I think it's their best yet boys

I think it's their best yet boys

I disagree

it sounds more like a culmination of everything they've released before than anything else

although I wish the album sounded more like Hot Head did when it was first released, I'm happy with what we got.

TMS is still my fav but since this album was kinda similar to it (short tracks/some tracks are poppy like on TMS) I'd say it's my #2.

Where do they go next? Is it going to be a continuous loop of re-hashing old ideas? I guess they skipped an Exmillitary re-do as JD was already guitar heavy. Sounds like we're up for a minimal electronic drum based album like NLDW.

Honestly, where else could they take their sound

>hqdefault.jpg
Yeah bro I totally know what this is because I'm a fucking mind reader.

I would kill for another NLDW type release. I think that sound has the most potential for this band. It'd be great if they went for minimalism but went way weirder with their use of samples and sounds, something like a blend of NOTM and NLDW.

>a Sup Forums tripfag comes to Sup Forums and is in alarm he can't recognize /mu-core

an album with More Than The Fairy-esque tracks

that's what I was hoping BP to be tbqh

It's their best after NOTM.

We can all agree we love the catchy hooks and great choruses from Exmillitary and TMS but the overall feel of an album like NLDW paired with the cryptic lyrics of NOTM would be something every DG fan on this board would love, I totally agree

This feels too tame to be my favorite. Album doesn't have any truly visceral tracks, it's just a good album. It may very well be one of their most consistent albums out there, but it's just too restrained.

I want more albums like NLDW, GP and NOTM and less albums like EXM, TMS and BP.

So tickets just went up for a LONDON show, but got taken down again. Will prob be back up on Wednesday (when the tickets actually go on sale).

Anyone seem them live? I'd imagine they're pretty good. Anything I should know before I buy the tickets because I'd imagine they're gonna get snapped up pretty quick.

Fucking this

Same here, I'm going to be at uni so I will probably have to travel back to London. Either way I'm certain on going, this will be my first DG show so hopefully it holds up to the acclaim

Three Bedrooms is pretty visceral.

my CD has finally shipped (or its being prepped at least)

GET

Glad I witnessed this and that it has such a heavy message behind it

1. Turn off your trip you faggot
2. Learn to reverse image search
Have a nice day

>boys
That's problematic, user.

I'd be happy with another NLDW sounding album, but if they can pull off something like NOTM, I'd be even happier.

>what is government plates

Nah

top 5 DG songs?

1. Fuck That
2. The Cage
3. Spikes
4. The Fever
5. Billy Not Really

Up My Sleeves
Big Dipper
Whatever I Want (Fuck Who's Watching)
Beware
I Break Mirrors With My Face in the United States

1. Billy Not Really
2. Thru the Walls
3. Up My Sleeves
4. Beyond Alive
5. Beware

NLDW > NOTM > BP > TMS > JD > GP > Exmil

Lock Your Doors
Anne Bonny
Billy Not Really
Hacker
Birds

Fuck that was tough.

>Hot Head
>3 Bedrooms
>Spikes
Not visceral

NOTM > BP > ExM > NLDW > GP > JD > TMS in my opinion

TPTB > GP > EXM = NLDW > TMS > BP

>Artificial Death in the West
>No Love
>On GP
>Big Dipper
>Up My Sleeves

THEY ALL FALL DOWN

1. The Fever
2. Full Moon
3. Lock Your Doors
4. Anne Bonny
5. Thru the Walls

The Powers that B tracks make up my 6-10 pretty much

Kill this faggot

1. Face Melter
2. Thru the Walls
3. Up My Sleeves
4. Billy Not Really
5. Spikes

>inb4 iTunes
I just use it on mobile, and it syncs up the plays

Oh fuck I forgot about Face Melter, that song is fucking amazing

what did every1 think of scum with boundaries? on my first listen rn

Pretty good, has some tracks with the "so bad it's good" appeal

pretty gud

>"so bad it's good"
its meant 2 b bad
but what tracks?
yelling in the museum is a oi bangrr

FACE MELTER
COCK THE BARREL, TRIGGER RANGE
something something something something something WHIPS THE BRAIN
something something
BIETCH

1. Punk Weight
2. Hot Head
3. Billy Not Really
4. Lock Your Doors
5. You might think he loves you but he's too busy reading the song title

>You might think he loves you but he's too busy reading the song title

That's one. It's off putting at my first listen, but I ended up loving it

1. Full Moon (Death Classic)
2. Whammy
3. Fuck That
4. Anne Bonny (really only for the fucking yelled verses. imo those are the greatest moments death grips have ever achieved)
5. Runway J

It's Default by HQ you fucking mongoloid

It's very different from the first one, much more sporadic. On the 4th trax

You sit down and focus on Death Grips, analyzing everything

You listen to Death Grips while driving

You're a loner type with repressed anger. You're a few dergrees smarter than your peers

