Of Montreal - Innocence Reaches

Just a little over two weeks until release and this thing still hasn't leaked? Plz send help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7_WDugKPnlk
youtube.com/watch?v=xob5dhGWr38
youtube.com/watch?v=TSXn-0c_uVU
polyvinylrecords.com/webservices/v1/pressroom/download_press?id=529
genius.com/albums/Of-montreal/Innocence-reaches
polyvinylrecords.com/product/david_barnes_ummels_stat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

finally some 2016 boobcore I can live with

remember when oM was good?
Poppy, refreshing beats that still managed to experiment and try new things and its stagnated into this gay pride social justice clusterfuck, it really makes a long time fan sad.

>gay pride social justice clusterfuck
example?

latest single
youtube.com/watch?v=7_WDugKPnlk

ok yeah that was slightly upsetting

satan confirms oM is irredeemable

dubs confirm confirmation

aoty incoming boys

two years in a row? the odds are astronomical

oM's always had socially progressive themes, get your head out of your ass

Totally a new thing
youtube.com/watch?v=xob5dhGWr38

oM hasn't had AOTY since Paralytic Stalks. Don't get me wrong, I liked Aureate Gloom and Lousy a lot. But way better albums came out both years

for example?

The socially progressive aspect of his music has been present in his work consistently, yes, but its role in the past few years has shifted. substantially. Previously it was only present as topics of mention or of pondering in lighthearted , melancholy fashion (see: Tim I wish you were born a girl). Although the Georgie Fruit Era initially yielded great songs that were fun to listen to and appreciate the shameless flambouyancy of, that act has stagnated into a boring mess of long winded verses and yawnworthy unexciting instrumentation that gives me 0 pleasure to listen to. This latest single only shows that Kevin is out of Ideas and trying to appeal to a rapidly growing, gullible, & massive demographic. As much as I love their stuff I'm really losing respect for them with each album.

seebtw dubs confirms this analysis is legit

>implying Aureate Gloom was above a 4/10

2complex4u

it was so fucking bland like i couldnt even get through the whole thing, I really dont want to give up on it, what tracks would you rec?

This whole argument is so retarded. Go read the rest of innocence reaches' lyrics. It's some of the most emotionally cutting and acerbic stuff he's ever written. He did not go sjw, you misread the track. Most of the album is him completely trashing nina

I recommend it as a whole in order.

Even for Its Different For Girls? I didnt follow along with lyrics but I'm pretty sure I heard most of them correctly.

this song is ok musically but lyrically it sounds like a fucking advertisement

We get it, be a little more subtle if you still feel inclined to be preachy. Anyone could write this anti-male (not feminist) shit.

where did you find the entire albums lyrics? Quick google search only turned up its different and my fair lady, neither of which have particularly intriguing things to say

yea it's a bit of a black sheep, but what I'm saying is that the rest of the album is full of stuff no bs peddling leftist would ever say. It's not indicative of his music becoming sjw agenda tunes

ok so then how did we "misread the track"?

Not the dude you're responding to but a pdf of all the lyrics were pulled from somewhere last week. Have the file on my computer but I'm on my phone right now. I'll try to upload it somewhere when I get back home unless someone gives you the link

Either is retarded or he is kevin barnes in disguise trying to convince us he's not selling out to the tumblr crowds

or I guess he's just going on a percentage basis like the rest of the album in context changes the meaning of that song? I'd have to disagree.

*especially since it's the lead single

or kevin is just trolling with that song? I doubt it but I suppose its possible.

considering the album art and the seeming sincerity that he sang those trademark too-long verses with, i'd say those odds are slim to none, How I wish they were true.

I just meant that if you're assuming this one track means
>its stagnated into this gay pride social justice clusterfuck, it really makes a long time fan sad.
then you're wrong. I personally am unsure what to make of it considering how contradictory it is to the stuff he says about nina. I don't think the literal reading of it is right. He might legitimately be using it to sell to people but it doesn't spell doom for the album. That's all I meant.

Thats a fair opinion but this isnt an isolated incident. Large swaths of georgie fruit albums sounded like bland filler and his return to a more blues rock-influenced style didnt really yield much interesting work (Although i still liked Lousy teebeeaytch). With that said the instrumentation on this single was new and shows promise for the album if he can avoid destroying it lyrically with heavy handed progressivism. Its a toss up at this point.

Having read it, it looks really promising. I was worried when it's different for girls came out too. If you want a taste check this out youtube.com/watch?v=TSXn-0c_uVU

could be on the level of touched something's hollow or casualty of you if you ask me

Do you have a link to the lyrics?

I'm in the same boat as . They were going around a few threads ago so maybe someone has them

gonna bump this bred till i go to bed i want those lyrics

Its a bearable song until the "some demons are women men men men men men men men men"
>I miss wolfman and kishibashi desu senpai

Of Montreal - Innocence Reaches (lyrics)
polyvinylrecords.com/webservices/v1/pressroom/download_press?id=529

The lyrics have been added to Genius: genius.com/albums/Of-montreal/Innocence-reaches

well whadya know

all the "offensive" stuff in Girls is in quotes

but who is he quoting

Album will be out digitally in eight days.

polyvinylrecords.com/product/david_barnes_ummels_stat

>all the "offensive" stuff in Girls is in quotes
though some women are demons all of them are gods
though some demons are women
for every one psycho bitch there's ten thousand agro pricks it's different for girls

no quotes

fyi every single statue I've ever seen of his are literally not his statues. He takes already existing statues he simply bought and then adds additional sculpting and paint. Still often very cool but thats important to know.

i feel it's gotta be his ex-wife, given how present she is throughout the rest of the album. i reckon he might be taking the piss out of her a little bit, but who can ever tell with kevin.