Post Artists you cant stand

>Devin Townsend

I hate everything about this guy from the way he looks to the way he sings his music is the ultimate fedora core.

Everything about his song "Juular" is cringe

youtube.com/watch?v=n-DKs0qfdEk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eDm8VrFrUf0
youtube.com/watch?v=tiDHtKlFIw0
youtube.com/watch?v=-aOy7bEkbCU
youtube.com/watch?v=2_vOX3s9f_w
youtube.com/watch?v=1NMYtIUm6pc
youtube.com/watch?v=FADd5rAznOc
youtube.com/watch?v=Qcg9fMEbLqw
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5eEJLdtAqU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah from an intentionally silly album.

Something actually heartfelt:
youtube.com/watch?v=eDm8VrFrUf0

Something crazier:
youtube.com/watch?v=tiDHtKlFIw0

Happy to hear that Devy is causing some meme parrot so much distress.

this is a great fucking song: youtube.com/watch?v=-aOy7bEkbCU

His music makes me wanna puke. I can't believe I share a board with people who would listen to this on purpose

Don't be so judgmental. Devin Townsend is obviously extremely talented. That said, he's goofy, and like all artists/entertainers with comedy, they're going to rub some people the wrong way.
I love Strapping Young Lad. Most of what I like is sort of lo-fi underground/alternative stuff, so naturally I wish I liked Ween. Ween are considered a contemporary of a number of my favorite bands, and Ween are obviously extremely talented. But the fact of the matter is, I can't fucking stand Ween because their humor and style just irritates the hell out of me. That doesn't mean Ween are bad or that their fans are bad, it just means I can't stand Ween. Similarly I can understand why a person wouldn't like Devin Townsend, but just because he irritates you doesn't mean you should judge his fans. This isn't like some trash music like ICP. Devin Townsend is incredible at what he does, it's just that you don't like what he does.

youtube.com/watch?v=2_vOX3s9f_w
hevy devy is a cool dude

From everything I've heard from him, only SYL was kinda good, everything else is just lame chug-chug riffs, generic ambient synths and badly sounding drums. And I don't care about comedy rock stuff, who even listens to this shit for pleasure?
He produces great amount of music, but only few of it is actual quality stuff.

seems to me this is sarcastically absurd

Mac Demarco has always rubbed me the wrong way, something about the "laid-back slacker music" seems very inauthentic, like he's trying hard to be known for that "aesthetic" instead of letting the music speak for itself, like actually talented indie/slowcore bands managed to do without resorting to gimmicks.

>Intentionally cheesy music video from an absurd album is cringe
Get the stick out or your ass, he's a very talented singer and prolific songwriter.

Just listen to this masterpiece

youtube.com/watch?v=1NMYtIUm6pc

>a very talented singer
nothing remarkable about his voice.
>prolific songwriter
you can't just make a lot of songs, you have to make GOOD songs.

Let's see
>lame chug-chug riffs
yep, checked.
>standard synth preset/samples
as usual.
Classic Townsend.

youtube.com/watch?v=FADd5rAznOc

>He will never be broke, on drugs and angry and make weird metal that sounds like youre trapped in an abandoned but some how still partially functioning production factory having a mental breakdown

let's see what we got here
>bitter, terse response

>predictably bland non-factor's opinion
ok

typical embryo

Ocean Machine and City are the shit. Everything else is pretty hit or miss for me. Alien and Ziltoid are overrated but albums like the New Black and Infinity are underrated. He loads his albums with filler though, especially after he started the project series. Also his music was the soundtrack to my teen angst

kenny G

>lame chug-chug riffs
This music is so layered that it's obviously not riff-centered
>standard synth
Can you provide an example of non-standard synth sound?

as someone from north montana I must agree with you both

those two clowns have always irritated me and although their music can be good I still wish someone would slap the LE SO SILLY out of them

>there are people in this thread seriously defending Mehvin Townsend

>nothing remarkable about his voice.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qcg9fMEbLqw

Can you at least hear the heavenly product of whatever this song is even composed of?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5eEJLdtAqU

looks like a metal milo yiannopoulos

Don't you fucking dare lower based Milo down to his level

>tfw Milo will never tarnish your boipucci

you can't lower milo, he's the epitome of rock bottom
if he made music he'd make a fitting OP pic for this thread

Stop hating on based Devin faggots.

How can the video for vampire not make you smile?