Best headphone music experience

What are some fantastic albums that sound great on headphones? Something that really takes advantage of a close up listening experience. Or takes advantage of stereo production. I really want to feel immersed in the music, like I'm being dragged through another dimension.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5WFGuDxTSL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump.

Bump.

Snug tnogs

Listen to some shoegaze. If you're unfamiliar, start with Loveless by MBV

Person Pitch

try this one, daddy.

To Be Kind, really really loud

just listen to the opening bit of She Loves Us first

yes really loud. let those 10/10 drums pound into your brain

if you aren't hooked after that, nothing can save you

Sadly user, an album I've never liked. I've listened to it about 10 times and it never "clicked".
Thanks.

I wish I could get into Swans. I really do. It's just too weird for me. I'll admit that any day. If that makes me a pleb then so be it.

there isnt any sort of stigma around swans. either you like it or you dont. theres nothing wrong with not liking it

I will say however that one cannot deny that the instrumentation in To Be Kind is phenomenal, and for that reason alone I think even a non-swans-fan should listen to it through and through. Just to see how powerful drums and guitar and voice can be. Its an astounding amount of raw, primal energy

I've heard The Seer all the way through. I think I listened to Filth as well. It just wasn't for me. I really wish I could enjoy it, I do. They get such high praise from critics and fans alike. Maybe one day.

Radiohead's Everything in Its Right Place is an awesome experience on headphones and definitely is an awesome stereo experience.

You're gonna have to find a dl for it though, youtube's compression destroys a lot of stereo effects on most audio in general and the one upload of it is destroyed by it.

I'm a Radiohead fan so I have their entire discography. It's just been a while since I've used headphones. I mostly stick to my bluetooth speaker because I hate that my ears get hot as fuck and uncomfortable. I'd wear headphones more if that weren't the case.

If anyone has anything more I'm happy to check it out.

Try this

Girl by Jamie xx

Thanks. I'll download that now.

Cheers.

I wish there was a chart for something like this.

This whole album (WIXIW by Liars) is cold, electronic and atmospheric as hell. Sounds absolutely fantastic on good headphones.

Thank you. I can imagine a lot of well produced electronic albums would have a good sound to them.

I'd recommend you listen to the song A Ring On Every Finger or Annual Moon Words first and see if you like the feel.

WIXIW almost reminds me of Kid A, but not as groundbreaking. It's very influenced by kid A

Listen to Boards of Canada.

I'm downloading them now. I'm definitely going to check these albums out in depth many times over.

I really need to get into them anyway. Apparently they're fantastic.

Currents and (to a lesser extent) Lonerism by Tame Impala

fantastic albums with excellent production that really shines on good headphones

Im not exaggerating when i say that this album is a euphoric experience while wearing headphones

Don't really know what's the best album to start from, but my personal favourite is Geogaddi. If you get interested, try to dwell on the different layers under the warm analog beats of theirs. There are some interesting samples, hidden messages etc. My best bet is to start from Music Has The Right To Children, which is really good if you can comprehend the whole IDM thing of that era.

Also nice trips

No joke Geogaddi is actually terrifying

Geogaddi is one of my favourite albums yet it unsettles the fuck out of me

Pure headphone heaven

>Swans is just too weird for me

good lord

Snarky Puppys "Sylva" is really worth it in my opinion

the drums on To Be Kind are the best drums on a rock album ever

Meddle

Yeah I've heard this one before on headphones. It's great.

Underrated jazz group. I forgot all about them.

>euphoric experience

It's a shame this word has become a joke online.

Before the Mlady shit I always associated it with trance kiddies and terrible hardstyle compilations spelling it eu4ia, uforia, üphoria etc

I wasn't the person who posted it. It's just a good word when used in the right context.

Neither was I and true but it's always been in a rut

Luckily I don't give a shit about the online stratosphere

The album you posted was also shitty fedoracore so that played a part in it

I didn't post the album nor is that a valid criticism. Fedoracore isn't a thing. Besides, it's a great album in it's own right.

Get yourself some velour earpad replacements bruv

thanks for the suggestion

This was literally designed on and for headphones. It's great OP

youtube.com/watch?v=5WFGuDxTSL8

I have had great experiences with Mutual Benefit on headphones as well as XTC's Skylarking

This. Uses a lot of interesting stereo experimentation production techniques. You won't really notice it as much until you listened to it over headphones.

Anything by Grimes - all her early stuff was specifically mixed by her to sound best on a quality set of cans.

Doesn't change the fact it's still shit music

It takes shit taste to identify shit music.