Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reverb.com/item/2518082-boissonneault-arch-2016-natural-gloss
youtube.com/watch?v=gw-6IIBXNSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uBINGNIFnGI
youtu.be/qClecZjFxf0
clyp.it/yisjp4zg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I found a used Peavey 6505+ combo in my area for $250 in good condition. My main usage of it would be for recording, with occasional gigging. Should I get it?

if you think it is a good product, you have a need for it, and the price is fair, you should consider buying it

For that price, definitely leaning towards yes. With the 1x12 it'll definitely be loud enough for gigging too.

has inspired me to buy another guitar.

Are you intending to use the effects loop? Because the one it has isn't very good

Whatcha gettin?

[spoiler]Pre-lawsuit Ibanez Les Paul[/spoiler]

Either that or another 540 S in a bright 80s color.

Would you trust a hand made project guitar /gg/?

As in, buying one? When the seller can list me all the parts they used down to the screws and it plays nicely, yeah sure. But I'd still haggle them down based on the fact that it's a parts guitar.

Not if it was just from some random on the internet.

reverb.com/item/2518082-boissonneault-arch-2016-natural-gloss

I mean, it looks good. R-right?

It looks like a child decided to make a Les Paul out of clay.

Have you seen it in person? Based on the pics the gloss finish looks pretty poor, and it seems pretty rough in some places. Check it out, see how it plays and then decide. Don't buy it without checking it out in person, that's just plain dumb.

>reverb.com/item/2518082-boissonneault-arch-2016-natural-gloss
>8 gauge
>Kit guitar pickups
>Thin as Ibanez S LP-style
I can see the appeal to the 'my guitar has to be a special unique snowflake ' crowd but I'd rather get a better deal second hand for that amount.
There are so many unknowns in that one that I wouldn't risk buying it before playing.

is there any trust-worthy indepedent gear review youtube channel or website online?

I figured, I was looking at it with rose tinted lenses I guess.

For all you know, and from what I can tell from the pictures, that's not the work of an experience luthier. That's one of a hobbyists early attempts at making something and going full retard on snowflake factor with that bridge and whatnot.

If you want a kit thingie, do it yourself. There's no shortage of companies selling kits these days.

No. There literally isn't. No big company gives out review samples to people who write a negative word about them.

>5 Legendary Fender Bassists
I only see 2 here, tops

masvidal this some nasty ass robot voice but the riff game so ridiculous
youtube.com/watch?v=gw-6IIBXNSQ

Hey, Roger waters is ok. Smh senpai

buying my first electric guitar with a $600 budget today. my black friend who is great at guitar recommends a mexican stratocaster. What does Sup Forums think? Can't go wrong with Fender right?

Why do people buy mid-end guitars for that price just because they are new and DUDE FENDER LMAO when they can spend the same amount of money on a high-end used MIJ Ibanez guitar.

A used MiM will cost you half that.

Might be just because of the aesthetics. You can even get a barely used high-end MiK for 600€.

not everyone wants a wicked sikk superstrat

>watch this
>decide to give it a try
>guitar goes out of tune if I bend more than a step away
youtube.com/watch?v=uBINGNIFnGI

fuck you steve you cunt

Yeah, you could do a lot worse with your money, they really are not bad, and got better the last couple of years.
Used can be good if you want to spend your time fixing other peoples mistakes. Some people just want something they can play out of the box and can afford it.

>guitar goes out of tune if I bend more than a step away
What the fuck kind of clunker do you have and why haven't you set it up properly?

Roger waters honestly has no interesting bass parts in any pink floyd songs

no amount of setup can fix bad tuners

Then get some new ones, they're not expensive or hard to put in.

no amount of setup can fix a GIO.
;_;

funny enough, it seems that if I bend close to a major third up, it goes out of tune a major third down.

Is that like their cheapest shit ever? It can be fixed, question is, is it worth it?

why wouldn't you buy used? also
>ibanez
meal babies are the worst

Yup, it was the cheapest guitar the store had.
Even if I fixed the bridge and tuner issues, the neck's wood is ass, it's about as stable as Michael J. Fox's hands.

Ibanez doesn't do just RG/S.

>you can only play metal with Ibanez
Nice meme.

money is a good riff and he wrote that

post a good versatile ibanez guitar that's better than a mim fender and at an equal or lesser price

Love this thing. In before cant do metal; she can!

540 S

>superstrat
wow it's revolting looking. also i have my doubts that it's as versatile as a mim strat

there's always something tacky about Ibanez's non-metal guitars that I can't put a finger on

Probably the best looking most comfortable feeling guitar ever desu senpai. It is versatile. Try using more than the bridge pickup, kid.

oh yeah, my bad, he has one notable song; really deserves to be on a list of greatest bassists of all time

The only issue I'd see is maybe feedback, and I don't think semi-hollows have enough resonnance for it.
P90s might be cool as well for stoner/doom/sludge.
I really want to play technical death metal on a semi one day, just to fuck with people.

>i have my doubts that it's as versatile as a mim strat
literally every guitar is versatile, just turn the knobs.

talman are fun

>best looking most comfortable feeling guitar ever desu senpai
lmao

honestly a strat is just so much better as a beginner guitar

>literally every guitar is versatile, just turn the knobs.
blatantly untrue

you can approximate most tones by fiddling with knobs and shit but a hollowbody jazz guitar will never sound exactly like a telecaster

>being this mad you need to buy a knockoff intended for poorfags who can't afford a real guitar
Strats are fat and uncomfortable. Sabers are pure comfy.

