he always over exaggerates things
His review of Deathgrips...I think Moneys tore is like
"he Screams. At the top. Of his lungs"
and no, no he fucking doesn't.

Maybe

I don't know

OP, what makes a critic "valid"?

Could you repeat the question?

And, furthermore, what makes a critic a critic?

Yes, but he doesn't have an intimate relationship with a few genres. Generally a trustworthy source IMO.

In the digital age where listening to an album you're interested in requires little more than a search on Google or Youtube music critics are completely irrelevant as actual critics. Instead they exist as tastemakers for the mouthbreathing masses that are unable to form their own opinions.

this is what scoring music turns you into

duh

We did it guys

By **valid critic**, I'm asking if he honestly believes in the grades he gives or if he has an ulterior purpose in the way he critiques an album

fuck no

Really he's as valid as you want him to be.

no one is.

The creator of meme review

It was for exmilitary, and he does scream at the top of his lungs at several points

I have no reason not to trust the scores that he gives as his honest opinion.

The question lies on if you'd want to trust his honest opinion...

Don't forget to sage and report these threads.

Only writers can be valid critics.

Snowing is good, even possibly great
That Candy Claws album was good
Chance's Coloring Book was good (not to mention dude was on TLOP; I don't think it's just "viral marketing" behind his success)
Viper is funny
Death Grips is good about 50% of the time
Blank Banshee isn't bad

Fantano has turned me onto things I like such as Loveless and MF DOOM and helped me avoid shit like 21 Savage

Even if there is a giant conspiracy, what they managed to manipulate me into doing is listening to music I've come to like, mostly for free

SPOOKY!

yeah obviously. see i think the better question would be to ask whether he's a credible critic, and of course that all depends on people's opinions on what constitutes as credible or not

is it someone with extensive knowledge on music theory? is it someone who's been exposed to many albums/genres? do you think everyone has equal credibility?

those are more interesting questions to ponder but they're not as funny as your shitpost-y one

His opinions are over valued. Also fuck off fantano.

lol that description of Anthony Fantano is the most autistic thing I've ever read

>He operates a "publication" known as TheNeedleDrop, where he sells his "criticism" of music as entertainment, even going as far as to create a cast of characters for his "reviews," all played by Fantano himself.

""""""""Anthony""""""""" """"""""""""Fantano""""""""""""

lmao

>it's so blatant that I don't even need proof
Everytime

Are there t-shirts with that guy's face? Holly fuck, I thought you guys were just memeing. You must be really pathetic to wear something like that.

anyone can be a valid critic

holy fuck someone took time to make this

You must be this manly to wear them.

this, underrated post. do it more user

You lost all your credibility when you said viper the rapper

lol fucking moron

YOUR NOT THE BOSS O MEE NOWWW YOUR NOT THE BOSS MO MEE NOWW YOUR NOT THEINEITKMT EGBOS F FM

Music is subjective

when will this meme end

music TASTE is subjective, but any "music fan" without dogshit in their ears should be able to recognize and appreciate a well made album and review it accordingly in an unbiased way.

dont forget Zachariah Holte and his small benin

>hipster glasses
>weak chin
>narrow shoulders
>Auschwitz mode
Is that how Sup Forumstants look like?

he made a 7 minute video in rebuttal to a fucking Jonathan Mcintosh tweet, he's gone off the deep end pham

wtf?? how did that post warrant a delete? Is fantano a fucking janitor? If you're reading this herr goebbels you can fuck off.

I agree with a lot of his opinions and I think he's a funny dude, so yeah

go to bed anthony

I like that he is consistently releasing reviews for smaller projects. I've tried out lots of shit just from watching his reviews and finding the descriptions interesting.

As far as being an actual critic, he's okay most of the time. He's generally pretty reasonable, but when I disagree with him, I usually couldn't possibly disagree more. He sometimes dislikes releases for the reason that I like them in the first place, and he tends to use a lot of subjective criticisms rather than actual, academic criticisms as to why he likes or dislikes something, which is okay, but as he says himself, his reviews are literally just his opinion, and not any form of analysis or critique of any given album.

>I like that he is consistently releasing reviews for smaller projects
really? my biggest criticism of anthony is that his curation sorta sucks - nowadays he mostly reviews big/obvious releases. every once in a while he'll review a smaller project, but those are few and far between ever since he started catering more to his hip-hop audience.

he doesn't review nearly enough ""electronic""/bleep-bloop or experimental releases, for instance.

people are gonna yell at me for this but what does bleep-bloop mean? dance music? IDM? electronica? musique concrete? or just electronic music in general?

he writes his reviews

Kek. This so much. I've literally never bothered to find out what "bleep" is.

not him, but I imagine he meant most 'underground' and more 'experimental' electronic shit, more on the 'listening' side of things than the dance side

Not me but I mean that's true, he does have a "brand" based off of other people's work and it's probably quite lucrative for him

bleep in the sense of /bleep/ is dance music (not EDM,) and is in opposition to bloops, which are "listening music" (so stuff like IDM, ambient shit, glitch, etc)
bleep-bloop like he worded it probably just meant general electronic shit

To be fair, he's done reviews of bloops in the past and you can tell it's a real weak spot for him. He has trouble critiquing them cogently (he seems to lack the terminology) even when I agree with the numerical score.

one of the most autistic things to come out of this board

i, for one, think he's WAY out of line
on a different note, why does he look like

>catering more to his hip-hop audience

God this is annoying. Fucking hip-hop fans are the worst.

and he's been to meme school

It makes sense why he does as hip hop is probably one of the most "relevant" genres atm and so the releases are extra hyped, but it's clear at this point that he really doesn't enjoy trap and that seems to make up the bulk of his hh reviews.

Treat as a friend who recommends you albums, nothing more, nothing less.
Listen to what he recommends and then make up your own opinions.
It's not fucking rocket science.

Blank Banshee is bad.