mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reverb.com/price-guide/guide/17578
youtube.com/watch?v=mMPfYYE5CBE
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/msg/5687240327.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP and guitarnewfag, been playing for 2 months and still very bad. Perhaps someone with a bit of knowledge can explain why people intentionally ruin and mark their guitars to look old and well worn when they're not.

It's literally just for looks. People like old things now, so they make their guitars look "vintage" even though they aren't.

What are some of your favourite Ring Mods?

Old style nitrocellulose laquer will wear down like that over time and use. People want that look to be hipster, but won't spend the time required to play a guitar for a decade and more for it.

I thought I wanted a tele, but I went and played one today and didn't like it at all. I like everything about the strat except the looks what do I do

Buy a jazzmaster

So it's basically just posing to look like you've played the fuck out of your guitar, when in reality you haven't. So basically newfagging a guitar.

Yup. If you buy a relic you are a poser.

Buy a strat in a non retarded colour or
but get a Japanese one and keep the stock pickups. People always complain about them sounding too "strat-ish" but I quite like them especially paired with the mememaster body + scale

This, relicing is shitty, and it's a way for people to scam others.

From the other threads I've seen, you guys like buying second hand. Did I fuck up by buying a 2016 Gibson sg standard brand new?

r8 my recording studio

I've posted this guitar on another thread before this one but here you go Sup Forums my 40$ guitar I also bought a 10$ alongside it

If you've never played guitar before and you pay over 300$ for a guitar then you're doing something wrong

looks good m8

I wipe my ass with 300$ son

I'd spare a ring mod for a good octave up fuzz pedal desu. you get similar klang noises but don't need a graphing calculator to use it.

At least you can still buy a guitar with the shit stained money, I bet guitar center will have no problem with a little shit on their hands.

How do i adjust a fucking acoustic guitar with high accion?

fuck guitar center, I buy vintage guitars from collectors just to smash them

ow the edge.jpg

Welfare tier.

Not really, you'll have to play that fucker for a good couple of years to justify it though unless you're a filthy reseller.

justin guitar best place to learn if you dont have access to a good teacher? Been doing it for a few weeks now for hour or more everyday, any tips?

SORRY I CANT HEAR YOU I WAS BASHING THE OLD FERRARI SPYDER WITH THE OLD '59 LES PAUL IN MY 30 CAR GARAGE

>Welfare tier.
>being a wagecucck

taking weekly lessons for a few months is a great way to get to the point where you can teach yourself properly. but you need to go in knowing what is it you want to be taught if that makes any sense. a lot of guitar teachers don't really have any sort of plan they go by and just teach you what you ask them to teach you each lesson.

Hey /gg/
A friend's gonna sell me a near mint squier jazz bass for 100. Is this a good deal? Worth it?

What does /gg/ think of the Highway One strat? Is it worth it as the cheapest American made strat, or am I better off saving a few hundred bucks and getting a MiM?

What series? Because that would be a really good deal for a vintage modified squier.

a lot of the hardware is the same as mim so i'd get the mim and then maybe change the pickups down the road. i know the techposters here will say that mia isn't a meme but the highway one series sure feels like it.

It's a four string Squier Affinity Jazz Bass. Not sure beyond that. They retail for 200, but my friends trying to get rid of his since he has no use for it and it's near mint, offering me it for 100

Pic related

Well the affinity series isn't that great, but you can't really go wrong for $100

Yeah exactly what I was thinking
I just need any decent bass for recording, and I think this is a great starting point. Don't you? I like that color too kek

affinity is shit but hey 100 bucks goes a long way

Should I install an under saddle acoustic pickup/active preamp w/ endpin jack in my acoustic? It's permanent but it's a nice acoustic I got for cheap. Seems worth it. But I'm concerned about the permanent aspect. I don't want a soundhole magnetic pickup.

Could it really be that bad for what I need it for? I plan on getting a much nicer bass in the future but it's just for now

the pickups on it are shit so I wouldn't record with it desu

but a bass is a bass if u need to record pronto

Are there any humbucker covers that does not have that old vintage look?

