Why they don't reunite?

Why they don't reunite?
They would be stronger

Together we are stronger Polen.

All Slovaks moved here already anyway, so the land are doesn't really matter

this, it's time our Slovak friends welcome their new overlords :^)

You're right that geopolitically we would be stronger together, but I think we're better off this way.

This is pretty much the first time in our history that we're independent and Slovaks proved to themselves that we can handle it on their own.

After some initial troubles with authoriarianism in the 90s, we were able to establish credible democracy, get functioning economy and join the EU and NATO.

We used to be much poorer than Czechia when we were in the federation and and today we're almost on par with them.

We would never know whether we could pull it off or not without trying.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

for what purpose
no one would attack them
If they want to split, why the fuck no.

S O V E R E I G N

N A T I O N

Why are Slavic countries so fragile?

Most people didn't want to split in 1993. Prime ministers of both republics just sat down in a nice villa in Brno and agreed to it. There was no referendum.

This was preceded by a long constitutional dead-lock, election with bad outcome for the common state, Slovak parliament declairing sovereignty, resignation of president etc.

Nowadays, most people in both countries are glad it happened.

>St. Germain

Austrian and Bavarian conservatives bank-rolled Slovak nationalists.

They wanted to see Czechoslovakia gone. It made you more powerful in the region.

It's different because it was a multi-ethnic state, and even then it was dissolved only after a world war.

feels good mang

Same with Yugoslavia.

Germany and Austria (and Vatican) were the first countries that recognized independent Slovenia and Croatia (both countries are Catholic).

Dienstbier, Czechoslovak minister of foreign affairs, wanted to organize an international conference that would delineate borders and ensure protection of minorities. He was rejected by Austria and Germany.

>Nowadays, most people in both countries are glad it happened.
fucking implying

If Czechoslovakia wasn't dissolved today, would it be better or worse?
- Better
- Worse
- Same
- Dunno

Did I understand it right?

Well, it's an objective fact that Slovak economy is much better than how it was in the 90s.

Slovakia specialized on heavy industry and transformation to market economy hit us harder than Czechia.

I mean, we were able to get from somewhere around 60% to 90% of Czech GDP per capit since we gained independence.

I don't believe this would be possible in Czechoslovakia.

How would we be better off? I dont see benefit

Slovakia was subsidized by Czechia.

Yeah and you think it would last till today? lol

No, but that's the reason why some people think Slovakia would be better off in Czechoslovakia.

This was also the motivation behind why some Czechs, like Václav Klaus, wanted us gone.

i.e. Slovaks wanted muh country and Czechs muh monies.

Klaus was right. It boggles my mind it was us who had to leave

Slovaks did good, that much everyone must admit. Meanwhile we fugged up.

Slovakia is like your ex-gf, who moved back to her brother, but now a stronk independent womyn and she's doing better than you, and it really pisses you off.

We should really up our game and show the buta tót, that we're better than them.

We can stick together as v4 to have some sort of lobby power and be "geopolitically strong". Or at least have some say in the EU. With the exception of Poland and maybe Romania, we are all small players around here, so it'd make sense anyway.

Wel, it wasn't that much in the bigger picture. Czechs and most Slovaks wanted to preserve the federation. It was our country. I don't care that Bratislava has to subsidize Eastern Slovakia for example.

I guess they were just tired of arguing with Slovak nationalists over every little shit.

We should give Eastern Slovakia to Ukraine. Fucking backward parasytes. Central is shit too, but we need them cause they are only Slovaks left

>east
Gib Kassa if you're not using it anymore.

>giving city built to repel mongol attacks to mongols

hmmm

it was built by us you dumb squatopluk

>it was built by us

Oh, hallo mein deutscher bruder

>tfw my great-great grandfather was a soldier of Haynau and settled in a German-speaking little town
>tfw when most of our relatives were deported after 1945
>tfw when I visited them and they were all nice, fair blonde grills
>tfw they are probably now all raped by rapefugees

>blaváci

Same reason why Austria and Germany don't. It'd be too much of a hassle and not dealing with each other's shit is nice.

As is not paying for Slovak gyppos.

1920 best year of my life