How much does a girl's taste matter to you?

How much does a girl's taste matter to you?

Is shit taste a red flag for you?

No idea, since I've never been with anyone.

I prefer girls that are not into music that much.

I go pee pee standing up

It matters, because I don't want to hear top 40 bullshit every time we are in the car going somewhere, and I don't want to hear "omg, what kind of music is this, turn it off" either.

i really don't care as long as she can shut up about what i like

any 7/10 girl or above doesn't listen to anything but top 40 or boy bands exclusively.

only 3/10s and below would be caught dead listening to anything posted on Sup Forums on the regular

If it's kinda similar to what I like idk
>tfw no qt gf that like grimes

It varies.

If a girl hasn't heard of any of the bands I like, chances are we have very little in common and anything more than a one night stand is probably out of the question.

Unless she's just heavy into something I'm not. Like if a chick listened to nothing but classical, I'd be cool with that, maybe we could learn something from each other's tastes.

I'd say having very different tastes in music is more symptomatic of differences that cause a relationship to fail more than a cause.

If y'all want a blog post, I can tell you about the time I ended a relationship because of her love for a song I hated

can personally attest to this being bullshit

Also true for males.

Post it. It sounds like a Seinfeld episode.

>I can tell you about the time I ended a relationship because of her love for a song I hated

Nah, we don't give a shit.

speak for yourself

No he's right.

I don't fucking care either.

Go ahead, tell it

No, don't.

Not into girls, but generally I don't care as long as they're not obnoxious about it.
If they have shit taste, at least I can have fun taking the piss a little.

Saying stuff like "I don't listen to music" is a red flag for me though. Every person I've met like this has been the worst.

but i care ;(

>How much does a girls taste matter to you

None, if a girl likes shit music just show her some of yours. Taste rubs off. I got my GF into Neutral Milk Hotel, Olivia Tremor Control, Wilco, and REM

I used to say I didnt listen to music before I came to know patricianhood. I just didnt listen because I didnt like what I heard, and all I heard was radio.

I don't really care, but if their taste is really bad I just hope they're not stubborn about listening to new music.

As long as her music doesn't annoy the shit out of me I'm ok with it. It would have to be some fucked up shit like ICP (or most rap in general) or extreme edgy teen metal like anything with "core" in it.

My most recent ex was like this. She was a flute performance/music ed major (later switched to just performance, ugh) and all she listened to was classical, jazz and One Direction. Not why we broke up but it certainly didn't help

have you ever been around a girl?

>I got my gf into Neutral Milk Hotel

I feel bad for the bitch.

>he does not like NMH

WEWWWW

More appropriate question: have you?

>Not into girls
nigga thats gay

Here's the dumb blog post, move on if you don't care

So I had what might sound like a perfectly hedonistic relationship. She was pretty entertaining to be around, conversant in music and books, a solid 8 /10, and had no issues with whatever I did with whoever when we weren't together. She was a trust fund kid from LA with afair amount of daddy's money to spend and I was chronically broke at the time. We both were really into getting high - her on cocaine and me on heroin, primarily. She'd buy both, and I'd hit her in the neck (something very few could do, apparently, and really the she found most attractive in me) with cocaine and then do some smack, or a speedball. As soon as she started rushing, she wanted nothing more than my dick in her mouth.

So here I am, enjoying free drugs and strings free blowjobs and sex from an attractive chick, but... every single time she needed "crash' by Dave Matthews Band on repeat. For like an hour.

And as petty as it sounds, that killed it. So I just stopped coming round

>Genres
>Indie Rock
>Psychedelic Folk
>Lo-Fi (whatever the fuck that is)
>Folk Punk

I'll pass lmao

>Folk Punk
What?

yes. why are you avoiding my question?

I don't really care about "taste" specifically, just willingness to try things outside of the norm.

For example, I don't like metal at all, but if she was into that would be pretty cool because it shows her having at least some taste of her own that just doesn't line up with the absolute mainstream. I mean shit even if she just listened to Top 40 I'd be fine with it as longs she showed some kind of interest in some other creative field, or was orherwise not completely disinterested in music outside of what she was directly aware.

But then again I'm a fucking loser who's never gonna get a girlfriend so I don't know why I'm even hypothesizing about this.

I'm sorry but that's fucking hilarious. Sorry it ended but at least you got a story out of it.

But I'm a gril :^)

you motherfucker.

