/daily/ - be superior edition

It's the worst day of your life

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, see GFR's tourney unfold, conclude that Jangle's Thrift Tourney was a spook, listen to avant-garde jazzcore protofunk, shed a tear for Harambe and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>backup topsters when topsters inevitably shits the bed

topsters.net/
>working? nah. why do we even post this link?

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>for when you want to say dumb things but don't want them to be found in the archive

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug, but with emotes instead of avatars that crawled out of uncanny valley, aka the hipster plug

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our alleged Skype group. Nobody will tell you anything, but it's fun to try. There's also a daily discord!

Most importantly, get >66666666

Previously on /daily/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yp7Dz4bh5UE
youtube.com/watch?v=k_ifA9Vp2o0
youtube.com/watch?v=fcvdkw6v3fE
youtube.com/watch?v=DnUZ5xpcKHw
youtube.com/watch?v=ErxAbqsBnFM
youtube.com/watch?v=QpLbkxEL5bs
youtube.com/watch?v=Jmlhq5rtFXw
youtube.com/watch?v=67XXvxPzZ_A
youtube.com/watch?v=St6lJaiHYIc
youtube.com/watch?v=Idfv4wyWfSs
youtube.com/watch?v=VeOlPQqJR-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QFvt2cNSOaM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z33VWOaCImQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YsKgltFHIEY
youtube.com/watch?v=1Li-O9a73J8
youtube.com/watch?v=GlQgC5IyPHw
youtu.be/LUgpSZ2XYpE
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/loren_mazzacane_connors_jim_orourke/in_bern/
youtube.com/watch?v=dm4bm0EWEQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whops, wrong "previously on daily" post but who cares, no one cares about it.

It's ok op, I care

I'm sorry then :(

>new /daily/ before old one hits post limit
>also fucking up the link to previous thread
what's your excuse?

Previously:

dude, it's not that hard to make it now
look it's easy:
previous thread:

>Fela & The Africa 90 - Roforofo Fight

Nice tunes, makes me want to dance everytime. Also his voice is perfect for the music he does. I love Fela Kuti and I will always do. 8/10

What next?

My excuse is that I'm a bit autistic

See

Previously: also i dont think i can do this

Good memes last thread. Cunt and Termi, I'll try to listen to some album on the shared chart tonite, but you can go ahead and listen to how many of em as you like

>My excuse is that I'm a bit autistic
worst excuse I've ever heard, if you'd be autisitic you would carefully proof if anything is correct when making a new thread
> (You)
>See
yes, why didn't you do it? lazy ass

>implying all people with autism experience the same effects to the same degree

Wolfgang Dauner - Dream Talk - German jazz from 1964. Probably important in European jazz history but I don’t know anything about it. Piano, bass, drums. The drums play a big role here. 3.5

Duke Ellington - Blues In Orbit

ehh I'm not sure whether it's an objective 8, but I liked it a lot, so why the heck not

Good evening /daily/!

Imagine this. You come back to the hotel after working for 13 hours, enjoy a great dinner, take a bath and lie down in the bed. All set for waking up at 5 am tomorrow.

Then you hear some motherfucking shit fucking band playing George Michael and Bob Marley covers on bongos and ukeleles outside for the tourists. Do the French have any decency whatsoever? It's fucking Monday, people have work tomorrow.

Just fuck my shit up senpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yp7Dz4bh5UE

When did daily became /memetal/?

Also general disussion about metal, why does it suck so much, why do people who listen to it think they have good tasts just because they don't listen to "shitty pop"? Why almost every metal disc sounds the same? Is prog metal the worst prog?

i mean hey they could be improvising on hurdy gurdy while screaming incoherently

>When did daily became /memetal/?
when we got eight sixes

>why does it suck so much, why do people who listen to it think they have good tasts just because they don't listen to "shitty pop"? Why almost every metal disc sounds the same? Is prog metal the worst prog?
hitting HARD with those hot opinions innit

>i mean hey they could be improvising on hurdy gurdy while screaming incoherently
Even if they were doing that I'd be pissed. Hell, if Haino was performing outside I'd be just as annoyed.

pop is better than metal desu

I've never said it's not true. Almost 90% of the genres are better than metal ;)

what do you think about satanic pop metal then?
youtube.com/watch?v=k_ifA9Vp2o0

besides hip hop

nope still better.

I repute metal to be a great macrogenre and I really can't see the hate. Appreciate how it's being re-evaluated here

youtube.com/watch?v=fcvdkw6v3fE

what's with those shitty yt links today

>Various Artists - Nigeria Special: Modern Highlife, Afro-Sounds & Nigerian Blues 1970-6 (2008)
This is a great comp of Nigerian bands in the 70s. Lots of cool stuff here. Fav track: Monomono - Ema Kowa Lasa Lle Wa

tuco ruggles

Besides from the meme I really tried to get into it, I love some metal records (mostly black metal like Ballade Cuntre Lo Anemi Francor for example) but I find most of them, especially the classic ones (Death, Dream Theater, Deaftones) fucking awful. Every riff sounds the same, the lyrics are horrible and about nothing and the musicians are skilled but soulless. I'm probably going to be memed for this but idc :(

youtube.com/watch?v=DnUZ5xpcKHw

hey
youtube.com/watch?v=ErxAbqsBnFM

>Dream Theater
>Deaftones
>classic
nigga u dumb

why you gotta be so ruuude
>mostly black metal like Ballade Cuntre Lo Anemi Francor for example)
why you gotta be so typical
youtube.com/watch?v=QpLbkxEL5bs

