youtube.com/watch?v=gfhXUvopdHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i dont own any fedoras so i cant listen to talib kweli

Kendrick is a good starting point, listen to Good Kid M.A.A.D City

afrika bambaataa

>rap
>>/lgbt/

Where ever you want honestly.
If something looks or sounds cool give it a shot.

this was it for me youtube.com/watch?v=867bGbFd6uQ&list=PLjIuADMrDKIbWEdXYa-fq_ZT7oZbnek3Y

youtube.com/watch?v=N23BHYmxOXk
just dive right into the deep end senpai

If you want to get into that ignorant shit just jump straight into Tekashi69

youtube.com/watch?v=gfhXUvopdHg

3 6 mafia, wu-tang, nas, old jay z, 2pac/biggie, outkast, nwa, bone thugs, hot boys, mos def, the roots. Those are where I started and just branched out.

If you wanna start current you could try Kanye or anyone off his song champions is doing well in pop/rap may help you grasp where the rap game is. Pusha t (clipse too) , a$ap mob/rocky/ferg, run the jewels, all ghostface killah's solo shit, Danny brown, are some I listen to atm. I don't care for them but drake and kendrick are killing it right now. You can go the backpack route and there are tons of good rappers. It's a fun rabbit hole to go down.

These are pretty good. I'll suggest Souls of Mischief and Hieroglyphics. But of course, Illmatic should be one of the first few hip-hop LPs you listen to.

Outkast - Stankonia

>marshall mathers lp
>slim shady lp
>illmatic
>it was written
>wu-tang 36 chambers
>reasonable doubt
>to pimp a butterfly
>good kid mad city
>the chronic
>madvillany (really any mf doom album)
>ready to die
>all eyez on me

and i guess still brazy is good

I'm gonna report this thread because it's clearly off topic. This is a board about music.
Enjoy your ban OP.

Kanye
Kendrick
Illmatic
36 chambers
Madvillainy

Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
OutKast - ATLiens
Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
UGK - Ridin' Dirty
Future - DS2
Goodie Mob - Soul Food
Lil Wayne - Dedicaton 2: Gangsta Grillz

good luck OP

there was one really great flowchart that gave a great overview of the different styles of hiphop but i can't find it right now. does somebody have it?

This picture just made me genuinely hate Chance the Rapper

What a time to be alive was a good starting point for me, or some Kanye.

Just check the essentials charts all over the net, the flowcharts are nice as well.

>Tupac
>Eminem
>Nas
>Wu-Tang
>Drake
>Kanye West

Those are the artists that got me into rap, after that you start expanding your taste.
But you should start with MBDTF by Kanye, I think it's a great starting point.

Hip hop is one of the most divisive genres so it's hard to make recs.

I don't even like old-school hip hop that much but a good place to start is with Enter the Wu-Tang. Fugees and Outkast re some other pre-2000s hip hop I would recommend.

Basic list of recs

>Danny Brown
>Vince Staples
>Earl Sweatshirt
>Del the Funky Homosapien
>Immortal Technique
>Das Racist/Kool AD
>Aesop Rock
>Mr. Muthafuckin eXquire
>Kanye (I'm not a fan but his influence is undeniable)
>Young Thug

Look up highly rated hip-hop albums via Google. Listen to said albums. Discover new artists and styles, find what you like.

If you're really liberal, go to bandcamp, find some hip-hop you like and peruse the catalogues of people who like that stuff.

Ra The Rugged Man
Legends Never Die
This album is a great bar setter, not too technical, not too silly, not too serious.

t.r.o.y - pete rock and cl smooth

This album is gorgeous, also king geodorahs take me to your leader and shing02's 400rl

Start here

please op whatever you do don't make your first hip hop listen fucking ra the struggle man

I am glad I made these ugly charts a few months ago

>mumble rap pleb detected

Mumble rap > angry faggot who's mad because his horrible flow and terrible lyrics about "muh underground status" doesn't get him any recognition

forgot 93

>horrible flow
>ra
m8 you're just b8ing at this point

oh yes because the entire hip hop culture comes down to ra the bathroom cleaner man versus 'mumble rap'

fuck off you child, the man is as irrelevant to rap history as papoose

+

The chopper style of flow only works with people who are good at rapping, not whiny snobs who can't start a verse without pointing out how bad mainstream hip-hop is.

>oh yes because the entire hip hop culture comes down to ra the bathroom cleaner man versus 'mumble rap'
>hip hop
>"""""culture""""
ok kiddo

and that's just the post I needed to know you're some pasty basement dwelling euro teen who only listens to rappers who speak THE TROOF

I don't listen to rap
I lisen to music

Yeah man, what's wrong with you? This young man only listens to good """""intelligent"""" music, fuck you and your diversity in hip-hop.

You don't

holy shit this is terrible even ironically