Well, you just lied to me, so I don't really have to answer your stupid questions.

sounds like every relationship in portland

cheeky cunt

Proove itz

Good call. It was late 90's Seattle, pretty much the same thing

M O N D A K

O

N

D

A

K

>pls be passable

>got my GF into REM
For what purpose?

this, just about anyone that claims to be really into music and has music as a big part of their personality are usually stuck up, insufferable, elitist asshole....like Sup Forums

lol incel

Because Murmur is a great album. Better than the Smiths thats for damn sure.

>Folk Punk

Oh god, has Andrew Jackson Memehad destroyed the good name of NMH this much?

Who are you, and would you like to be in Montieboys?

true

Dude, NMH's name alone makes them unworthy of my time.

It's not as important as other things, though I'm glad my girlfriend is patrician.
When I met her she was into r&b and some jazz.
As time went on I got her into different of kinds of music, we listen to lots of music everyday together.
Some of her favorites are
>Girolamo Frescobaldi
>Johann Caspar Kerll
>Michael Praetorius
>Claudio Monteverdi
>Original Dixieland Jass Band
>Giacinto Scelsi
>AMM
>Peter Brötzmann
>Morton Feldman
>Howlin' Wolf
>Luigi Nono
>Taj-Mahal Travelers
>Red House Painters
>Slint
>Swans
>Bix Beiderbecke
>Duke Ellington
>Evan Parker
>Guillaume Dufay

Stop being retarded. "Ah I don't like NMH because their labels on Wikipedia and their name! God they're so shit!" Fuck off, you cunt. Or at least five reasons for disliking beyond the dumbest shit I've seen today.

>Howlin wolf
My man

>doesn't live in city
>no qt hipster elitists
sorry pal, hope you can afford to move soon

Violent Femmes nigga

>A board about consuming media being picky about breeding partners.

Kek. Your options are already slim pickings, I wouldn't start rejecting people just yet.

It really depends. There are some girls I'd avoid based on the music they like. Music taste can be an indication of crazy.

>i dont listen to music
>only concert ive ever been was the one with an orchesta playing music from the legend of zelda
should i be worried lads?

I didn't say they were shit. I said I wasn't going to listen to them because I know I won't like them. I knew I wouldn't like them when I first heard their name. Believe it or not a band's name is a good indicator of what you'll be hearing when you listen to them. For example, what kind of band do you think Tokyo Blade is?

>swans
when will that Sup Forums meme end?

this

it doesn't matter. Anyone who thinks it matters or thinks that its a sign there won't be any other connection beyond music is horrifically insecure and usually has an extremely myopic view of the world.

>How much does a girl's taste matter to you?

considering most have malleable taste due to lack of exposure, you can kind of sculpt it to whatever you want.

I disagree on the band name thing. I can't only understand not listening to them for their genre; I basically refuse to listen to anything pop punk because I know I strongly dislike the genre.

But band name means nothing. I don't have a problem with a single band name, well except the ones that are stupidly long. But that doesn't prevent me from listening to it.

I think you should at least try it. And if you hate it, then you can say you just didn't like the music. Not "I don't like their name."

Shit taste is the biggest red flag for me. Sure, this can apply to almost anything (clothing, books, food) but to put effort into someone who's taste in music and visual arts is poor and resembling of the shit town I live in rn is the saddest thing.

I'm tired of reeducating sluts into fine music, and hope to end up with a pr0 musician one day as myself by not justifying anyone's plebby opinions in my head any longer.

I've found taste generally reflects how self aware and how much of an individual they are. For someone to know themselves quite well and for them to hold strong opinions and tastes is really important to determining someone's maturity.

>Band name means nothing

This is blatantly false. If a band's name sounds stupid and/or pretentious to you (like Neutral Milk Hotel) chances are good you won't like their music. This has never failed for me in the past so I no longer listen to bands if I hate their name. Having a weird name is one thing but when their name literally invokes a "fuck those guys" feeling in my head, it's a no go. Thankfully there are plenty of bands that don't do that to me so it's not like my taste in music is limited.

Kek it really does.

I bought my sister REM albums (Document and Murmur, if memory serves) when she was in high school to ease her into decent music over the generic pop garbage she was into. She takes after mom though and just doesn't care whats playing as general rule

I'm asshat, btw. I've been here for years and years but it's really sucked of late and all my old trip friends ain't around no more so only sporadically now. But no I don't want to be in Montieboys, whatever it is sounds horrible.

>tfw no qt to listen to grimes and cuddle with

If you've got an ass, I'll kick it.

not very much
people here seem to confuse taste and personality.

