Hamilton

What does Sup Forums think of it?

Cultural appropriation: The musical

pretty good

Overrated garbage for white girls who have never listened to hip hop

How? The cast is all POC making rap music

>replying to montee

Like a lame high school history teacher rapping in class to make learning "fun!" but it costs $1500 to see.

It's one of the best musicals ever made. Progressive, smart, appropriately pro-minority and full of catchy hip-hop based songs

it sounds like when your teacher raps

It's alright. Daveed Diggs is pretty much the best part about it.

>Best
Room Where it Happens
>Runner-up
World Was Wide Enough
>Worst
Best of Wives/Women
>Overrated
My Shot
>Underrated
History Has It's Eyes On You

>Best
Of course
>Runner-Up
Guns and Ships
>Worst
Hurricane
>Overrated
You'll Be Back/My Shot
>Underrated
Farmer Refuted

Theatre fag here, none of the girls would shut up about this musical all year. That said, it's pretty good.

You think Hurricane is the worst? Why? It's not the best song, but I think it's a pretty pivotal moment in the story, and the singing itself, even if it's not technically perfect, is pretty enjoyable IMO

>>Overrated
>You'll Be Back
Def agree. All the King George songs in general, really. They're amusing, but it says a lot about the fanbase of Hamilton when the three non-rap/R&B songs are the most popular ones

I think Sup Forums would love Hamilton if it weren't for the fanbase

>Best
Ten Duel Commandments
>Runner-up
The Reynolds Pamphlet
>Worst
That Would Be Enough
>Overrated
My Shot
>Underrated
Southern! Motherfucking! DEMOCRATIC REPUBLICANS!

Also, Best of Wives/Women isn't really a song, it's just an interlude.

>politically correct hip hop made by a wetback

into the trash it goes

WE WUZ PRESIDENTS N SHIEEEEEET

hamilton wasn't a president retard

G-Dubbs and Thomas Jefferson were, though.

I think it's absolutely phenomenal, 9/10.

Sup Forums is so scared of getting girl cooties on their music and letting other people determine what they like just because of the fanbases, it's pathetic.

Well he's never going to be president now

the music is dogshit anyway so it's not like it matters

TFW wetback earns a Pulitzer, Grammy's and Tony's for this POS

That's one last thing to worry about.
One last thing to worry about.

It's all my sister and mother listen to

I've told them to check out clipping for more dabbed and it was pretty funny

>I'm scared of minorities making music and getting recognition for it.

he got recognition because he's a spic

he helped them meet their quota

affirmative action in action

It's less you idiot

>Tony's
You could write the shittiest musical ever, and if it happened to end up on Broadway, it'll get nominated

In my defense, anything (regardless of how good it is or even if I like it) can get pretty annoying when you hear "OmG YAASSSsSS HAMELTUN SUH-LaYYYY" 24/7

I'm not really convinced that a hip-hop history lesson can be anything other than lame, and it's kind of eyeroll worthy to see Buzzfeed et al. say stuff like "the musical sensation all your friends are quoting!" about a production that's still limited to extremely expensive seats in literally one location. Seems like contrived hype for the sake of hype.

Do you actually hear it 24/7 or did you just stumble across a few annoying fangirls a couple of times?

At least it'll soon be in other places, Chicago is getting it in the Fall, and it's insanely cheaper

Well, when most of my classes were with the same theatre students, and all but one girl were obsessed with it, it felt close to 24/7 at times.

well the soundtrack album is ridiculously popular, too

I gave the soundtrack a listen and thought is was lame as hell so I'm trying to give it the benefit of the doubt by assuming that it's meant to be seen on stage and not simply heard.

you're not wrong

you are entitled to you your opinion about the quality of the music itself of course, but your argument about limited access is demonstrably wrong

Limited access to the play, did that really need explaining?

this is true. it's fucking torturous.