/daily/ - "gets for harambe" edition

It's the best day of your life!

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, do tourneys (unless if you're Jangle, in which case they will crash and burn), post memes, don't talk about music, argue about opinions, fight with other generals, just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>topsters that works all/most of the time

topsters.net/
>a cat in the server room keeps on pawing at the power strip and turning the website off

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>play music or overlong and unfunny meme videos with avatars that crawled out of the uncanny valley

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>hipster plug

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our secret Skype group. Nobody will tell you anything, but it's fun to try.

Most importantly, circlejerk!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/find/userchart?usernames=ProphetJoe,aqam,TheHeroSteve,regency,Mart1n26,caviarrr,chriggy,mittbarns,CometOnABus,DamoEye,Dams_jans,DiscordantJangle,bksbeat,vDrop,emptySHELL,Eruditey,echandl2,FlyingIceWizard,hamishtarah,StuffRodHeardAfterAugust,daschial,Mecoptera,herb_guy,HeyAnonAccount,I_AM_FISH,eamonntheblade,Jangle_Bojangle,Jenkins_Webster,Jimbon,Jim_Jazz,fourthofjulie,Wata,karenin,isthatplanegonnacrash,JackAnderson94,hibakushyo,Luusydhitee,TEthearbiter,nothingandnowhere,Mimrelund,_natkingcole_,Youraei,Crawling_Chaos,oneothe,vApOrzfuok,fugitivus,virgosupercluster,Bogler,ricebeansandegg,migosandmingus,smurmelade,Shamepai,sobbing,ngolokante,Somedumbcunt,sshx,plherrera,prostagma,heimo,Magus_The_Sexy,turtlesforbreakfast,LoveofLife,CreepyZalgo,trianglecubed,minermonster,yamir
rateyourmusic.com/list/minermonster/my_friends_favourite_albums/
youtube.com/watch?v=iHJjSSrR6x4
youtube.com/watch?v=fkfjQrlXo1g
specialawardrecords.bandcamp.com/album/oblako-lodka
youtube.com/watch?v=K6LA7v1PApU
youtube.com/watch?v=NhRImdUT06Y
novelapasteril.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=bl7PQCGOhto
youtube.com/watch?v=VeOlPQqJR-o
youtube.com/watch?v=hiyvw5AD-C8
youtube.com/watch?v=1Li-O9a73J8
youtube.com/watch?v=Eeriu2FoUog
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for the
*breath in*
bois

more like /gayly/ am I right fellas

Stevie?

Harambe was a good nigga
I loved his feature on TPAB

I have no idea what to listen to today, redbull me on some good music (spoonfeed) pls.

Basic Channel

text goes here

Quick review

Paul Rooney - Lucy Over Lancashire
Spooky little british girl free-associating about capitalism, the devil, dub, and radio with some dub-ish music playing in the background. One of the most british things I've heard in a while. This has meme potential.

Mark And
Vinter
GFR
Shamepai
Kanzler

we can start anew with this chart if you guys want, it got kinda lost in time pretty quickly. add yer ratings and rating systems.

Morley Loon - Cree Songs (1972)
>native american music

Nice enough while it lasts, but there's no substance to these songs really, and it's all over before a lasting impression can be made. Pretty guitar, chanting, songs over. Do that 6 times over and you have this EP. It's a shame that it's forgettable and too short, because what's here is actually really pretty and enjoyable, it's just that the ideas here are awkwardly crammed together in 2 minute long songs and not given any room to breathe or flourish, making the EP just seem like a wasted, albeit still pretty good, opportunity.

2.5-

இளையராஜா - Solla Solla: Maestro Ilaiyaraaja and the Electronic Pop Sound of Kollywood 1977-1983

amazing filmi music

*takign a pee* ahh.... the juice is LOOSE myd udes

wtf

guys how do i get in the skype thing i asked rod thru skype and he was like 'oh youre not on it?' and he didnt fucking add me

neat post

> I'm gonna add him in the morning when he messages me back

he's barely online i think cuz he's not neet

owned kiddo

This is Jangle's right? Good job desu.

also someone answer this

>meme potential
Oh boy. I've made a plan to rec this to anyone who wants an EP anyway.
Yeah I guess we should try cleaning up the chart.