You either do minimal effort or go all out in life

You prefer their earlier stuff

You go out of your way to listen and understand esoteric music

samefaget

anyone else /terminal5/ here

Jenny Death

do me

Sure bby

>You sit down and focus on Death Grips, analyzing everything

100% true actually

>while driving
spot fucking on, well done

Death Grips is one of your outlets of expressing anger. Almost every song highlight (like the ones you pointed out) is cathartic for you

>You're a loner type with repressed anger. You're a few dergrees smarter than your peers

First part is correct, I don't know about the 2nd.

do me!
1. the powers that b
2. anne bonny
3. face melter
4. thru the walls
5. blood creepin

Spread eagle cross the block
Lil boy
Fuck that
Up my sleeves
Full moon

i feel you user
>tfw you enjoy every track including the "filler"

1. up my sleeves
2. whatever i want
3. billy not really
4. black quarterback
5. big dipper

You have roots in heavy rock music (punk, metal). Nu metal is utter shit, so Death Grips coming into your life scratches the itch of rock, rap, and unconventional music. I can relate with you the most t b h

You border on acting like a fake tough buy, and actually backing it up. You have had moments of standing up to bullies/authority. You also have a sense of bravado you have yet to show

I'm just trying to warm up my mind to write a reconsideration letter to get back in college

NOTM best album

>You have roots in heavy rock music (punk, metal). Nu metal is utter shit, so Death Grips coming into your life scratches the itch of rock, rap, and unconventional music
are you a genie or what's going on here? this is oddly specific but it's true af f a m

yes

As I said, working my mind to write the damn letter. I need to feel the dean (no homo) and his personality for me to get back in, with minimal clues. This is training, so I might fuck up a little

I hope they do something with some really dark, ambient slow beats. Maybe with Ride not screaming as much as he usually does.

Billy Not Really
Hacker
No Love
Warping
Whatever I Want

TPTB (NotM > JD) > GP > BP > NLDW > TMS > ExM

Spikes
On GP
Hacker
Why a Bitch Gotta Lie?
Black Quarterback

Bass rattle stars out the sky
Up my sleeves
Beware
The Powers that B
You might think he loves you for your money but I know what he really loves you for it's your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

If you don't think Hot Head is the best track on BP then get off my board.

Billy Not Really (song of decade)
Full Moon
Up My Sleeves
On GP
Black Dice

NOTM > BP > TMS = NLDW > GP = JD = EXM

You love what Flatlander adds to the group, you're just starting to appreciate electronic music like an autist in pic related

You love Death Grips for the chaos they portray. For you, DG is the sweet spot of catchiness and abrasiveness. You would love to see them live

You prefer the more direct, straightforward tracks of Death Grips' discography, although you appreciate the experimental curveballs they throw in tracks i.e.: "I've always known, I've always known" segment in Up My Sleeves, the incoherent rambling-esque delivery after the bass in You might think... (HIJACK NO QUESTIONS ASKED)

Single or album mix? Answer carefully.

You were on the Jenny Death hype train, but was disappointed afterwards. You soon realized that NOTM is their peak, and you're waiting for Death Grips to top NOTM off

Didn't even do

If you're implying I joined the wagon during JDW you're way off, I was a convert shortly before Birds dropped. You're dead right about me waiting for them to top NOTM though.

See

No, I was saying that you saw what was happening on the JD hype train, and went along for the ride

On NOTM, agreed. I was hoping BP would do it, but just falls short. I just want 13 variations of Hot Head, personally speaking

Shit, misinterpreted you. Sorry my dude

You prefer the earlier, catchier tracks. You also give every track a chance, eventually appreciating songs that are initially hard to enjoy.

Pretty surprised almost no one puts Culture Shock in their top 5. Not a fan of it, or just better tracks?

No Love
Culture Shock
The Powers That B
Up My Sleeves
Anne Bonny

Better tracks. Culture Shock is in my top 10 tho

1. Billy Not Really
2. Klink
3. Three Bedrooms in a Good Neighborhood
4. Birds
5. @deathgripz

Das me

Das aaahhhlll me

I want more of more than the fairy.

1. More than the fairy
2. The fever
3. You might think
4. Hacker
5.Beware

You're genuinely impressed at Ride's "rapping", if you can call his style that. You love most of DG's songs for his flow.

You love irregular but hard hitting beats

You're optimistic about the direction Death Grips is taking, and would want to see more collabs to push their sound further

Yep, that is exactly right. Everything I listen to is loud, odd, and experimental..

1. Artificial Death On the West East
2. No Love
3. Birds
4. Big House
5. Bitch Please

single, bassline is dumb, synths are unnecessary. It would've made a GOAT opener.

They need to experiment more or I'll simply get bored

You like Ride when he does a slow, menacing flow. You even rap along to it at times.

why bother tripping if you dont recognise albums that you would learn about within a day here

Up My Sleeves
Three Bedrooms
Lock Your Doors
System Blower
Whatever I Want

no order

in no order
1. beware
2. black quarterback
3. ive seen footage
4. birds
5. giving good people bad ideas