youtube.com/watch?v=_6PPeiyQIyU
youtube.com/watch?v=1F5VAQUu6Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=6xIOfu2tzQM
youtube.com/watch?v=yWa3nGdHCp4
youtube.com/watch?v=jRJ0sTsU0KA
cheat.menu/2015/06/korean-study-materials.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is the best way to learn korean?

Kind of the same as the best way to learn most languages: immersion, diligent study, and a vested interest in actually becoming fluent for a good reason. There are a lot of good resources out there

안녕

Talk to Me in Korean podcast/Youtube
Spongemind podcast/Youtube
Go! Bily Korean Youtube & books (I really recommend his beginner book, I wish I had read it when I started)

Listen continuously to radio and TV, just immerse yourself as much as possible. You're in luck of you like kpop or kdrama, sadly I'm not really into either but they would make a fun resource.

BEST APP for quick answers to grammar and vocab questions is HiNative. Made by the same people as lang-8. I use it all the time.

You will have to get Kakao Talk at some point if you want to chat with Koreans on their most popular IM app.

Conversation Exchange is a great website for finding people. It looks old but it's quite active.

r/korean is generally helpful and they have an IRC where you can find experienced learners and native koreans to help you

Memrise and/or Anki for flashcards.

Good dictionaries for you will be Daum and Naver (Naver is the more popular one but I started out with Daum)

This website will conjugate verbs for you: dongsa.net/

There is a website called HowToStudyKorean which has a ton of info but I really hate the way it is writtem the author seems to assume the reader is a retard. But it's a good resource.

It's hard to find good beginner vids completely in Korean (do this for immersion even if you dont understand it at first; you will eventually) so bookmark these:
youtube.com/watch?v=_6PPeiyQIyU
youtube.com/watch?v=1F5VAQUu6Yw

Finally, idk what browser you use but I have been using some Korean dictionaries as extensions on mine and it makes it alot easier to read websites and such without having to constantly pull up Naver.

I didn't know seoul was so close to the border

Oh and for memey entertainment you can enjoy some world of dave and coockoo crew:

youtube.com/watch?v=6xIOfu2tzQM

youtube.com/watch?v=yWa3nGdHCp4

it occupies a great location just within artillery range for north korea

어느 주(스테이트)에서 살고있어?

OP 어디 갔어?

왜 한국어 스레드 항상 죽어?

밈스

이건 뭐야?

Trying to learn gook lately but it's extremely time intensive. Even trying to write simple sentences can be difficult.

Yeah, same. What are you having problems with lately?

Just what I said, simple sentences. I recently went back over some basic stuff then decided to step into reading/writing simple sentences and understanding sentence structure. I feel like I'm making progress but like I said, it's time intensive. I'll probably get faster soon enough.

I feel like I am now finally at the point where when I try to read something, I am looking up vocab more than grammar. I think I finally memorized enough verb endings.

Coming up with my own sentences is always shaky ground though, mainly because I have no idea what sounds natural, since I don't talk to people.

>mainly because I have no idea what sounds natural, since I don't talk to people.
I'm in exactly the same boat. It seems like the best thing to do is just immerse yourself in as much gook stuff as possible. Read Korean websites, shitpost on their forums, watch their tv/youtube/whatever. Basically substitute your online activities with korean ones.

>seoul
>not hanseong

this is bullshit

Why do you guys learn irrelevant language? The only thing I want to have is the english fluency. I envy you guys who are born to be english native speaker.

iam doing it just as a hobby, just to watch korean movies without subtitles (it will never happen tho).

I can understand how difficult it is for you as it is very difficult for Koreans(or Japanese) to learn fluent english.

well fortunately slavic langs have all the asian langs sounds - especially these sh, si, tz, ts etc. so its not that hard to pronounce. But yes the whole idea behind korean language is very difficult to understand. I also get that asians find very difficult to understand latin based langs as their are completely unfamiliar with their basic grammar concepts.

Korean is a meme language.

They trick you with the easy hangul to suck you in, and then they throw their grammar at you.

Don't believe their lies, anons.

>hangul to suck you in
actually you are so right. ppl who encourage others to learn korean use "hangul is so easy" argument which is a bullshit. There are much more sounds in korean than characters in hangul

I'm doing it for fun

I will help you with english in exchange for korean slang

get the book "Dirty Korean Everyday Slang". it will help

I will tell you this, and I have never been any more serious about anything:

You do not want to learn Korean. NOTHING good will come of it. Explaining why to someone who doesn't really understand is difficult, but remember what i said.

If you ignore my warning, you will likely regret it.

HELL YEAH

He said "Memes."

And there's more conjugation which like 하거나, 하거니, 하거늘, 하거니와, 하거드면, 하거든, 하거들랑, 하건대, 하건마는, 하건, 하걸랑, 하것다, ...

its not very fair desu. that pic is mixing low and high forms. You could make that same fucked up table about english with all the past perfect fucking shits that no one uses.

>with all the past perfect fucking shits that no one uses
We use them all tho.

theoretically english men use it also, but its understandable without it. no one expects from a non native to know foreign language in its entirety. basic forms are more than enough for intermediates.

it's really easy tho

70's newspaper written in Korean.

It really matters if you speak formally or not?

dont lie. its not, hun bro
but you have already redirected to left-right

REALLY FUCKING MATTERS.