Chart of /daily/'s favourite albums
Interesting, but not very surprising

rateyourmusic.com/find/userchart?usernames=ProphetJoe,aqam,TheHeroSteve,regency,Mart1n26,caviarrr,chriggy,mittbarns,CometOnABus,DamoEye,Dams_jans,DiscordantJangle,bksbeat,vDrop,emptySHELL,Eruditey,echandl2,FlyingIceWizard,hamishtarah,StuffRodHeardAfterAugust,daschial,Mecoptera,herb_guy,HeyAnonAccount,I_AM_FISH,eamonntheblade,Jangle_Bojangle,Jenkins_Webster,Jimbon,Jim_Jazz,fourthofjulie,Wata,karenin,isthatplanegonnacrash,JackAnderson94,hibakushyo,Luusydhitee,TEthearbiter,nothingandnowhere,Mimrelund,_natkingcole_,Youraei,Crawling_Chaos,oneothe,vApOrzfuok,fugitivus,virgosupercluster,Bogler,ricebeansandegg,migosandmingus,smurmelade,Shamepai,sobbing,ngolokante,Somedumbcunt,sshx,plherrera,prostagma,heimo,Magus_The_Sexy,turtlesforbreakfast,LoveofLife,CreepyZalgo,trianglecubed,minermonster,yamir

Were you expecting a non-poseur chart desu

>Closer but no Unknown Pleasures
baka desu senpai

No, I just hoped there'd be some I haven't heard of.
Also Suicide, TMR, WL/WH, and This Heat need to be higher.
The Seer and Madvillainy should be lower

all imo of course

don't trust the rym algorithm, it does weird things in terms of placement on those lists.
also it excludes archival and live albums which is why Daikanjyo and Les Rallizes aren't on there

it's a fucking bummer to find out you don't actually love your "favorite" albums as much as you thought you did

Yes, you have to pm me your 5 favourite paintings, your 5 favourite record labels and your 5 favourite harpsichord players. If you're patrician enough I'll invite you.

the algorithm is love

rateyourmusic.com/list/minermonster/my_friends_favourite_albums/

There's also this btw

same

Is there a single Sup Forums related list that isn't topped by The Slints - Spiderman?

Ewa Demarczyk - Ewa Demarczyk śpiewa piosenki Zygmunta Koniecznego (1967)
>poezja śpiewana

Such incredibly passionate and wonderful music. If the album was for some reason just Demarczyk's vocals I'd still love it, because not only is her booming voice captivating, but the way she enunciates her lyrics is just incredible. But it's not just the vocals, there are also some absolutely incredible arrangements here as well. "Taki pejzaż" in particular just has a fucking perfect, powerful, cinematic arrangement, and that coupled with the vocals is just wonderful. Sometimes it gets simpler and poppier, and while these moments are still good, they can't match up to the denser, more intricately arranged moments. Wonderful, wonderful album.

3.5+

>slint
>coil
>velvet underground
not my favorites, I assure you

>"Women will never understand this"-core
>nyarl hates them

hmm

probably not gonna be posting here anymore, sorry. just doesnt seem like my kind of crowd.

youtube.com/watch?v=iHJjSSrR6x4

>tfw I enjoy every artist on here other than Liturgy and Whitehouse
Am I that much of a poseur?

bye

have a nice life then, sorry about all of it

who are you

good taste

o/

Yay, really glad you're liking my stuff :)

hey where did you guys find that oblako lodka? only one I have left but haven't really been able to find it.

youtube.com/watch?v=fkfjQrlXo1g

bandcamp
specialawardrecords.bandcamp.com/album/oblako-lodka

Why do I never think of this? Thanks!

How about kys

youtube.com/watch?v=K6LA7v1PApU

How about you fuck off until you can find something nice to say

We should do a strawpoll (or equivalent) for worst album

Sorry about that, enjoy the rest of the music you discover

youtube.com/watch?v=NhRImdUT06Y

Well that sucks
Well i don't think there was a reason to expect weird albums. You probably won't get any through this process. However, maybe if you let /daily/ brew for even more years assuming We have the same people the list will display some quite odd albums

You guys should listen to my music
novelapasteril.bandcamp.com/

Delete /daily/.
Ban /daily/ posters.

youtube.com/watch?v=bl7PQCGOhto

do eet

Official THREXIT supporters list: JimJaz, Sdc, Thom.

youtube.com/watch?v=VeOlPQqJR-o

/ E X O D U S /

+Julie, Moonjacques, Talking Cat Bob, and Abelian

me me

Okay. I'ma finish this

Rolling

i thought i was dying but i actually just hadn't had coffee in a while

T H R E X I T
H
R
E
X
I
T

youtube.com/watch?v=hiyvw5AD-C8

i love this album tbqh

The difference between a THREXIT supporter and those people is that while THREXIT supporters whine about the threads being shit they can't stop shitposting and bringing the potential for quality discourse down, while those guys just left like the decent human beings they are.

So do We hit the report button or is this a meme

i miss chad

The time SDC said sorry for encouraging suicide is literally the only time he has made a post that wasn't shitposting.

>mfw I'm not in the pic '_>'

Btw guys, how about we stop this tripfaggotry and circlejerk, I mean Sup Forums hates us and I can understand well why. This is all to autistic and pretentious. What do you think?

there is literally nothing wrong with being autistic and pretentious

Neufag.

It is a meme but we also do hit the report button.

>Everyone on /daily/ gets banned again for misusing the report function

Yeah it seems like these threads are gradually becoming less about music.

