youtube.com/watch?v=44ZTJ4HGEDA
clyp.it/s2iospx4
clyp.it/jvfixafs
youtube.com/watch?v=gNSvJc0LgHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for riff wizard

xth for my favorite guitarist

Anyone got a 7 strings here ?

What does the D E A D F A G tuning sounds like ?

Just 'cuz

Gunfire at Pulse?
>too soon?

I have no amp at the moment but want a tuner

Will the Polytune clip pull it off? It won't be as accurate as a pedal, will it?

Ol' Oscilloscope Chet pickin' and a plunkin' away like a free white man in the 1950s

It's super accurate. Tested it against a real Peterson and it's spot on.

I got a Boss clip on and it's fine, if a bit touchy I'ts as accurate as any pedal tuner. I imagine TC's is just as good.

So the old guy who was interested in buying my Rick backed out cause I took too long to get back to him
I'm still looking at selling my stuff and was wondering if I could get some feedback on what would be reasonable asking prices.
Keep in mind that I live in NZ and supply for a lot of things is smaller here.
I'm thinking about
3200-3300 nzd for the rick
900-1000 for the mustang
450-500 for the jag
400-450 for the Cort bass
and 150-200 for the p-bass

They all have cases bar the p-bass, and the only one I cant attest to as sturdy is the jag's cause it's the only one I haven't checked on a plane before.

Worse than CABBAGE that's for sure.

>implying too soon is ever a thing

You can hopefully sell the p for more thanks to the tort which is usually put on higher priced basses these days. I'm no expert though.

Suggest me a good guitar with pink floyd.

maybe. I don't think you can tell but the P is actually fretless with white markings. was a weird thing I picked up when I was in Vancouver. Either way I don't know how that affects its value

Them's some good looking instruments. In another part of the world though. Why you selling?

A strat...

1969 Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar
Fender Stratocaster David Gilmour Signature

Just don't even feel interested in playing or picking up a guitar, like I think i'm done with it. been months since I last played something, even longer since I did any practice and so on.

Stratocaster serial number 0001

If it makes you feel any better I used to play several hours a day for 12 years and then one day about 3 years ago I just stopped. Only started playing again about 2 months ago and holy fuck was I rusty when I first picked it back up. I'm only back to about 70% of the level I used to play at.

Hey guys, I found a Marshall MG100HDFX half stack (head and amp, used like new) on Craigslist for $230. I've been working with amp sims for recording, and whatever amp is on site for gigs. At home I play black metal, post-rock, and ambient. I play gigs in a rap/punk band (bite me). I've actually gotten good results for black metal using the LePou Hybrit, but I'm more of a Triple Rec/5150 kind of guy.

Should I get it? Sounds like a good deal. I was looking for a tube amp for metal, and this seems to completely obliterate my requirements.

Oh and although I know my way around an amplifier, this would be the first amp I own.

Well, shiet. Guess you're doing the right thing then.

you can probably sell the mustang for double that. i sold mine for $1,000USD

Guys, I'm looking for a good acoustic amp to plug in to to make the jewgolds on the street corner. Any suggestions?

It's not a tube amp. The tone is pretty good IMO. SS cleans that open up some possibilities with your setup.

Good price at $200, fan can be a problem, but it's easily replaceable.

Aye, I should've done more research. Thanks.

So pedals are basically toys; what are the best ones housed in big chunky boxes? Either in terms of sound or aesthetics.

>MG100HDFX
Nah bruh, it's cheaper in Reverb
reverb.com/p/marshall-mg100hdfx

Anyways it's not toobs and I wouldn't pick anything else for metal, but that's just me and I'm a memefag.

Fuck me /gg/ I just got home from holiday and my fucking flat has been ransacked. All of my gear is gone and none of the cunts who live here said they saw or heard anything unusual while I was on holiday.

Is there any use in phoning the police to report this? I can't imagine I'm ever going to see my gear again even if I do.

Got me one earlier today and it's fucking great.

Literally who?

Digitech whammies

Do you have pictures with serial numbers?

The SG is literally the most unaesthetic guitar ever made. Horribly balanced too

I throw up in my mouth a little every time I see them

maybe it was one of your friends who knew you were gone

rofl

Got one, it's dank and qt, go for it
Interesting to know, thanks user. I once thought it might not be as accurate as I'd want but guess I'm wrong.
This, if you have SNs go and report to the police, call all nearby GC, Sam Ashes, Pawn Shops or any stores that buy used stuff to let them know (I'm assuming you are from murrica)
Why the gag reflex? I'd bet you are used to looking to unaesthetic stuff every day friend. Do you by chance have any mirrors at home? :^)

I had a bunch of photos on my computer.

Which is also gone now. The only thing I have is warranty cards for the martins i had...

>Horribly balanced
I see you've only played an Epi SG. I'll admit, they're notorious neck divers.

Cloud sync? Google Photos? iCloud?
Fappening has shown us all that good stuff.
Did you post them here? Check the archive. Maybe that cunt Roman has some of them saved (kek)

In all cases I'm very sorry user, losing my guitars/amps would be heartbreaking.

I'm from Wales m8.

Shit. Cardiff? Sorry, got no clue. Try pawn shops.

You'd be pretty fucked even with serial numbers. But like others say, check the pawn shops.

Llandudno
Fuck

My parents place got hit a couple of years back. Several generations worth of jewelry etc gone. Cops came and took a look then left. Not a single thing recovered.

