twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the fact that this collab actually happened still makes me laugh

i tink it's the best

>Not when he did the gay voice

that guitar tone gave me cancer

Bowie agreed with you.

youtube.com/watch?v=LFME1Huz108

how did this collaboration even happen

First time Paul ever sounded really weak and tired.
youtube.com/watch?v=641ukr2TGWc

Paul's had worse points in his career than this. This is a really good performance, even if his vocals are a little off.

I'd say he's at his worst when he takes part in naff charity singles or when he tries to be "down with the kids" by collaborating with a then pop star, like that track he did with Kanye and Rihanna.

He barelly did anything in that Rihana and Kayne song. And I think he knows he has nothing to prove anymore, I don't think he does it to look cool.
Not a low point even though the song sucked.

c'mon
youtube.com/watch?v=dYtzNl48F60

I actually kind of like Metal Machine Music.
Even if you don't, it was very influential on a lot of even better noise music, or just artists that used feedback like Sonic Youth. It was cool at least, wheras the Metallica thing was just embarassing.

this album here

I think that Sonic Youth were more influenced by The Velvet Underground than by the Metal Music Machine LP.

He can't rap and he sure as hell can't play.

youtube.com/watch?v=2MI-_jWAmlE

Raditude

Thurston Moore says it's one of his favourite albums

Anyone can link that Bowie forum where he posted himself, kidding Never Let Me Down?

Ok. I learned something

That happened?

Found it

ironic considering that someone died during limp bizkit's set.

He urged his fans to "take copies back for a refund"

No doubt from brain pain.

pleb

Metal Machine Music is great - even anyone who doesn't like noise/drone stuff like that should realize it's influence by now

Lou released a lot of questionable things and terrible tracks that are just plain awful - OPs Metallica video is almost average if you look at all of Lou's output from 1979 onwards

>1979 onwards

Blue Mask
Legendary Hearts
New Sensations
New York
Magic and Loss
Ecstasy
Animal Serenade
Lulu

clarifying my position just in case:

New York is legitimately good, Magic and Loss OK

Blue Mask has some great tracks - the title track is in the running for his best solo track, but a very mediocre album

rest are all more or less garbage compared to Lou's earlier stuff with very few redeeming things

...and Songs for 'Drella is great

oops, forgot to list that one

youtube.com/watch?v=8b57Q4pCXwY

Take out the latin and electronic shit and that would be a better tune

Actually pretty kekworthy. I'm sure David knew what he was doing (I hope so anyway).

he's pointing at lou redd...

and just look how he turned out

Lou Reed - The Original Wrapper seems like a much lower point
youtube.com/watch?v=t1Am45JrwQ4

yeah, I was going to post some terrible ones to this post , this horrible thing being one, but decided against it because there's worse and I didn't feel like combing those albums for really embarrassing tracks to go with obvious gems like that

here's another embarrassing 80's Lou video that might as well be a parody
youtube.com/watch?v=2zWwmfQvdCI

That's not Original Wrapper.

this thread is now about posting objectively terrible things Lou Reed has released
youtube.com/watch?v=AO_IB661-PQ

There is nothing redeeming about I Wanna Be Black - no layers of irony are enough for this shitty music, terrible lyrics and Lou's "singing"

also maybe the shittiest guitar solo ever released

nothing about this track is even decent

Seems like a stab at that top 20 mtv audience every aging 40-something pop-rock artist tried in the 1980s

Honestly, If Lou never met John Cale, would we have ever heard of him? I mean, his lyrics were pretty great in The Velvet Underground, but Cale's use of droning with feedback really made them stick out. Lou's solo career was mostly terrible, except at the beginning with help from Bowie.

sure, but if you consider what Lou Reed is today known for and represented in his career earlier it just feels so disappointing and that was what the thread was about

but since this sort of stuff is fun, please post any similar examples that you can think of!

shit taste detected

>shoot 20 feet of jism too and fuck up jews
c'mon, that's pure gold!

Cale also kept Lou's writing in check

youtube.com/watch?v=k-ww5HWm5MA
i hate that i have to post this
poor gener :( really glad thing are okay now

The better single from New Sensations packed with more 80s cheese and the same actress forming some kind of narrative or something.
Also the guitar riff that Lou stole from Robert Quine
youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-bwzN6IVk

yeah, I used to be a pretty big Lou Reed fan when I first found out the best things he'd been involved with, but in retrospect he doesn't seem like that great a character himself, but he certainly got actively involved in great things

John Cale was certainly the greatest musical visionary in the Velvet Underground and that band did him good to distill some of that crazy creativeness into a digestible package

Cale's personal drone/experimental recordings of the 60's were far ahead of their time - dude was laying down the cornerstones of experimental rock to come 15 year later, but without the Velvet Underground no one would have heard of them and the Velvet's stuff is a good introduction to noisy musical self expression in general. Check this one recorded a year before VU & Nico fore example- sounds very modern to me, such an obvious precursor to Sonic Youth in the 80's for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=N_FkQdN4M4g

in this one you can almost forget that Lou Reed is involved - Robert Quine is one of the best parts of this Reed period so one generic riff like that is small potatoes in terms of Reed's benefit from having someone good in his band

wow this makes me want to commit suicide

youtube.com/watch?v=XiyX70ZqsVQ

fuck Lou

John Cale's career has had it's low points, but I can't find anything that would be downright embarrassing as most of 80's Lou shit is

Honestly, if any artist didn't find themselves in the right situations would we have ever heard of them?

as if a faggot like Thurston would say anything except that

any artist needs to be in the right circumstances, but there are great artists who shape the world around them and Lou Reed just seems blatantly fortunate in his journey to becoming a legendary character

his saving grace is that he was ahead of his time and unique and still pushing himself to be a performer and star so there's that, but in the end he's really only memorable for the attitude and themes he brought to the table than general artistic ability

not that that is a bad thing - we're so far in development that attitude and themes and being representative of the coming times is probably the most important trait a new star can have, so all respect to Lou as establishing the importance of a unique new star appearing

(and he released a lot of shit when his career was already established and nothing excuses that or takes away from his importance)

youtube.com/watch?v=jrZH9FDhfRs

>I think he died when he heard my version of 'Heartbreak Hotel'.

youtube.com/watch?v=GZYY5QeQN5s

Not exactly the original but still wtf

To be fair, they only went along with it because they thought it was hilarious, which if you don't take it seriously it is.

That's not Calling All Stations

Worst song on the album desu.
The rest is much better
youtu.be/QA1gPVXBQRg

Thurston's opinion has always been shit

Which is irrelevant to the point that I was making that it was very influential on Sonic Youth

Fucking historic

Got any more Bowie shitposts?

>lou reed
>all of it

Oh yean, you got Cale on one of of his totally useless moments.

I was looking for this useless shit in his discography - he's hidden it OK.

haha, that's just a shit moment!

exactly what I was hoping for

yeah - this is exactly like John being just jealous of Lou

What a fucking shit show - he has nothing to win here, the same as randomly championining Brian Wilson - why would anyone care?

>Kanye
>with a then pop star
'no'

youtube.com/watch?v=2-aWEYezEMk

youtube.com/watch?v=XZdiaFXW2U8

>great artists

no u

youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk&index=6&list=FLAa61ILmD4JnHMqFcrXgTPQ

Literally sounds like a Seinfeld music.

Don't really care for the song but the music video is pretty cool in a creepy way.