I fucking love my highway one (pic related). The jumbo frets sound great and they have some of the coolest looking finishes of any strat model. That said, I got a great deal on mine several years ago and probably wouldn't pay the $700 price tag a lot of them have these days.

You can get anything from standard chrome to plastic and faux wood covers if you'd care to look.

What's your budget? There's Squier Classic Vibe Jazz basses online for around 200 which is probably a much better value if you're set on the J thing.

I started about 2-3 months ago. I went and bought the cheapest electric guitar in the shop. Just to see if I would enjoy it. 1 month on, I'm enjoying it, so I buy an amp. 2 Months on, I can see my self playing for a very long time, so I bought something nice (the SG).

>Soraka
>in my /gg/

get out scrub

Stops bes taking dildos photos. Stops it.

Nice guitar, though, bro.

Bit of a step up from the Epi SG I've used as a daily driver for a couple of years. I'm gonna Frankenphone the fuck out of it once I get some tools sorted. Planning on doing a full overhaul with split actives, refret with jumbo or even fatter frets and do something about that fucking neck diving headstock.

After that? I guess I'll start building my own since the only things I need is a bandsaw and a router to do the job.

I guess for the time being, $200 until I'm ready to invest in a proper bass. Just thought I'd save myself the extra $100 and put into something else like new monitors or another side shitty guitar to play weird tunings with.

>classic vibe
I'm seeing $400.

>J thing
What??

Thanks for the advice again

>J thing
>What??
J is for Jazz
P is for Precision

>dat pic

I know a guy whose dad was a guitarist with a famous popstar back in the 1960's. His dad gave him a top quality old strat when he a kid, and the guy sanded the paint off it, took a blowtorch and hammer to it, and even dragged it off the back of his motorcycle. It sounds great but looks more like it was tortured by a psycho rather than a nice old guitar like this. His dad never forgave him for it.

Can anyone identify these amps? It looks like 2 Fender Bassman heads. Don't know what the guitarists are using lol

>lol
Yeah dude, so fucking funny.

reverb.com/price-guide/guide/17578

I just ran across this while looking for another CV guitar. I don't know why they regularly sell for so cheap.

...turn the truss rod?

Truss rod is for adjusting the neck when it bends, not to fix the action on a acoustic.

If the action is way too high, remove the bridge bit (usually the white shit), level the underside with fine grit sandpaper. If it's too low, make a shim for it out of whatever material you have on hand and sand down to fit.

If you have no fucking idea what you're doing or you are a gigantic bumblefuck in general, get a luthier to do it for you.

ain't that shit hard as fuck on acoustics?

Yo. Coming over from the previous thread. A guy said he and his band might be interested in booking a gig or two with my band in Portland or Seattle. The thread got archived before he replied.

I'm honestly interested in the proposal and was hoping for a response from him. Just taking a shot in the dark, seeing if he comes back to this thread.

Do yourself a favor and buy a 5150 so you can sound like their good albums instead.

tfw

Just got my first bass today and learned to play Cars by Gary Neuman in about 10 mins. What are some other good songs to get started?

That's a good price for that bass. Affinity's have gotten a lot better in recent years. They're not as bad as the affinity's from the 90s/Early 2000s. and I love that finish.

oh boy

that's why punk ethos is cancerous

Gear shown is music videos is rarely that which was used to record the songs they portray.

what are some good exercises for tremolo picking?

also does anyone know where to get surf green amps/cabs?

depends on the band, really

Hey i've been playing guitar for 8-9 years now and im looking for a new guitar. I've been looking at acoustic electric guitars lately and i was wondering what are some decent ones i can check out?

Yeah that was me. I'm in a three piece from Oly.

Sick, so what kinda shit do you play?
We're a four piece from Hermiston, OR, btw.

We play a fuzzy surfy kind of pop with a lot of noisiness. Some of our cleaner songs have some midwest math influence. What's your band play?