I know two girls who both like a lot of the same bands I do, but one is super manipulative / compulsive liar / cheats on all her boyfriends and the other is a spoiled brat who has no real problems but complains all the time.

On the other hand I know a girl who listens to top 40 almost exclusively, and likes shitty movies, however, she is very hard working, determined, caring, super smart and pretty funny.

I would much rather go with the person who likes top 40 but isn't a tool

Yes.

A lot of the ones I know have absolute shit taste, why? If you are about to imply I'm a virgin or something, don't bother. That's the best way to out yourself, Mr. Pick-Up Artist.

Pic related, last slut I entertained for a while. Wouldn't know good music from bad if you beat her with headphones.

>good and bad music exist

When will this meme end?

hello, me

>better than smiths
Kys

What a faggot

Kill yourself

Open mindedness is always a much more desirable trait than "patrician" when it comes to someone you want to talk about music to. And if their taste was the exact same as yours it'd be boring and you'd have nothing to discover or talk about.

GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Women don't give a fuck about "taste" they just want to feel good - if your taste makes them feel good then use it

If they listen to Beach House then you can say you're into it and it adds some emotional depth and vibes that can be positive

What really matters is just knowing what the fuck you're doing in general or else you're gonna be fucked and she's not going to think you're alpha and worth her time

She has to have the illusion - or reality - that you're one of the "alpha" men on some level

Which you can create or live in many different ways, it's up to you

But christ, making women the center of your world sounds so horrible. They really are pathetically trivial creatures in general.

At the same time, you can learn so much from them... honestly it just is something I don't know how to solve, an endless mystery almost

All I know is better to be alpha than a cuck, at the same time though if you get too attached to being alpha, you lose your sense of self and your existence

It's just generally really frustrating and confusing to me with the end result being the sense that I'm literally incapable of relating to or respecting women on any level

I literally just see them as sort of like mentally handicapped children - all of them

I can't respect them

I mean these words

lol what
maybe i'm just lucky, but i'm surrounded almost solely by people who are really into music, and only a couple of them are assholes

I'm probably a minority here, but as a 27 years old girl, I'm a 8/10. Yet I listen to lots of drone, noise, industrial, neofolk, shoegaze, post-rock, jazz, classical, etc. I don't have that much friends tho and I suffer from anxiety. Guess that explains a lot.

So yeah.

does anyone have screenshots or the link to that blog Grimes made about how to make music? been looking for that everywhere! if anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it

fuck wrong thread lmao

I've never dated a chic who liked top 40 but they were pretty plebby at first. but eventually, they would adopt my taste. Bad taste isn't a deal breaker but good taste certainly helps.

>and I don't want to hear "omg, what kind of music is this, turn it off" either.
literally no one does this, this is what an incel thinks girls are like, sorry m8

I know it's hard to imagine that people outside the ones you know exist, you probably have only established neural pathways for shitposting, but don't worry 47 chromosomes-kun, I am understanding. Good for you that you don't find the girls I do. I mean, family don't usually count, but I will be permissive seeing that you are disabled.

Because this tells me you either listen to absolute normie shit, or that the imaginary girls you know are way too good for your own good faggot.

Wisdom.

even in a hypothetical scenario where a girl would say that, why wouldn't you just laugh it off and continue listening to what you want and thus wouldn't matter? you're either spineless or, more likely, incel like i already assumed. there's really no reason to lie, it's just the internet.

how about fuck it ~

i'd be more concerned about her dietary choices than musical choices

>why would you take into consideration other people's opinions, especially if you view them as potential mates?
>what are you, a pussy?

Do you have autism? This is a serious question. Your thinking patterns make very few sense, Mr. Incel

>27
What are you doing here?

i'm sorry, so if i'm understanding this correctly, you don't listen to what you want in your own car when you drive, you're at the mercy at whatever girl you're trying to bang?

This sounds like someone who has never had a long lasting relationship. Or understand people or social norms in general.

i've been with the same girl for 4 years, but i mean, i'm not just going to do whatever she tells me to dude...

This is a pretty average reaction for normie qt's to have, user. You must have really accessible taste if you can come to the conclusion that girls (or normies in general) never say this.

uh huh

If her taste is shit, I just dont talk about music with her. No big deal. If it is amazing, its huge plus.

girls can listen to good music and be hot all at the same time.
Not everybody who enjoys music is a socially retarded basement dweller who only talks to people on Sup Forums
most people who truly enjoy and respect music don't post on Sup Forums at all