What are the best (and most accessible) animal collective albums to recommend to a casual fag like me who is curious...

what are the best (and most accessible) animal collective albums to recommend to a casual fag like me who is curious about the band?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UwPmzIF3eUs
youtu.be/Rl4RP0Cf6wQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

most accessible is MPP

Strawberry Jam or MPP. If you like those, go backwards through their discography until it gets too weird.

youtube.com/watch?v=UwPmzIF3eUs

this should get you prepped

Start with Merriweather Post Pavillion. It's by far their most acclaimed album, and it's pretty accessible.

If you want something a bit more immediate (and better imho), listen to Strawberry Jam.

If you want something else completely different, yet still accessible and representative of another part of their sound, listen to Feels. If you like that, listen to Sung Tongs.

Don't bother they're fucking awful and not worth your time

best song of the decade desu

>most accessible
MPP
PW
SJ
Feels
Sung Tongs
Campfire Songs
CHz
HCTI
STGSTV
DM
>least accessible

That's just the studio albums without side projects tho

youtu.be/Rl4RP0Cf6wQ

Wow, this is great. Does this guy have any albums I should check out?

haha what the fuck? CHz is easily more accessible than Feels and Sung Tongs, maybe even SJ

>inb4 it's abrasive
no, it really isn't

Feels is definitively the album that is a bridge between quality and accessibility, though I think all their albums are at the very least decent.

Outside of Spirit They've Vanished, Untitled, and Alvin Row, STGSTV is much more accessible than Here Comes the Indian (unless they're coming into the album with an appreciation for tracks like Visiting Friends).

I put it that low because it's shit.
I listed them under the impression that they're listening to their albums as wholes, and they won't be prepared for the ear rape that I remember the first time I listened to Spirit They've Vanished. I'm fine with it now, but the first time hurt a lot.

more like
MPP
PW
SJ
CHz
Feels
Sung Tongs
STGSTV
Campfire Songs
HCtI
DM

also, OP should start at MPP if he likes pop, Feels if he likes rock, STGSTV if he likes noise pop, HCtI if he likes noise rock, and Sung Tongs if he likes freak folk and wants their best album

>I put it that low because it's shit.
so is Painting With, yet it's pretty fucking high

>Painting With
>shit
not him and his reasoning is retarded, but you're very wrong friendo

Came here to post this. MPP is their most accessible, but I personally think it's not as good as their other projects. Strawberry Jam and Feels are better albums, I'd start with them if you don't mind the music to be slightly more demanding to listen to, since SJ and Feels are not as upbeat and fun as MPP.

Though no matter how you start with Anco, make sure to listen to Spirit they're gone, Spirit they've vanished. It's their best album imo.

Pretty much this

Just switch STGSTV and Campfire Songs and I'd completely agree.

I've said this so many times you could probably easily search for it on the archive, but the first five songs, New Town Burnout, and Amanita are all great songs. The only truly bad song on CHz is Father Time.

And I never had the reaction everyone seems to have had with STGSTV. That might be because I had listened to Whitehouse and Black Dice prior though.

If he wanted to listen to their best album he could just listen to ODDSAC

PW is better than CHz. I shouldn't have said it's shit, but I still think Sung Tongs is more accessible. My friends got into Anco through that and they think CHz sucks.

debated that a bit, and while STGSTV has noisefuck it's still pop, whereas CS I feel tales much more in-depth listening to really get into
you mean watch ODDSAC, right? it's an audio-visual album :^)

I got into anco from Sung Tongs, think CHz is shit, and can still (correctly) tell you that CHz is far more accessible

No i dont think so

>PW is better than CHz

Maybe I'll feel that way a year from now, since it took about that long to warm up to CHz, but I doubt it. It's not terrible but it's definitely not better than CHz.

>you mean watch ODDSAC, right? it's an audio-visual album :^)

Unless you watch things with the sound off, you'll listen to it anyway.