Name a more outdated artist

Name a more outdated artist

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=163_C5UVU-I&ab_channel=PaulMcCartneyVEVO
youtube.com/watch?v=YbsYc3UNdZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=8g4ygMGXU7Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dj aaron ellis, i'm being serious

LL Cool J. The poor guy is so disconnected from anything related to the modern hip-hop scene it isn't funny.

Aphex twin desu

jason aldean

All hair metal bands.

dido

I can't

Skrillex

The Rolling Stones are kinda outdated desu.

Outdated? Paul McCartney is one I thought of instantly who's more past it than Bjork
youtube.com/watch?v=163_C5UVU-I&ab_channel=PaulMcCartneyVEVO
Just let it go Paul

So many old hip hop guys are fucking cringe like that. I was listening to E40 (A huge GS Warriors fan) on a fucking basketball podcast where he had been brought on to share his opinions on Durant going to his team and he couldn't shut the fuck up about how he invented every piece of west coast slang ever and everyone needs to respect him.

Hip hop is actually fucking trash as far as actual people, all the old guys can't let go and think they're the shit despite being irrelevant, and all the new guys think they're the shit despite being talentless. What is with hip hop artists all having to look arrogant or they aren't cool? It just spawns guys like Future, who have no discernible talent but think they're a great rapper and Kanye, who are better than the other guys (like Future) and think that automatically makes them good.

Big-headedness killed hip hop

Madonna

Met. Fucking. Tallica.

how are these IN ANY WAY outdated?

*insert 70s-80s buttrock*

REO Speedwagon, Styx, Journey, Air Supply, Night Ranger...

Kanye West

I'd say all those 90s rappers like Busta Rhymes are pretty washed up.

Peter Frampton

Radiohead

I think Pop music today has a lot in common with hair metal and it's the right climate for it to return.

Their new albums prove you wrong

Grimes

AC/DC

Weezer

yeah

Kiss

>their new albums proved you wrong
>AMSP
>not regurgitated post-rock inspired garbage

But they've been outta date ever since Nirvana happened. Ain't no fucking people want to listen to spandex-clad cockrock in the last quarter century.

And that's why Gene Simmons has been butthurt at Nirvana ever since. :^)

I think most 80s-90s alt rock/grunge bands are washed up. That entire Gen Xer cynicism doesn't exactly translate onto today's youth. I'd think if anyone made comments in a magazine interview similar to what Thurston Moore or Layne Staley used to say, they'd get punched in the face.

Weezer

Paul can shit out all the new tunes he wants, but people are still gonna come to his shows and demand to hear Fixing A Hole and Band on the Run.

>radiomeme
>post-rock

honestly kys

White album was decent bruvs, best since Pinkerton at least

they still fill stadiums
their garbage music is still played multiple times a day on "classic rock" stations

Daltrey and Townshend are probably right. The audience doesn't really want new songs, so they concentrate on coming up with clever new ways of playing/interpreting their old standards.

>implying Back in Black and Strutter aren't fun as fuck

Oasis

I love metallica..... but its true. They sold out with the black album(my opinion), but didn't become bad musicians until they realized they could release something like Reload and still make bank. After hearing DeathMagnetic they just need to stop :(

Those guys have been dadrock since the early 2000s.

I guarantee Future and Kanye are more talented than your favorite artist. I swear some of you guys just don't like your music to have personality

I dunno, Death Magnetic was a godsend in comparison to St. Anger.
They could probably get away with still making music, but they should go by a different name.

AMSP is in no way post-rock and its possibly the band's most nuanced work to date

Most of them. Craft & sincerity don't really date.

A.G. Cook is half her age and after being heralded as a 'bright new thing' 18 months ago is making derivative nonsense.

The point where Metallica were past it was in the late 90s-early 2000s when they started going around referring to Korn and Limp Bizkit as their contemporaries.

Because he's releasing some music he made more than 10 years ago?

You should hear what he's up to at the moment, would blow your little willy right off.

at least Future is a gentleman, all the others are a-holes with no grace

Since when was Bjork ever relevant to anyone unless you're gay or study postmodern art in college.

St. Anger > DM for several reasons
St. Anger was them trying something different, it didn't really work but ill give them kudos for trying. I can't name a single song off DM that i enjoyed. Cyanide? maybe? no. They tried too hard to be master of puppets and they simply can't replicate that albums power and craftsmanship without Cliff. DM is a chore to listen too, the songs feel like they drag on forever. St. anger atleast produced some kind of monster and the unnamed feeling

Since the mid-80s.

>Back in Black
Atleast say one of the Bon Scott songs you fucking plen (They are still bland as fuck but better than Back in Black)

>Their new albums prove you wrong
>Bjork, Kanye, Radiohead
Am I just getting reddi'memed?

>DM is a chore to listen too, the songs feel like they drag on forever

I notice that too with late career Rolling Stones albums like Voodoo Lounge. They made every album excessively too long when there were maybe 2-3 decent songs on them.

