Unheard of 10/10's

Saw a thread like this a while ago full of fantastic music.
10/10's you've NEVER seen on mu
no 9/10
nothing popular
just really good music

I'll start with a personal favorite that nobody knows about despite tvotr's popularity

Tv on the Radio-Live at World Cafe ep

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rQBA9dF4rOE
youtube.com/watch?v=DzRGXn4oz7c
youtu.be/e7_9T3cHxCo
vimeo.com/166988095
youtube.com/watch?v=YXwJ1Hx4o18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

forgotten 90s gem right here

These really are fucking excellent

This thread is a VIRAL MARKETING ZONE. Be warned! Treat every post about music in this thread as potential viral shilling. Don't get tricked into listening to some kid's bandcamp bullshit.

Wand - Ganglion Reef

One of my favorite moments on the album is the change at 12:30.

youtu.be/rQBA9dF4rOE

>La Vida Boheme-Sera

Some people like their debut better, but I like this one because of their stronger variety in genres, and more introspective exploration of what is happening in Venezuela, as opposed to an external abrasive expression

Warning - Watching from a Distance

I've seen it talked about on here, but only extremely rarely. I think I might've repressed my knowledge of this record, to be honest. It always made me want to drown myself in a bathtub, which is why I think I try not to listen to it too often, but after breaking up with my ex I stumbled on it again thismorning and the lyrics to Bridges are so totally 100% accurate to my situation I'm seriously bawling my eyes out in my office right now.

>Anais Mitchell-Hadestown

Inexplicably not discussed here. A concept album about Eurydice and Orpheus, but set in a depression-era type of setting(some people argue that it's also post-apocalyptic). The folk cast is great and shockingly make the album cohesive, despite being very diverse. If he is your thing, Justin Vernon from Bon Iver plays Orpheus. It was recently adapted into a stage production in New York.

youtube.com/watch?v=DzRGXn4oz7c

Thanks to the user that introduced me to this 2 years ago.

Little Tybee-For Distant Viewing

The guitarist in this band is out of this world. Very playful melodies all around.

Slow dissociated murky electronic music.

Some might call them darkwave, others a minimalist, slowed down autechre with androgynous crooning.

I haven't heard anything else that resonates as much with emotional detachment... I wish they were more popular.

thanks, been looking for new stuff with that description

Kai Straw - The Tragedian's Decoupage

concious hiphop, but here's the twist, it's actually fucking fantastic and not cringe in any way. brilliant production and brilliant concept album. the only criticism i can think of is that some of the philosophical ideas he tackles can be pretty entry level if you read philosophy often, but that's easy to overlook just due to how great the album is.

Saule - s/t is some of the finest ambient/drone I've heard. Total shame this guy doesn't seem to have any other material. He uses a turntable to weave a few simple samples into something jaw-droppingly beautiful and occasionally totally overpowering.

THIS
HTRK is incredible. Their most recent (last?) album is excellent too. Sounds like the world slipping away.

It'll get the occasional mention in some scaruffi thread or something but by and large it doesn't get discussed.

Is amazing and I seem to be the only person to have ever heard of it.

I swear I've seen this cover before.

>Sounds like the world slipping away.

during an especially lonely period during college I would come back from class, undress and just listen to p9-5 until i drifted off to sleep every day... that shit really helps.

I read an interview from some time this past year where Jonnine mentioned they were working on a new album .......... (:

Lots of shit in this thread but Fahey is genuinely GOAT

well, threads over, thanks for ruining it

I hope you're happy >:(

youtu.be/e7_9T3cHxCo

Rex the Dog.

Probably best electronic track of 2015. And nobody gives this guy credit. No joke. Watch the video. Guy makes his own modular synths.

my srs answer

This is pretty tight. Plus youtube titties are always a plus.

Also new Tiger Love track

vimeo.com/166988095

Yeah. I don't know 10/10 but it's pretty great.

youtube.com/watch?v=YXwJ1Hx4o18

fuck you well all know that nostalgia is where its at

thief is better

WELL I prefer it to Marry me tonight... except fascinator

I never see Doji Morita brought up

link???????????