Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RaYvMwQd3cs
youtube.com/watch?v=plL2VDAoThU
boosey.com/cr/music/Steve-Reich-Drumming/1374
nonesuch.com/albums/drumming
sopercussion.com/shop-item/steve-reich-drumming/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's my favourite work by Reich.

wtf is this? nazi music? is this really what people here listen to...

its feels music. special stuff. I like sextet too, and I havent listened to the rest of his stuff.

>nazi music
>made by a new york jew

right has anyone got a link to the original version? the 58 min version.
All the links I know are the longer, more recent version.

Also this is the place to ask: in the "drumming; music for mallet instruments..." album: is there singing on the first track for everyone? should I d/l a different recording if the singing bugs me?

"Yes, yes, repeat the same melody but with different instruments for an hour or two" -Richard Wagner

Stunning piece of music.

>Yeah I like classical music. Steve Reich, the list could go on.

reminder that all of Reich's works are fucking legendary
youtube.com/watch?v=RaYvMwQd3cs
youtube.com/watch?v=plL2VDAoThU

its kinda sad but that's me right now
I've listened to bach, beethoven, mozart, handel, couperin, berlioz, stravinksky ALLLLLL that jazz. But post african repetitions still hold me

stravinsky and a very little bit of beethoven is the only part of that group worth saving

>bach and mozart not worth saving
when will you stop being a contrarian 15 year old shithead
no one with the slightest clue on music will take you seriously if you spew shit like that
what kind of people are you trying to impress with those fabricated hot opinions? toddlers?

I've listened to both of them. My philosophy of music is that 'good' music is more than a series of mathematically pleasing ratios. frankly, it'd be just as accurate to say that the Model T is one of the greatest cars of all time. True, in a sense; but I'd rather drive a beat-up '04 Kia Sorento.

Overrated by dumb Sup Forumsposters.
Fuck off.
Wow you're a fucking idiot. They're the same piece, it's just different recordings you moron.

The fact that people here think they like Steve Reich but no one here has posted Tehillim or Drumming is a testament to why Sup Forums is such a garbage board.

>different recordings
yeah but I'm just wondering why one version is around 10 mins longer than the other :^)
I talked about drumming hereAlso about to listen to telheim for the first time wish me luck

Ah, missed that.
Sometimes there's singing in replacement of one or more of the instruments (not sure how the substitution was intended to work really). Try the later Nonesuch recording of Drumming, or SO Percussion's.

thanks, it did kinda remove a level of immersion from the recording, otherwise it was pretty fantastic.

My future project is fusing northern soul with minimalism

Actually, wait. Apparently the singing has always been a part of it:
boosey.com/cr/music/Steve-Reich-Drumming/1374
That being said, I would say that it is never very prominent or distracting in the aforementioned recordings:
nonesuch.com/albums/drumming
sopercussion.com/shop-item/steve-reich-drumming/

>The fact that people here think they like Steve Reich but no one here has posted Tehillim or Drumming is a testament to why Sup Forums is such a garbage board.

I've been wanting to leave for quite some time now. Can you tell me where to go?

Pretty good, not his best work