>but you have already redirected to left-right
Yep. It's just a newspaper written in Korean in 70s'

How the fuck not, all of those are plain, basic, regular forms, they just all have stupid names but they express the most plain things possible.
It takes like 2 weeks to master all of these
겠 is a bit tricky but other than that it's real fucking easy, and it's not enough for shit anyway, if you only use these forms you sound like a robot

I heard that this sentence can make explode Korean learner's brain.
'철수는 지금쯤 날아간 나뭇잎을 생각하겠지.'

>Cheolsu is probably thinking about the leaf that was flown away by now.

나뭇잎이 날아간 게 아니라 철수가 생각하는 게 지금쯤 일어난 일이니까 by now는 빼야지

youtube.com/watch?v=jRJ0sTsU0KA

those are not all forms of honorifics. plus irregulars. dont be a smartass

문장이 조금 중의적인 것 같은데. 지금쯤이 어느 문장 성분을 수식하는지 불분명하잖아. 관형어를 수식하는지 아니면 서술어를 수식하는지 말야.

'지금쯤'을 강조해서 읽는 게 아니면 웬만한 한국인들은 철수가 생각한 게 지금쯤 일어난 일이라고 이해할 걸.

Koreans really take seniority and age seriously. Even if it's just a year difference, you need to talk to them formally or you'll get wacked.

fuck conjugations
we don't use that bullshit in english

돕다 can't be 돕아,
but 좁다 must be 좁아.

its the worst aspect of korea - that fucking retarded social structure. I mean respect for older ppl -why not, but assuming that someone older is any better just because of his age is just retarded.

I was talking specifically about the pic, yes that was my point, that the pic related contains only the most basic shit, therefore it's easy
there's very few other honorific forms, most of those are memes anyway and """irregulars""" are not numerous, mainly shit like this and almost entirely appear in the plain form only

I'm not a "smartass" I spent 2 years in korea

2년? 어디서 살았는데?
설마 이태원에서 외국인들하고 지낸 걸 갖고 한국에서 살았다고 하는 건 아니겠지.

This is not that hard but
would be hard. Ayy Irregular Conjugation.

agreed. one of the reasons why i rather be a loner than having to deal with those absurd honorific shits. i need a white waifu so that i can get out of this country.

이태원 어디 있는지 모르겠는데 desu famalam
부산에 있는 제약회사에서 일했어

부산?
붓싼은 뭐든 쓰까묵는다 안 카나!

tanulok magyarul vagyok.
koreainő = szar
Magyarnő= tökély

r8 my Hungarian

이태원은 서울에 있어. 외국인들이 많기로 유명하지.

if you are not a total looser or an absolutely ugly basement autist you can easily pick up a white girl. 80% of girls on interpal go into asian langs.

if anyone thinks that learning korean is useless, he should never ever touch upon hungarian which is a lang straight from Mordor

Most countries will be like North Korea in the future.
Dark sky initiatives will strengthen and we'll all laugh at shitholes like Seoul that have wasted light

>서울
난 서을에 한번 밖에 안 가보았다

epic

Tell me about Hungarian life, i'm interested in working holiday in Hungary.

롯데 자이언츠라고 들어봤니

마! 등킨도나쓰 무 봤나? 쥑인다 아이가.

its the same all over central europe desu

I thought it is in eastern europe,

ee is more like a political term. geografically we are in the center. that term was ok before 1990. Now it relates more to the part of europe outside eu like ukraine and belarus. Its no mistake to call us that tho

but say that Poland is eastern Europe could triggers to poles as far as i know :P

not triggered i guess. ppl dont give a shit. its just not very precise. anyway after refugees crisis that term is not so negative

Btw i'm also interested in Polish, is it worth it to learn Polish? Poland's future looks quite bright IMO.

well. its difficult for sure. if you want to learn a slavic lang you have a choice between russian and polish. Russian is easier and much more beautiful. Also there are more russians. It uses retarded cirilica and in general prospects are not very bright tho . On the other hand there is polish - less ppl, more difficult. But we are in eu and developing quite fast. If you want some comparison - we are like korea 10 years ego. Also we use latin alphabet (with some retarded characters). As for pronouncation slavic langs are difficult for westerners but not for asians as they have many common sounds.
what else would you like to know?

I barely know about polish.
What I only know is 'Cześć!'

its enough. +1 if you can pronouce it

>adds a laughter track to his own jokes
i didn't know this was a you cringe you lose thread

Isn't it pronounced like 'cheshch'?

Well tell me something about what's it like being an Asian in Poland.
i heard that most Polish people being racist towards Asians.

more on less. The Cz is like Tz or ㅊ. The ś is like 씨

So you mean 'Cześć' is pronounced like 'Tшeщч'?

>Polish people being racist towards Asians
i dont know there this meme comes from, but we are really ok with asians. We hate muslims tho. I have never heard anything about asians having any problem here. In Poland no one can tell the difference between asians, so no one would tell if you are a chink or a jap. Two most popular asian groups are chinks and viets. It dates back to our soviet block times. We also got pretty nice (compared to other eu states) relations with north korea. I suppose Kims uncle was an ambasador here. We have high opinion on asians as hard working and being good immigrants.

much closer. You should drop the ч. The щ is a double sound

also korea is given here as an example of a good economy and good implementation of state protectionism.

cheat.menu/2015/06/korean-study-materials.html?m=1

nice thx