/daily/ - "ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ" edition

We're all going to live prosperous lives with loving people, so this all matters.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, do tourneys (unless if you're Jangle, in which case they will crash and burn), post memes, don't talk about music, argue about opinions, fight with other generals, just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>topsters that works all/most of the time

topsters.net/
>apparently run by a chimpanzee asleep in the server room

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>play music or overlong and unfunny meme videos with avatars that crawled out of the uncanny valley

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>hipster plug

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our secret Skype group. Nobody will tell you anything, but it's fun to try.

Most importantly, have fun?

Previously, on /daily/: (hmm)

Other urls found in this thread:

nichardixon.bandcamp.com/album/south-to-south-bend-and-5-miles-to-niles
m.imgur.com/a/ZxEtT
youtube.com/watch?v=um1S0bGb1fM
youtube.com/watch?v=E0AEHwiRBAY
youtube.com/watch?v=tG7Q2_hknO0
youtube.com/watch?v=2GTInvhHTu0
bookzz.org/book/964083/d0b418
youtube.com/watch?v=6og3CfiydlA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SUMMONING WEENER AND CO
MEME

wow nice meme buddy

DELET THIS

OFFICIAL B& LIST (add as more go down)
Jangle
Bear
Yamir
Misha

memegame 3hunna

>Everyone's banned

Music for this feel?

Even Oxen - Arrayed Above the Seraphim Lights

>tfw not on this list

You faggots literally killed /rym/.

hello /daily/, I am proud to be back!
Sorry I was gone for so long.

Has everyone heard my new album? What do you all think?

nichardixon.bandcamp.com/album/south-to-south-bend-and-5-miles-to-niles

Also what are some good baroque pop albums with strings in them?

Good.

Delete /daily/.
Ban /daily/ posters.

YMO - Technodelic (1981)
>synthpop, electropop

YMO are awesome, goddamn. This album is a little spotty, sometimes the new wave influences get on my nerves, and it's just a /bit/ repetitive, but despite these nitpicks weighing down the album a bit, this is mostly awesome. It's a lot grimier than previous YMO efforts, the synths are dirtier and harder-hitting and the use of sampling takes the album is a more progressive, soundscaping direction that's really cool. They basically invent techno here, with songs like "Neue Tanz" and "Key" serving as a precursor to the driving, repetitive rhythms of the genre, and being awesome in their own right. A few songs do miss their mark, like "Stairs" and "Gradated Grey", but the songs that hit hit hard, and overall make the album a really good listen.

3.0+

Olga Bell - Tempo (2016)
>electropop, glitch pop, art pop

The production here is immaculate, when the beats lock into whatever groove they're going for it pops and sounds great. What's lacking is the songwriting. While the production may be done exceptionally well, the beats and the songs themselves are totally aimless, they have no direction, and not entirely in a good way. Still, I'm surprised by how much I liked this, especially since Bell is so often named in the same breath as artists I don't care for like Holly Herndon. While it's totally aimless and the lyrics are totally daft, I still can't deny how amazing the production is, and I certainly do like the album a decent bit because of that.

2.5-

haven't listened to it in full, but the songs I've checked out are pretty! I like the piano playing but I'm not 100% on board with your voice.

also for the baroque pop:
Montage - Montage
Nilsson - Aerial Ballet
Nilsson - Nilsson Sings Newman
Parenthetical Girls - Entanglements
Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood - Nancy & Lee
Scott Walker - Scott 2

"I think im in love"

nice doggo

Les Sculpteurs de vinyl - Memory & Money (1997)
>turntable music

Starts off a bit disjointed and in that "switching through 1000 radio stations super fast" style of plunderphonics (a la John Oswald) that I don't care for too much, but at some point about a third of the way through it starts getting /really/ good. The use of sampling here is second to none, I can recognize a song they sampled here yet it's completely transformed and mutilated to a point where it stops being it's own song, it's just another component in these pieces. Very rarely it just becomes too much and sounds like sample salad, but when everything just comes together it's incredible to listen to. "Defacement of Memory" is amazing.

3.0+

who is this qt pupper

Why did Bear get banned anyway?