That said, who cares about whether Sup Forums hates us? Sup Forums is shit anyways

Arvo Part et al. - Tabula Rasa
There are some pretty legit emotions in this thing, was really nice, didn't know what to expect and I was more than appeased by it
whaddya want a full blown analysis, dinnae have time for that son, this is daily

Burial - Kindred EP
Also nice, much better than untrve in my onion
The songs kind of evolve out of themselves, they definitely have more depth (and girth), there's more breathing room altogether

will probably be afk for a while, friends want me to get drunk and watch tv with them in the middle of the day like single mothers having a gatho whilst the kiddies are at school
then I have work for the rest of the week, fml, no free time

It's our master plan. Delete /daily/, ban /daily/ posters.

>David Bowie - "Heroes"
Finally, Eno actually adds to this album rather than detracting from it. The ambient tracks are so much more interesting than they were on Low and Heroes is just a masterpiece. Still not perfect but this album is a lot more consistent than Low. Heroes alone could make this a 4/5.

>Magazine - Real Life
Another band where I'm wondering what took me so long. Somehow I didn't know that this is what Howard Devoto went on to do after his short lived Buzzcocks career. I liked the use of the keys, they complimented the rest of the music really well rather than overpowering like a lot of synth tends to do. 4/5

2 synth albums in a row and I like both wow.

because whatever is music related in here are the most boring and pointless aspects

i dont think i found anything cool through a /daily/ review, even an insight, for as long as i was here, or maybe i did i really dont know but it's likely

You know, why don't We Wait for everyone to add They're rating system and then We add the ratings? Or how about We rate it in the RYM list and then fill the chart?

>i dont think i found anything cool through a /daily/ review
Huh, I find tons of stuff. Even just by looking at charts and thinking "huh, that's a nice looking thingy".

Implying
>I liked the use of the keys
isn't insightful as shit

youtube.com/watch?v=1Li-O9a73J8

>how about we stop this tripfaggotry and circlejerk
"Delete /daily/, band /daily/ posters." - Sir Dumb Cunt of Hungary
>autistic
True
>pretentious
I don't get the /daily/ is pretentious meme but ok.
>these threads are gradually becoming less about music
I wouldn't say that. There's just more memeing going on. A lot of the time, they're music related memes so that's ok.

Also I agree with Warm Sofa, I've found loads through posting here.

I'm not sure anyone pretends that their reviews provide much insight, they're just for us to say what we've listened to and maybe start a conversation about it I guess. At least that's what I do my crappy reviews for.

Hey, at least We are not /rym/

seriously hope this mucore shit is ironic

pow pow pow pow
bitch im bustin at em

>i don't get the /daily/ is pretentious meme but ok.

damn
well i'm still gonna listen to the albums you picked for that shared chart

kek

>Yeah it seems like these threads are gradually becoming less about music.
I love those digits
and yeah you're right, but i'm still trying

PIC RELATED, IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD.
I'm totally disheartened though, it seems that Insect Warfare EP and the music of World are the only proper noise-grind music. i'll have to make some for myself some day!

i'm also totally in love with Thorr's Hammer, a pre-Sunn SOMA/greg anderson act.

anyone have any recs for a metal group with a female on vocals who can get a really low growl? Thorr's Hammer may have spoiled me

the fuck are you meming about how could you not find anything through here music wise

daily should be more pretentious if anything desu

William S. Burroughs - Call Me Burroughs

welp, just gonna state the obvious, it's just Burroughs reading excerpts from his own work (doing it amazingly t b h). never actually got to read him, but now apparently I have to, it's p great

What does "Les Rallizes Dénudés" actually translate as?

it doesn't prove a point, most music is bad

I would assume that's someone using the sellmeagod rating system? Whose RYM is that?
Too many memes for us to become pretentious desu.
I think it's a made up name.

The stripped Rallizes

youtube.com/watch?v=Eeriu2FoUog

dénudés means naked, Les Rallizes would just be the name of the band since I don't think rallizes is a word

Well, I love the "circlejerk" and meme side of Daily and without them I wouldn't be here probably, but beside from that I love the music we listen in here and thanks to chart I found a lot of new stuff

Not pretentious people enjoy most of the music tho :^)

See >Whose RYM is that?
Kanzler's, I just couldn't really find a meme curve so I used his instead lol

i understand it's bound to be so since they're all simply first impressions. sometimes i think what's there even to discuss about music that doesnt come down to no start/stop liking things but i know how silly that thought is i mean

it's literally been made as a parody, don't fret
why would you hope for that though?

i still don't get the /daily/ is pretentious meme but ok.

well at least in the last couple months i, personally, according to my own interests, not speaking for anyone else, haven't im almost certain. i could actually try and chart out what i have found over the last 1.5 years, maybe

let's rally for de bixnood

>Most of their music was disposable, an inept imitation of the Velvet Underground occasionally decaying into childish mayhem.