is there an offset guitar without having a convoluted mess of spaghetti of electronics that still retains a floating tremolo? Kinda like an offset Tele with a floating bridge/tremolo?

>kyuss's guitar sound is not a fuck load of distortion, its distortion played really loud through bass cabinets
can kinda re-affirm that
I had an old 80s Roland Cube amp made for Keyboards and Basses for several months. Holy fuck that thing had some ridiculous amount of low-end.

hello fuckers how do you like my guitar playing in my first film clip? I play guitar and sing. I can accept hand jobs from any groupies here

youtu.be/qkLN-8Rs3gs

Is this satire? I'm honestly asking. I don't understand blatantly copying everything about him.

i posted this question yesterday but i couldnt come to a conclusion

i want to play an instrument because im a lonely fuck and i want to groove out

i wanted to learn bass guitar however i told 1 person and they said whats the point when its basically just a background noise and you need to be with someone else, also they said its better to learn 6 strings before bass. i just want to sit in my bedroom and hit some nice low tunes while having fun with it, should i still just get an electric guitar? because i dont want to get one just for the sole purpose of learning it before bass. also i think learning bass first and quicker will allow me to find some friends and get into a band

no friend we just happen to have a lot of similarities on us. I have always dressed and looked like this

w-why would i have to deal with them irl

I think this channel's bretty gud. Great camerawork desu

youtube.com/watch?v=_0RWKMSZzn4

>playguitar it;ll get you laid

lmao

How does /gg/ feel about built in tuners?

One word

Primus

>tfw you realize you play guitar
>you're one of them

y-you can play guitar without being a "guitar guy" right?

Should I get this action lowered? What would it typically cost?

and at the first fret

Only if you're really good and don't play metal

As long as you don't play the same sub-par blues licks like in pedal reviews and give half assed guitar lessons you're good to go.

you could lower it, check how much relief it has first

is this good enough?
vocaroo.com/i/s0FKI1r0Dzb0

old-man folk is always a pass, user.

Not bad but you need to slow down, you're rushing it. Practice with a metronome more

To the user asking about the Jag, Gemini and Sidejack, I love Eastwood but they're made in China. Cool guitars and sound nice but they'll need a good setup to play well. Personally I have my sights set on this Twin Tone of my Axl Bel Air sells. As you can tell I'm huge Link Wray 50s Rock fan. As for your choices i say go with Eastwood and one up the indie rock memers with their offsets. The Gemini looks like it's screaming for attention and it's too gaudy over great. Go with the Sidejack, it's got that Mosrite shape that I love. (unfortunately doesn't sound like one though if that's what you're looking for)
But by these guitars I'm guessing your budget is around $400 and you should give a vintage Japanese copy guitar a try like Greco, Univox, Teisco, Morales, Ibanez, Tokai, and Fernandes

Don't forget Kyuss plays in C standard.

Who finger picker here? How long did it take you to learn?

5 minutes

>mfw when I missed the SG edition

Considering importing Japanese guitars and basses and setting up/modifying and selling them.

I started as a classical player 9 years ago but fell out/moved to electric shortly after

I recently picked it back up again a month and a half ago when I got a used classical off CL. Just practice your right hand and do exercises, it's fun and actually not as hard as you might think

clyp I recorded last week (I think?): clyp.it/rjx1h4nq

if you somehow managed to get your hands on one of those Greco Rickenbacker 4001 clones, I would definitely buy it

Do you play an SG? I rather like SG's, I was going to purchase an SG Standard until I came across this LP heavily discounted because it was a 2013 model, plays like a dream.

holy fuck i think we have the exact same classical, what is yours?

is the second guy Steve Albini's guido cousin

user almost every classical looks exactly like that

>tfw small hands

>mfw I didn't

It's a Yamaha CG-101, I got it with a nice case for $65

this to be honest

I can't tell the difference between a $2000 classical and the one I have

Let's start a business Mustang-bro, I'm actually curious I buy and flip alot and ive been wanting to invest in more inventory that can sell well. Mustangs have been flying off the online market recently, I remember last fall you could buy a Japanese Mustang reissue for $450 and now it's around $600.
What type of profit would be made per guitar?

I do play an SG. Kind of an SG fan boy, but I am really hankering for a nice Les Paul.

Fuck I always post the one I edit

Don't you have an aria lp? Are aria guitars any good?

>now it's around $600.

Fender Japan is dead that's why

I don't think Mustang Reissues are being made anymore. The only Mustangs currently in production are the neutered US-made ones.

Not him but the MIJ Aria guitars are amazing.

I do have an Aria LP. I would say that they are probably normally a good bang for your buck, but mine is a real rough one. Got some bad water damage back in the mid '80s, electronics have always been a little fucky on it, and the frets could use some work. I've just got it setup for Open G playing and it does fine for that.

I see your beck pages user.

Is it better to play shitty bars/clubs on Friday or on Saturday?

