What was the first album that made you "get into" music?

pic related was for me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7MM7utgDXro
youtube.com/watch?v=llldhnwn2mk
youtube.com/watch?v=xUW0dSEnMRo
youtube.com/watch?v=BvTBTW2Ym_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Life of Pablo.

sometimes he gets so lonely

youtube.com/watch?v=7MM7utgDXro

No senpai he gets Low-nely :^)

came to post this

seriously anons?

i mean, is not a bad album, but why is so special for you?

this was the shit back in pre-school

>Listening to noise/no-wave before being into music
Good job user

Its just the first full rap album I've listened to and it taught me that rap music can have lyrics,

i was kinda young when i was first listened so it was very influential in how i look at music

Have since seen them live 3 times. I love life!

yup

Found epitaph through youtube back when it was still up,and had recognized the album art after seeing it in here.
This thing changed everything about music for me

I wasn't a pleb faggot that got into music through Sup Forums, so this.

youtube.com/watch?v=llldhnwn2mk

yet here u r

I had been a death grips fan for a while but this masterpiece right here is what got me.

I had listened to stuff before this frequently, but this was the first thing to make me appreciate music as art

The anthony fantano classic review of NMH. Listened to it. Then I checked out Sup Forums and learned i was livin a lie

This was the first album i really got into and opened my eyes to what music could be. Before this album, i never really listened to much music.

Pic when I was like 15 and first learned how to play guitar.

THE BENDS AND STEAL THIS ALBUM BY SOAD

youtube.com/watch?v=xUW0dSEnMRo

I dunno, probably the shit I was exposed to as a 2 year old? pic related

how the fuck do you people go your entire lives without caring about music?

an amazing way to get into music

youtube.com/watch?v=BvTBTW2Ym_I

mine too

when a 13 year old sees an album with a name like that, he's gonna listen to it

IM GON FIND MY BABY

perspective: Im 17, love not only hip hop but jazz, soul, r&b, various rock bans, death grips, and so on.
I only feel like i can objectively look at hip hop tho, I've been a head for about 3 years now

>listen to 00s emo / post hardcore in middle - high school
>hear this
>mindblown at how different music can be
>browse Sup Forums at the time
>decide to try out Sup Forums to find more music

> be 19
> scene kid extraordinaire
> listen to too much metalcore/deathcore
> friends with the head of my uni's 'metal club'
> get together to listen to pic related and smoke weed
> my mind is absolutely blown
> started obsessively listening to music
> tfw now all I listen to is black metal, vaporwave, and shoegaze and I have no one to talk to about it

Are you swedish? I think I know you

For sure, sy is still my favorite band

So you've been into music for about four years? You suck and your taste is garbage. Die.

Tupac - Changes
Kiss Alive 77 is what made me want to start making music

That explains why you have a terrible taste in music.

Probably this. Pretty good start right?

kek

These.

Most importantly this and In Rainbows.

I don't remember.

Nobody said it had to be good albums ;p Everybody here probably started by listening to bad/generic stuff at one point

anyone else? before this it was green day and blink 182 (still nostalgic for me desu) and casual dad rock knowledge

Looking back on it, it was a pretty mediocre and poorly produced album. Loved it when it came out though.

pic related for me as well, OP

a pretty good fucking album to start on

When I was 13.

Sup Forums is only for 18+

absolutely, even tho i did the mistake of starting with it and expecting the previous ones to sound somewhat similar, which is absolutely not the case. After a while i also started diggin HAA and most of Discovery, but RAM is still a fantastic album all around.

That's like brand new, how old are you? Or what kind of rock were you living under

This right here senpai

not that user, but a lot of people think of music as some simple "background noise", that's supposed to be catchy and easy to remember; most of the albums posted here can make you realize that music can go beyond simply being catchy and having an actual meaning, thus making you "get into" music.

>music as some simple "background noise"
wtf? I've never heard someone say this. if you're not gonna pay attention to it why even bother at all. but if RAM is the album that made you get into music you are probably around 16 years old

damn

This is the first album I can remember calling a favorite, but love for bands/artists came before I was ever into listening to albums like I do now.

what did you mean by this

I've always been obsessive over music, but it wasn't a few years ago I got into acclaimed music and classics. Before I'd browse YouTube and Spotify a lot to find new stuff.

The records that blew my mind were TVU&N, ITAOTS and Madvillainy (shoutout to my Sup Forumstants, big ups!)

nice meme 10/10

If it weren't by a retweet from Akira Yamaoka I wouldn't have listened pic related, which would lead me to Andy Stott, and then from there start to develop.
Youtube was a huge hand with that. Almost everything I listened was yt recs.

You're right, I didn't think it through enough. Some of us were lucky enough to get that earlier on. Pic related did it for me

Saw this posted around a few times, eventually it ended up in my YouTube suggestions and I listened to it. I enjoyed it a lot and shortly after I got a What.CD account and started listening to other Sup Forumscore. Before that point I don't think I'd listened to a full album.

stop being so condescending, im not even that guy youre talking to, but most of my family feels that way. "Its just noise" "i dont really care about music" YOU must be living under a rock if youve never heard people say anything close to those..

pretty entry-level of course, but it was the first time when I just sat down and listened to a whole album, and realized how important that was

it was Freewheelin for me, but Bob Dylan was definitely my gateway into music as art and not as mindless pop

this album totally changed things for me for some reason

This album got me into Death Grips and Death Grips is what got me into Sup Forums. It's only ever since I came here that I started to actively look for new music and man am I grateful for it. I hardly listen to Death Grips anymore, but man am I glad they brought me here, this board has introduced me to so much good music. You people suck sometimes, but I secretly love y'all desu.

You guys are fucking awesome.
Mine was Nevermind as well, came out when I was 7 and simply blew my mind. I can still remember the worried look on my mother's face when I used to play with my GI Joes listening to Nevermind.

Looking back it os kind of a Wonder I didn't turn into a school shooter.

This and G-Sides

it was slow riot for me. thought about getting the album cover tattooed on me for a bit because it changed my life for good. got me into music, played gigs, met my wife at a concert, good shit.

Daft Punk is boring as fuck

I wish I could smoke weed with other people, show them Dopesmoker and blow their minds. But most of my stoner mates are not into metal or even music at all.