The Beatles are kept "relevant" by baby-boomers and their jerkoff kids who want to impress them

I'm sorry your dad beat you while playing Rubber Soul on the turntable.

The Beatles are relevant because of what they did in the 60s.

>60's

don't mess with me man :'(

Problem with old rock groups is that they become a brand name more than a band. Those albums like Death Magnetic and Voodoo Lounge are trying to be what people think a Metallica or Stones album sounds like as opposed to the old classics when they were simply trying to make fun, interesting music.

This happens to any artist who has success.

Their audience develops expectations...things become tricky to navigate. That's why some of us go into hiding.

"I can understand how difficult it is when you want to play a new song that means something to you and the audience isn't having it. On the other hand, I can also see their point. I remember how when I was a boy and I went to go and see Bill Haley and the Comets...the second song they played was Rock Around The Clock. You can not believe how excited I was. That was what I wanted to hear and it made my day. So I do think you should give the audience what they paid for. I mean, if I were going to see the Rolling Stones, I'd probably want to hear Jumping Jack Flash or Brown Sugar or Ruby Tuesday."

-- Paul McCartney

I'll give Dylan credit for still making good late career albums and not needing to glomp onto younger artists' nuts to do it like Neil Young and Johnny Cash.

I guarantee that they dont

youtube.com/watch?v=YbsYc3UNdZ4

I wonder what it's like to play the same exact licks every night for 35 years.

Profitable.

Also musicians don't tour 365 days a year.

It's not his fault. He tried playing new shit during the 2012 tour but people were all like "PLAY ERUPTION ALREADY!"

Okay

they've always been outdated

what is he up to right now?

Guns n' Roses

Slayer

>death metal is invented
>go nu-metal route instead

Eating spaghetti and courgette

All the AOR bands that somehow still exist in 2016

He didn't stop making stuff wiv computers, let's leave it at that.

she's literally just Arca's vocalist now

ok, all I know is that this gives me a lot of hope

Although most of the production on her last album was by Bobby/Haxan Cloak?

Dum dum

Sure, in the lifetime of everyone on Sup Forums.

Sure it happens, yet we have older artists like David Bowie who continue to evolve and defy expectations all the way up till the very end of their career. Success and audience expectations don't necessitate mediocrity.

Sure but much of his audience turned their backs in the 90s when he was experimenting with electronica/drum'n'bass.

He wasn't considered very cool at the time but I guess if you're too young to remember that period isn't part of the conversation.

He got real freaked out when m80boy sent that bomb to Bjork

Johnny Cash...the guy came back in his 60s after almost 30 years in the doghouse.

>like David Bowie who continue to evolve and defy expectations all the way up till the very end of their career

lmao

Neil Sedaka

Johnny Cash is one of my favorite artists of all time.

kek

Arca fanboys are insufferable tbqh

True.

They need to calm down and acquire a copy of Izotope Iris 2.

Between 1966 and 1990, the guy was totally irrelevant and reduced to recording gospel songs and novelties while Willie and Waylon ruled the charts.

She's the most relevant artist. You're delusional.

Vulnicura is the Ultimate Break-up album and yet music journalists and jerks in 2016 forget it was even made. Lemonade and A Moon Shaped Pool are garbage when compared to Vulnicura, she's always a few steps ahead of her peers AND nearly in step with younger artists. She got into Death Grips way b4 Bowie did too.

>and jerks in 2016 forget it was even made

They'd care more if Bjork were 30 instead of 50. Shit, even Black Ice was a pretty good album if only the gentlemen behind the control board weren't gray-haired.

Aphex Twin
David Bowie
Most 90's IDM musicians

Autechre do not sound outdated, and neither does aphex twin, he just releases old stuff

The only Bjork album I can think of that sounds outdated is Debut. Everything from Post onwards still sounds fresh and vibrant.

Also, The Cure. Love 'em to death but everything about them is from a bygone era.

I like Bjork a lot but Vulnicura was just alright in my opinion, nothing special. Lemonade is super overrated and A Moon Shaped Pool is just okay too.

I thought the middle section of Vulnicura was phenomenal but otherwise it's decent. I generally liked AMSP a lot, and I've never listened to a Beyonce record.

>Also, The Cure. Love 'em to death but everything about them is from a bygone era.
Sure, I mean Bobby's 80s glam look.

Yeah that's a good assessment of Vulnicura I think. It was actually the first Bjork album I listened to and I moved into her first three after that and thought they were much better though.

I've honestly never been into Radiohead apart from The Bends. And you're definitely not missing anything by not listening to Beyonce.

Kiss. I mean, shit. Their schtick was already outdated in the 80s which is why they got rid of the makeup, but then years later put it back on so Gene Simmons could milk nostalgiabux out of people until him and Paul die.

Bowie.

youtube.com/watch?v=8g4ygMGXU7Q