Will add to my /daily/ music listening chart
Fine score. Also, I read your Sugar Babe thing and I have to disagree. To me, Songs is the only city pop album I've heard that is all killer, no filler. But I guess, one man's killer is another man's filler so whatever.

i do have to concede that the closer on that album is a fucking amazing pop song, the rest just really didn't appeal to me all too much.

Dynamic IP hit a banned address. It happens.

Sugar isn't even my favorite song off the album but alright then.
Ah. He'll be free soon then right?

Bear did nothing wrong.

Dicks out for Bear.

It depends. If he just has the dynamic IP from a stubborn ban evader, he'll be fine. If it's a CP poster or notorious shitposter, he might have some trouble.

>Dicks out for Bear.
harambe and bear

this year is a cruel mistress

>If it's a CP poster
if it turns out that bear is a chronic CP poster without his trip i'd probably kill myself tbqh

>Also what are some good baroque pop albums with strings in them?
randy newman- good old boys

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but there was no noise general and I didnt want to make a new thread

I'm not sure if im crazy, but I vaguely remember seeing an album on Sup Forums some time ago and it was something along the lines of being a field recording. I want to say that it had coordinates of some sort in the title, and the cover was snowy. Am i crazy or is this a thing?

Post bear faces to show your solidarity with Bear

ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ

#I'mWithBear

pls be ok Bear
ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ

ʕB^)ʔ

In honor of our vanquished comrade, I listened to Even Oxen finally.

It's good.

There's something wrong with that bear.

Wait you haven't heard the Köln concert? Get around it as soon as possible.
ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ

It's a completely normal bear.

Improved.

So fucking glad /rym/ is dead, lmao.

really?
It's not how I actually sing. My voice normally is a huge strong suit for me outdoing my piano skills by massive amounts.

I guess I do better with more poppy songs

ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ

ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ

ʕ·ᴥ· ʔ

ʅʕ•ᴥ•ʔʃ

ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ

For Jangle:

^(oo)^

mfw no one posted nothing when I was banned

I approve of this

What's a Vinter-approved emoticon I can use for future reference?

( '_>')

Noted.

>summer without you is as cold as winter
>vinter without you is even colder
>mfw ( '_>')

listening to more, I think they're a lot better in the second half. the first few tracks i think you're doing vocal acrobatics a bit out of your comfort zone. when the music suits your vocals they're actually /really/ pretty. definitely get a soofy vibe.

I don't know why I thought this was a good idea. I can't even make it spin fast enough.

goes well with this delroy edwards ep

Hi, how are you?
Listening to Getz / Gilberto and drinking coffee now. Weather's great and I think that today's going to be a good day.

why aren't you banned jabroni?

I restarted my phone! Back to the usual now. I wanted to ask you about that Beat Happening album btw. Was it the one where he says
>GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME GIVE IT TO ME
?¿

yes, the track is "I love you"

Triggered.

Post yfw Bear made up everything just to get our attention

see

"triggered"

Lol abunch of you fags got banned for shitting up rym

rip Misha

I will listen to Red House Painters in memory of you

So did most of /rym/. It was kind of pleasant until they all realized they could go into airplane mode/restart their router.

Yeah and you tards can't figure that out

You're a really cool guy and your dick is very very big.

what actually happened?

mods got sick of rymemes malicious memery

/rym/ got purged (everyone posting was b&) and unfortunately some of our comrades were posting ITT.

at least that's what I think

I've heard this album before but i'm only realising now how amazing it is. Probably a 9 or 10. It bridges the gap between 50s/60s rock and roll and the hard rock of the Stooges and TVU perfectly. I love the imperfection of the recording techniques as well, has a slightly lo-fi feel sometimes. Far ahead of its time

sheesh, that's pretty harsh.

Proof:
the drums in "Money"
the vocals in "Do You Love Me"
the guitar in "Walkin' the Dog"
Boss Hoss's intro sounds reminiscent of WL/WH era TVU

I nearly screamed when I realized I was only 8 discs into this comp. I might just take a break. And I just realized how asinine it is rating each individual disc with the little amounts of variation going on here. I'll let you all know...

agreed

>ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ

>cassette demo #1
p. shit
>cassette demo #2
good/decent, can tell they have potential.

blog out

no sleep till Brooklyn, you better give it a 10 you fucking poser

Welcome to the scary world of Walmart Cantopop Boxsets. Normally reserved for Asian grandmas, but have found a second life as avant-teen bait.