There's a Chinese roc enacted being sold for $300 the sonic blue is giving me a sonic boner. I tried to link but Sup Forums thinks it's spam

Fresh SG OC. Don't even ask about the far left Epi Junior. It was a pawnshop purchase (like the other two black SGs) that was meant to be used for a couple of parts, but didn't have the heart to dismantle it.

That's because it is spam. Chickenricks, especially $300 ones, always sound like hot garbage. If you want a copyright infringing instrument, at least spring $500-$800 to get a custom that actually sounds decent/good/better. Don't waste your money on a sub-par instrument just because it looks like it costs 2k.

dont even bother

Friday
Source: I work at a shitty bar

They're being stopped? Holy shit, I never realized that I always thought they were in charge of full Mustang production with those exclusive colors like Mexico has with Classic players and Pawn Shop specials. Aren't they being reissued in Mexico or USA now? I remember at NAMM they unveiled a few Duo Sonics and Mustangs in new colors like olive green, Capri Orange, Fiesta red with P90s and a sonic blue PJ mustang bass. But you're right the American shitboard ones are horrendous. I wanted them to plummet to at least $600-800 so I can easily refinish to Daphne blue and put those Hyperphonic vintage Japanese P90s in them
Yep I binged on the show and manga while waiting for the Beckstang to ship, I felt as I wouldn't deserve it if I didn't indulge in the anime

Bridge pickup is in the wrong place. Fatally too close to the bridge. No matter what you do to it it won't sound right. Looks beautiful though. God damn, I want to make a ric body for my jazz bass or something.

I'm going to finally get an strandberg now that they have them available in purple

They come stock with black emg 707x pickups, but I plan on getting white 707x pickups for muh aesthetics

The pickups are like 120, am I making a mistake getting the same pickups? What other pickups are good at that price?

Things I'm looking for
>White
>Something I can play prog metal/prog djent
>No exposed polepiece slugs ( I don't like em desu)

Yeah, Fender Japan's website is now just the US website translated. They used to have their own layout and content (they even had a blogpost about K-On). "Fender Japan" is now just a distributor for MIM/MIA guitars in Japan.

Small batches of "Japan Exclusive Series" guitars were being made during the dissolution FJ last year. I think they're just getting rid of stock at this point.

The greconbackers are pretty awesome clones.

Do you want actives? There are less choices then, mostly EMG and SD Blackouts.

If you like passive you can have your pick of basically anything under BKP at that price per pickup. Also consider soapbar route passives but keep in mind you'll need to add ground under the bridge and potentially drill a bit if you are going the passive route on a Strandberg with active electronics.

It would help to know what kinds of music you are into. My advice is to leave the stock pickups in while you get acquainted and if you like them get the white versions and sell the stock, and if you don't like them then take that knowledge and decide on what you would rather have.

>Pop Punk Revival

Why? Worst genre ever.

i mean youre buying a purple guitar. go ahead and go all out if you like the white; maybe salvage the old ones as backups/replacements in a different guitar?

i dont mean to be a dick about it being purple but i just.... that doesnt make sense to me. dont you guys find most neon/"metal"/"classic rock" colors to be super gaudy? hell to me i dont even get pointy horns on a guitar. but you do you man.

>having problems with neon pink super strats

get a load of this faggot

Will Sup Forums judge me for having 2 extra strings?

Around these parts you could make 150 - 400 profit on Japanese fenders and 100 - 250 on other off brand Japanese depending on the model and condition.

Stop spreading this falsity, Fender's contract ended with Dyna Gakki and another factory but they are still producing Japanese Domestic Market Fenders of their own accord.

Very much so.

Those are more ergonomic than pointy. If you've ever played a strandberg in classical position the shape sort of melts away, it is super comfy.

And that purple isn't overbearing or gaudy like a metallic finish.

Are the Martin X series guitars worth the money? Been looking at the solid HPL one they have for $750. I've heard nothing but good things about them but I want to know if anyone here has experience with them or maybe even a sound sample.

do you guys talk about banjo here?

any recommendations for shopping for one?

whats the weight like then? is that why the whole bottom of the guitar is missing past the bridge?

Ok, what about just 1 extra?

Post some djent demos please

They are extremely light, like picking up nothing. The body is not only small but it is chambered.

I also am the poster of the other headless guitars (also chambered). My 8 string is something like 6lbs, the strandberg is even lighter around 5lbs or so.

Here's a clip played on one. It was recorded on an iPhone but it gets the point across. I'm not sure the exact model but the guy posts here pretty often. From the pics he has posted he seems to have an all black one like the one you're looking at. I think it sounds really good but I'd be a little wary of paying near premium prices for an entirely laminate guitar

clyp.it/4xmsxusq

Also the cut behind the bridge is to access the tuners.

a few more questions since you seem serious and not retarded like
is this the guitar oneohtrix uses? saw him at p4k this year and he had a dude doing some crazy shit on a weird looking guitar. and why not just go bodyless too? like why even have that half thing going there?

i dont know if im enjoying that because its blackbird or because of the guitar but either way i really liked that.

I'm not familiar with that artist, I tried googling but I can't find any clear shots of his guitar. If you have a pic I can probably tell you what it is. Headless is a style that more and more manufacturers have come into recently but there still aren't very many.