Why don't you just buy a cheap cab and paint it yourself. Use paints made for vinyl.

What's your budget?

Hello? :^(

A bent neck can cause high action, especially up the neck.

Not any harder than on an electric. It's the same mechanism.

I say Twinkly bullshit so as to not have to use the 'E' word. We have three out of the four of use writing, so the shit we play varies quite a bit. But it stays within the emo vein. Some of the stuff that I've been writing has been a bit math-ier though.

*of us

Some guitars, especially acoustics and cheap ones doubly so will always have retard action you can't fix even if you adjust truss rod till it splits.

If someone says they want to adjust the action, you don't go fucking with the truss rod. That's sort of my point. Truss rod is for neck adjustment, not for adjusting action.

Money by Pink Floyd, Disco Inferno by the Trampps, Another One Bites the Dust ; all good for bass newfriends

send link to anything pls
i can maybe join you guys if you make it to Chicago i play alotta surf punk.
i might do that im trying to find a 2x15 to get agood dick dale sound but i dont know what the power handling on basman cabs are like.

Start with single notes on one string, focus on getting a constant rhythm with right hand. Add in a simple pattern, focus on making sure note changes with your left hand don't coincide with pick rhythm.

Once you have that shit down, move to doing 2 string runs, then 3 etc. It's all timing and focus, soon enough it just comes automatically.

NZBro, are you here? Are you still selling your stuff? I might be really interested in your orange mustang, shoot me up an email at [email protected], would help a lot if you could get a shipping estimate. Brazilbro here.

Cheers.

New Fang by Them Crooked Vultures.

I really don't understand the mindset behind not using your pinky. Did it since day one, now I have no problem going from 12th to 19th fret on a 25.5"

>what are some good exercises for tremolo picking?
blagg meal :DDD
string skipping coupled with tremolo is super hard though.

You don't deserve it if you don't know it's a Beck sig

any tips on how to make the color stay? i have a painted blue cab but some of the paint comes off with scratches. Anything else i should spray it with?

It's not that hard, most black metal musicians don't play full chords. 2-3 strings at most.

Whipping post by allman brothers
Only happy when it rains by garbage

thanks but im mainly trying for surf rock, Dick Dale style

One more important thing, don't hold the pick firmly, pointed picks help.

Beyond 3 strings it's closer to strumming than tremolo picking, you have to change your approach.
youtube.com/watch?v=mMPfYYE5CBE

play some Dick Dale songs then

they're not too hard

Thanks for the tips man, I'm trying to learn "The Wedge" by Dick Dale and the switching from tremolo picking and then immediately to single notes at a high speed is killing me. Would these Ultex Sharps do the trick?

Well, it would be really cool to line a show up sometime. Especially if you come out this way. We have 1 Portland show booked right now but don't wanna drive too far to play until we have our album out. That should be soon though.

Any tips on how to get more offers/potential buyers on Craigslist?

losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/msg/5687240327.html

Realistically I'm expecting to sell it for $500-550, which is why I bumped the price up a bit. So far all I've gotten are lowballs and trades for shit I don't want. I've had my ad up for about a month now.

Thanks in advance.

should I use a plectrum whilst learning with a classical guitar, or use my fingers?

My plan is to move to electrical when I learn the basic chords and fingerings.

>electrical
I think you mean 'electronical'.

That's a fair price, you should be getting more offers. List it up on eBay and Reverb and accept international sellers?

People buy these all the time to resell on third world countries since they're worth way more there.

That guitar would sell within 24 hours right now here in Brazil for $1kUSD.

Those picks are based af.

>Also accepting a trade for a MIM Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster in Sunburst.
what a shame, it's a beautiful LP

welcome to craigslist, i always get clusterfuck offers of 3 squiers for a $600 les paul. ive never had any money offers just trades. the only one that went well was a Tele partscaster i made with mighty mite and seymour duncan parts for a squier tele with an mim neck and a epiphone flying v