For classic I meant the most praised and known ones

see but really, metal is another universe of music and I admit it's kinda difficult to approach if you don't like how it sounds, but then again it is open to so many variations and shades that it is impossible not to find something you like or at least appreciate. And yes, Peste Noire is good, but not that good, and truly a "I don't get metal but I listen to it" band.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jmlhq5rtFXw

See Also I hate peste noire, I just love what they did with Anemi Francor, their other albums are bad as hell. Also idk, probably I've listened to the wrong stuff, probably there is some underground shit that nobone told me to listen that is good, but I've listened to a lot of metal records and liked only a few of them. Mostly metal is just boring and dull for me, especially the technical one.

youtube.com/watch?v=67XXvxPzZ_A

youtube.com/watch?v=St6lJaiHYIc

we are getting nearer and nearer...

youtube.com/watch?v=Idfv4wyWfSs

the metalposter reveals his identity

youtube.com/watch?v=VeOlPQqJR-o

Shivkumar Sharma, Brij Bhushan Kabra & Hariprasad Chaurasia - Call of the Valley - Gread Hindustani Classical Music, I forgot how much I can enjoy that genre. Recommended for people interested in trad music, those who like Hindustani probably have already listened to it.

Also where's everybody?

I know you're fucking someone else!

nope, not me. That's the first I have done, just following the wave

That album is great and I recommend the remastered edition with the three bonus track

youtube.com/watch?v=QFvt2cNSOaM

Gonna be honest, I gave up on disk 14. Mostly because my opinions didn't change whatsoever throughout. These songs are fantastic, and I wish there was more by each individual artist around, but most I could find by each was a few singles and no copies of their LPs (assuming they had any). So this disc serves more as a purpose for nearly each artists' complete discography or a very good sampler. With a few exception every disc is limited to just one artist, totaling ~25 artists iirc. Was surprised by the variation at first, but by disc 14 (and even by disc 4) it was apparent there weren't going to be any more surprises. I gave nearly two days to this comp but that's all I'll give.

real good stuff

Nyarl you dope, to upend the apple basket and to check which ones are rotten is to, like Descartes, Take all of my opinions (or in this case a certain amount of them) and examine which ones are rotten and which ones aren't

nerd

youtube.com/watch?v=Z33VWOaCImQ

youtube.com/watch?v=YsKgltFHIEY

who's ready for > ???

aye

I'm so ready for this get

This 666 shit better be good

i was born ready

get get get get got got got got

wew

got

If I get, the wishes are the same. Metal and kpop are fucking banned from the board.

Mizutani SUCKS

dicks out for harambe

hail satan

fug

Dicks out boys

>get was for harambe
YES

frig D:

SO CLOSE

pretty good actually.

MUCH better than kpop

>tfw a soon to be stale meme gets the get

holy shit like 50 posts in 10 seconds lmao why are people so desperate for a meme number

At least it's a good get

fuck how am i _this_ slow

DICKS OUT

youtube.com/watch?v=1Li-O9a73J8

>>tfw a soon to be stale meme gets the get
>his dick isn't out for harambe

Thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=GlQgC5IyPHw

I like metal, maybe Your just listening to the wrong shit?
youtu.be/LUgpSZ2XYpE

it's still out, but i'll be retracting it soon is what i'm saying

also this album is really good, they are fantastic together, makes me wish o'rourke had done more acoustic guitar stuff besides bad timing and this.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/loren_mazzacane_connors_jim_orourke/in_bern/

/daily/ - Metal and Gorilla Memes

youtube.com/watch?v=dm4bm0EWEQU

>tfw the get is got, the thread is dead

i spent a while writing out reviews only to accidentally hit refresh and lose them. Ask me my onions if you care I cannot be arsed writing them back out again.

>Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps
4/5

>Sonic Youth - Bad Moon Rising
4.5/5

>Henry Flynt & The Insurrections - I Don't Wanna
3.5/5

damn

Previous roll: 57
>Carolina Chocolate Drops - Genuine Negro Jig (2010)
supposedly "progressive" blue grass, which apparently just means "we have some songs which don't really sound like traditional blue grass". Anyway it was not bad

Roll number 19

Holy shit i didn't see Zeit there. I'm not ready to see someone pan my 2nd favorite album. Btw What's the name of The album you listened to on the 9th?

I can't stop listening to the Fushitsusha live album. Why is it so good Dog?
Holy shit i didn't see Zeit there. I'm not ready to see someone pan my 2nd favorite album. Btw What's the name of The album you listened to on the 9th?

Pan Sonic - Kesto

i am looking for the Dog i have an important to ask him about keiji haino and the fushitsushas

I've come to a conclusion that /rym/ is a much better general than this shithole, and I'll redirect all of my posts to it.

Thanks for the experience guys, I won't be missing you.

I still wanna meet cunt and god later this year and do gay shit with them tho :{}

Good.

P L U G M A T E S

Delete jimmy jazz imposter posts
Ban jimmy jazz imposters

Hey, could you rec me something comfy and melancholic? Like moon shaped pool for example. Pls no shoegaze or bad dream pop, it's just boring for me.

See ya, jj!

Talk Talk - Laughing Stock

Sufjan's Michigan or Carrie and Lowell

Pascal Duffard - Dieu Est Fou

sometimes it was really great and sometimes a bit off putting. I think a little bit too much avant was the off putting part, I'd enjoy it more if songs had more consistency, some of them were unfolding nicely up until the avant part. it just seemed like there are so many precious pieces and crumbles mashed up together into something ehh not as good as their initial state. idk who am I to judge this stuff after all, I don't know shit about avant music

all these different jimmyposters make me wonder where the real jimmy jazz is...

in plug obviously