>Volume 10: Hatred -DJ Sound

There are only a few rap records that I enjoy and this is not one of them. It's not bad, it's just me. Probably if you like gangsta rap you will enjoy this disc too.

4/10

What next?

le babyface

I'm going to try and sleep now so I'll be missing the get of a lifetime. I know you can do it /daily/

G'unit

It's gonna be K-pop. The thread will 404 before people get time to react.

Screencap this.

Last time they didn't get it tho

>66655555 got

If I get kpop and metal are banned forever

REEEEEEE

very nice attempt

This is the worst get in history

if isn't /daily/ I don't know what I'll do

Who killed daily?

I did. Delete /daily/, ban /daily/ posters.

> Tilt - Arti E Mestieri

Good Italian jazz rock, the album is fun to listen and the musicians are talented. Too bad it doesn't have any woah moments and it's quite anonymous. A lot of Italian prog/jazz groups of the time did the same thing but better.

6.5/10

What next?

m.imgur.com/a/ZxEtT

Either Roforofo Night or The Survivor's Suite

life has been better lately, been listening to these

youtube.com/watch?v=um1S0bGb1fM
youtube.com/watch?v=E0AEHwiRBAY
youtube.com/watch?v=tG7Q2_hknO0
youtube.com/watch?v=2GTInvhHTu0

please
end my suffering

Just finished listening to
>Michel Redolfi - Sonic Waters
>electroacoustic, ambient

That was a nice trip. It retains a clear cinematic atmosphere throughout the whole album, and the electronic manipulation of the instruments is really something (the harp at the end of the second track is really something). Probably the only thing that keeps me from rating it higher is that after a while the instruments' range feels a bit limited and that's a pity when thinking it has been composed mainly on Synclavier. A good album for people who love deep sea documentaries and muffled Popol Vuh.

7,5/10

yo guys,
i'm translating that T.S. Eliot essay on Dante here
what should I listen to?

I tried Rite of Spring, but shit's way too intense for me right now

La Monte Young - The Well Tuned Piano

something chill like SAW Vol II or Campfire Songs

Is it controversial to think Spirit of Eden is better than Laughing Stock?

That's a good idea. I'm really into Glenn Branca and I've never listened to Monte Young, so I guess now is the time to broaden my horizons.
will queue it in the playlist, thanks.

I think that's actually the slightly more common opinion, but it's also wrong.

As long as you acknowledge that they're both masterpieces it's fine.

oooh, upload pls, would like very much (unless it's for an academic thingy)
anyway
Sepultura - Dante XXI
or if you aren't into that, a Faust opera

Eliot's way of writing (at least in prose) isn't anything highbrow and the essay is a nice introduction to the Comedy.

i god unbanned :(

let's kill /daily/ next

>Has everyone heard my new album?
not everyone, but i heard a song or two. kinda sounds like early jordaan mason recordings, which isn't very good but i feel you could have some potential inside of you.

i didn't, i actually haven't even gone to an rym thread
me it was because dynamic IP

Doopees - Doopee Time
Hmmmmm.... gonna need to revisit this one, for now a 7, probably will go up
Really liked the sincerity here, has some, close hitting assertions about love there. Also like the fact that it's able to turn the finger upon itself and point out it's cliches (like the bit about the girl crying to Chopin).
was not expecting a radio-opera can say that much

Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me
this was kinda bad man, maybe 5 years ago would have loved the shit out of it, because it's a bit like Blink 182 meets Dream Theater meets American Football, and that's all the criticism you need really, don't you?
It's over-produced and melodramatic

what now

you've got potential kid, just get piano lessons and study the works of bach

>fall asleep at 6 am
>wake up at 1 pm
so this is what my life has come to
also music

youtube.com/watch?v=6og3CfiydlA
i'm hype
who also hype

>Fall asleep at 6AM
>Wake up at 9AM
>Go to gym at 10AM and feel like dying.
im awake by the sheer power of caffeine and sugar

gonna listen to some finnish spurdo sparde death metal to keep me from falling asleep