As far as not going bodyless, I guess it is still a tone thing, but also a matter of comfort for the player perhaps. It also comes down to the fact that while being ergonomic they maybe don't want to go too extreme since people still like pretty tops or woodgrain, etc. A "silent" guitar and the like are pretty extreme for instance and headless already has trouble selling units compared to the bread and butter sales of the companies that make these.

Lookup the Teuffel Birdfish for something along those lines... very expensive.

Sorry user, I don't have any djemos.

>tfw somebody reposts your shitty playing

Shiiiiieeettt senpai. Really the guitar does sound great, I'd stick with the lifespan strings it comes strung with. I tried a few others such as the Martin retros in light gauge along with some Elixir's and I really like the sound of the Lifespan strings the most. I will say that the Martin Eric Clapton Signature strings sounded really fucking nice on there too though.
Thanks man. It's some pretty shit tier rushed playing on my part but I'm glad you enjoyed it

Based on the pictures I can find in searches where I can only see the nut/end of the fretboard the string slots look like they would be steinberger hardware, which means it is likely a steinberger or a carvin headless holdsworth.

Some articles suggest that it is a steinberger.

>there are people in this thread that pay money to let their guitar get set up for them..

>there are people on this board who think they can do a better job than a luthier who has worked on guitars full time for 10+ years.

Unless you just mean basic maintenance then I agree. For electrical or nut/fret adjustments I'll bring it to someone because I can't be arsed.

Just learned the fastest solo ive ever tried to learn. Its got sweeps and taps and it sounds clean too. Feels gud man.

>tfw your first guitar was an epiphone sg bully
>tfw you sold your first guitar

>tfw I can do as good a job as a luthier who's spent 10+ years working on guitars
Feels good man. Y'all should see this fretwork. Just don't ask me to reset a neck or something.

The optional LACE pickups are better.

My first guitars were a First Act that I scrapped for parts after rebuilding it twice and taking it apart because of how much of a piece of shit it was and a Squier Bullet HSS Strat that was just as bad but the stratocaster look polished the turd enough to sell for $65

vocaroo it

I have a friend who's first guitar was a "slammer" which was the cheapo brand from hammer at the time. He still has it to this day and the pickups are falling out basically but he thinks it is hillarious and he will rip an insane solo and then shake the guitar so the pickups bounce off the strings.

It's so shit that it's fun to play, and knowing where he came from is pretty humbling. Even if you don't own your first, it is always good to never forget!

>tfw you sold your first guitar
Absolutely degenerate, feller.

I believe me man I know, I haven't touch any high quality electric guitar so wen I got my first act with sharp fret ends, port inotation, shitty humming pickups and off balanced saddles I thought that's how guitars were supposed to be and people saying it will hurt until I developed callouses I didn't think much and I expected and endured the pain on that shitty first act. I then saved enough money and bought myself a Squier VM surf Strat and it was the nicest thing I ever played. Bought it immediately. I've become more of a gear snob now so many parts are upgraded from the stock Squier. But it's nice to see the shifty first act missing parts like washers, pickup screws and bridge saddle screws sitting mutilated in the corner for all the pain it caused when i was 12

first guitar never leaves your side, even when the headstock pops off

oh hi, didn't even see this post. I found a good deal on an eastwood phase 4. I'll more than likely pull the trigger on it. appreciate the advice & feedback!

anyone here a bunch of midnight corner creeps?

>snapped index finger at work
>at least a month to two months until I can play comfortably again

Just kill me now

just sold my squier mustang and ordered a classic vibe duo sonic (both for $225 fortunately) bc i didn't like the tremelo/switches. am i going to have to use big strings with this one, too? i've always like teles so i assume the 3-saddle setup won't be an issue.

Speaking of amps, does anybody know of a (preferably solid-state) amp (read: not modeling) that isn't either a tiny paperweight that sounds horrible or a fuckheug box that would be impractical to keep in a bedroom studio?

also, why are the speakers for low-powered amps so fucking tiny?

Now is perfect time to learn to play a dong-solo.

is this thing a meme?

>thought I was good at guitar
>try to play link related
>cant even play it a quarter through
>realise that i cant travis pick
>realise i cant fingerpick despite it being my main playing style
youtube.com/watch?v=YSh-YsyjpXk

Anyone else have these feels?

damn thats a gay song

its gay but its very hard

like me rn

Ohh you're in for a treat, the neck scale is 22.75 WAYYY shorter than it needs to be, you'll be needing at least 11s, the duo sonic is nothing like a Tele it's more of a honky/quacky like a Strat. You'll see a lot of people demoing these with funk or ska riffs because of it.

For a basic setup? You realise that most luthiers just work towards set heights and numbers right? Which are all over the internet. Sure if I have a major fretting issue i'll get it to a luthier but for basic shit like truss rod tightness, action and intonation you have to be literally retarded to pay money..

This particular model is 24" like Mustangs. And I just meant that I like tele bridges and these at least look similar. I like the Mustang/Duo sound a lot, especially through my Minifooger Drive.