Not Wales, but police don't give a fuck about theft unless shit happens to fall in their laps.

youtube.com/watch?v=OlDIebFfG2c

how does she get this sound?
what pedals do you guys think she uses?

Would a resonator guitar sound good with lots of distortion/fuzz? Could be meme worthy

distorted slide guitar is one of my favorite sounds tbqh

It's not like you have anything to lose by calling the police, might as well try it. I'm not from Wales, but my brother had his garage broken into recently and they at least came and dusted for fingerprints.

Does your building have any camera's around?

I hate stoner metal in general but High On Fire has tasty riffs

sounds clean with maybe a delay.
I know because it sounds like the shitty improv I did when I was first starting out.

I absolutely loved this, user. Thanks for posting. I have a new waifu now

Clean, signal, mids probably around 5, treble and bass rather low. Maybe some gain on the amp itself, but with the volume lowered.

This sounds similar and she plays through a Fender Something
youtube.com/watch?v=44ZTJ4HGEDA

>come up with vocal melody
>it's billy jean
What's the most obvious thing you guys have accidentally ripped off?

R8 my voice, /gg/.
clyp.it/s2iospx4

Don't quit your day job/10.

Jeremy by pearl jam. I fucking hated my life after I realized it.

How about now
clyp.it/jvfixafs

is it normal for most of a (metal) bands song to be in the key of the tuning they're in? i tried using multiple different keys because i didn't want to use E for all of them but they weren't as low as i wanted them to be and they slowly all migrated down to being the key of E

I'm sure you can find some band in SF that'll be happy to have you and your lyrics.

Any recommendations on a aesthetic jazz guitar under $600?

Cool cat

i would

Gibson Switchmaster

For fucks sake nz bro keep your rick or beckstang. Guitar is one of those things a ton of people put down and then come BACK to. and you're not even old iirc.

For fucks sake nz bro keep your rick or beckstang. Guitar is one of those things a ton of people put down and then come BACK to. and you're not even old iirc.

lmao

Basically all of metal is in E, or D or whatever it happens to be tuned in.

Gets pretty old after a while

If you want the E, you've got the keys of F, C, G, D, A, E and B.

>Basically all of metal is in E, or D or whatever it happens to be tuned in.
That's mostly the case for generic stuff, more complex bands don't rely as much on chugging the low E/D/whatever their lower string is.
While we're on the subject of generic stuff, here's what to not do.

this one time i wrote a really ripping bassline and it ended up being killers by iron maiden

im still mad

i feel for you user

oh damn i forgot the link
youtube.com/watch?v=gNSvJc0LgHg

I don't remember what songs specifically but I have definitely come up with stuff I thought was original that turned out to be basically a knock off of a pre-existing riff.
>mfw

That's alright, bud. Everybody likes different things.

I'm dropping in on this, gguys.

Also just got a kit lp for more dye fun.

This

Almost as cliche as metalcore bands and the like blatantly ripping off classic At The Gates and In Flames riffs

Am I considered a pussy am I if I'm using .8 gauge strings on a 24" scale guitar?

:]

should mash them up like the 3 layer nickleback song or any smashing pumpkins recording for super thickness

that wormholes/Affirmation call and response kind of pumps me up. Best new split ep idea.

>or any smashing pumpkins recording

Definitely.

too bad they sound awesome

epi jr is looking good in grey. Wrap around and all.

Well fuck

>tfw I've dropped my Fender Jazzmaster, Jazz Bass and Squier P-Bass multiple times and nothing even close to this has happened

fucking Gibson man

>"Corgan’s gear was only part of the equation. The endless overdubs— at least 40 in “Soma”—are well-documented, but Vig says that proper mic configuration is what allowed the parts to congeal. Vig’s miking technique was as follows: Corgan would crank up his amp to full gain, and then set the guitar down. After boosting the headphones send on all the mics, Vig entered the room to move around the mics, using the phase-shifting hiss from Corgan’s guitar echo as his guide. According to Vig, an AKG C 414 produced the widest spectrum of sound, a Sennheiser 421 accented the midrange, and ribbon mics were used to obtain a smoother sound with quick, yet mellow, transients.

“You can’t have 40 guitars that are all full range,” says Vig. “There have to be places for them to fit. You could have low-midrange, or you could have everything scooped out with a high-pass that’s cut at 300 or 400kHz.”

The miking tactic seemed almost drum-like, which, given Vig’s musical expertise, is a fair assumption. “Maybe from me being a drummer, that’s an aesthetic I brought to the table that I didn’t even really understand at the time,” he says.

pleb here

do factory new guitars come with the strings separate from the guitar, to be assembled upon opening?

step one, add floyd and locking nut
step two, file back flush to the truss rod
step three, post so we can laugh at the end result

Factory fitted. It wouldn't be good to transport/store a guitar without neck being under tension.

well that's a load off my mind, for the time being anyway
thanks

Putting strings on is shit easy, watch a video on youtube if you're worried.

You'll want to get rid of the factory strings asap anyway.

There's a new Shrek movie coming, I'm sure you can land a part.
It can be fixed user, fuck that though.
Same happened to my Majesty (pic related) before I got it, saved me around $2000 for a $150 repair.

stoner does feel like regurgitated slow riffs generally. HoF really toes the thrash line and has the drumwork to carry any riff.

I've knocked my Ibanez GIO on countless things, and even dropped it head first onto the floor once and the only thing that broke is the nut. It's simply that the gibson headstock is badly designed.

>Gibson """""quality"""""

That's what you get when you're literally just paying for the name on the headstock.

THIS

I bet you collect telecasters.