First time listening to pic related

does the production sound awful to anyone else's more expert ears?

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5217397
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Expert ears here, it's great.

It sounds harsh but I don't think we're hearing anything that wasn't intentional. There's no way the singer would blow up the microphone the way he does if this was not their intention.
Just queued up the first track to try and hear what you mean, now I'm gonna be drawn into listening to the whole album (again).

the sounds are individually lofi and aggressive but its mixed together well

What are some other albums with deliberately unorthodox mastering/production?

Any favourite tracks off this album? I'm loving People Vultures and Invisible Face myself.

Just listened to paper mache dream balloon yesterday. Fucking amazing album. So much talent coming out of Australia right now.

Stereolab's Margarine Eclipse had every instrument hard panned to one side or the other

If you listen to DJ Rozwell's production on his last album and on KFC Murder Chicks' music, it's extremely bass and treble heavy and has a lot of analog clipping. It sounds like it's coming out of a really old jukebox or tube amp cranked way up, sometimes to the point of sounding like stone blocks grinding on pavement or something.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

What other KGATLW albums should I listen to?

Quarters! definitely. Paper Mache Dream Balloon is pretty sweet too.

Quarters (softer and jammier), Im In Your Mind Fuzz (most similar to nonagon), Float along, 12 Bar Bruise, Oddiments (more abrasive)

Yeah I've heard Paper Mache Dream Balloon. I was blown away by it. My mum loved it so much that she wants it on her phone now too.
Thanks!

Does anybody have a mega link to this?

Not mega.

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5217397

Tag is fucked for the album title but that's easily fixed.

thanks mane

nevermind you gotta log in
pls somebody have mega

Oh sorry man, I have an account to the website I didn't think about that.

Try this magnet.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:F0A604688112FE8628D7D95522A7C466854C5614&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet

fuck that sounds terrible

Is that as awful sounding as it sounds? Because it kind of sounds like it could ne cool.

Definitely listen to Paper Mache Dream Balloon to get a feel for their range. I'm In Your Mind Fuzz if you want something that is similarly fast paced like Nonagon Infinity.

Also check out Eyes Like the Sky by KGATLW made in the style of an old western soundtrack

>Just queued up the first track to try and hear what you mean, now I'm gonna be drawn into listening to the whole album (again).

me too.

Evil death roll is the best song on the album

Gamma Knife and People Vultures are my personal favorites