Tell me again why it is we valve/tube amp? This thing is SS and, pffft, man you oughta hear it. Whatsmore is how low maintenance it is by comparison.

the shape, layout, and cheap burst on that thing are all pretty tacky to me

Ibanez S are just thin strats m8. They've even got HSS configs for some.

versatile and being able to exactly replicate any sound aren't the same. Cut the bass, boost the high-mids and you'd be able to use a hollowbody for country.

>knockoff intended for poorfags
mim's are easily giggable and are basically american strats without some upgraded hardware

>Strats are fat and uncomfortable.
this has to be bait. strats are the comfiest guitars

try turning it up

>you'd be able to use a hollowbody for country
it's inherently more mellow and warm sounding. sure, you could use it, but it'll never have that telltale bright twang that a tele would

Because a solid state doesn't sound as good when you crank the volume up. The valve amps don't sound as good as solid state when played with low volume either.

That is more dependant on the pickups. Gretsch hollowbodoes sound twangy as fuck

Marketing and snake oil. SS poweramps nowadays are super clean and effective. Plus lightweight. My buddy's Markbass is loud as fuck (probably stadium tier loud at its full potential), and weights like 5kg
Small speakers suck though.

>this has to be bait. strats are the comfiest guitars
S series have the same cutaways and contours as strats. They're just thinner.

>but it'll never have that telltale bright twang that a tele would
I'm pretty sure you'd be able to with a compressor and a lot of EQ.

Wouldn't it be a shame if what you just said was a mimi based on a notion established in the 70s and guitar fags were ignorantly resisting the opportunity to sound as good while spending less and experiencing less maintenance hassle because the industry actually cracked the SS code in 1995?

wait what happened in '95 ?

youtu.be/qClecZjFxf0 happened in 95, and since then, the Roland Blues Cube as well as the Crush line of SS Oranges, and many more that are likely to fly under the radar of one who subscribes to the valve mimi religiously.

Ibanez guitars suck ass and sound horrible unless you want to wank scales or play metal. You can literally do fuck all with them, the necks are awful too.

is the M-II the only decent-looking superstrat?

so some mystery thing is wrong with the electronics on the guitar i got from the pawn a few weeks ago, and now it outputs no sound. what should it cost to get this thing repaired?

about three fiddy

>Ibanez is only for wank-obsessed mealfags who worship Vai and Petrucci

i just want to know how much money to move to my checking before i drive over there, the place has good reviews so i doubt they'd gouge me

>I exclusively play Fender and Gibson because dad told me they were good guitars!

Do you have a multimeter and a soldering iron? If so, free.

It's most likely an abused jack connector though, especially if it's a cheap(ish) guitar.

>Ibanez guitars suck ass and sound horrible unless you want to wank scales or play metal.

if Ibanez made a non-ugly guitar with non-metal pickups and a non-shredder neck I would consider buying one

there are other companies for that though

that thing is tacky af

yeah they never made that and never will

>Ibanez never made a guitar with a thick neck

>Non-metal

please don't be racist user, that black person has all the rights to wear a coyote on his head, that's his culture.

>Do you have a multimeter and a soldering iron? If so, free.
please stop with this shit. i don't know what's wrong with it, so i don't know how to fix it. if i knew what was wrong with it, trust me i'd follow an online tutorial and fuck it up myself

>gear
epiphone sg and a small fender amp

>desired gear
Gibson les paul, vox amp

There's 2 wires per pickup. One of them is ground, usually black wire.

The switch has one ground for all pickups and one coloured wire per pickup.

The jack has two connectors.

Not exactly rocket science to use the diode testing function on a multimeter and giving the jack connector a look over.

nasty, what a terrible burst
decent, would demo

I used to have one of these things and it was pretty sick, sold it though

>Not exactly rocket science
>diode testing function

Sorry, second language and it's been 20 years since I did electrics in school. We called it diode testing back then. I see continuity is what you call the function in english.

So my 'metal' track is still work in progress, at this point I'm considering if I should bother buying an actual bass guitar or a better drum library kit, even though I haven't actually gone and think about what patterns to program.

Can you tell me about the guitar tone?

clyp.it/yisjp4zg

i'm just going to get donny to fix it, called a guitar shop and they said the guitar guy would be in tomorrow. maybe i'll meet some friends

Your kick drum sounds like cardboarded ass. Might be a side effect of the faux bass mixed in.

Ow shit I'm sure that's partly due to the mixing too, I really suck at mixing. Is the faux bass really that bad? Would I get better results with a real bass?

>Would I get better results with a real bass?
You don't get the same impact a real fat bass string gives from dropping down a .46 or whatever gauge you're using.

I'd try to tune the drum sample set you're using first. Also try to separate the frequencies of the various guitar overdubs. Not so that they're entirely separate, but rather so the lead sticks out a bit more if that makes sense.

>dropping down

Nah what I did was record the 'bass' using normal tuning, then transpose it down an octave using the VST host itself. I thought it worked at first with decent results, then again I have never played bass for longer than 3 hours in my life.

Yeah, that's what I meant, fingers don't always follow what the brain is doing.

Well if I were to get an actual bass, what's a good one suited for metal that I can get for maybe a $100? I plan to write a couple more metal songs, but I'm also broke at the moment.

I wish I was a simple man like you

used Peavey Millennium BXP or Squier J-bass

I don't really know, I've been looking at getting myself a low-mid end TRBX304 for that exact same thing.

Maybe an RBX170 which is around ~$280 with passives would fit the bill. Look for second hand as they're really popular starter basses with decent sound.

With $600 you have a lot of options. You can buy a used MiA Strat for that price. You can also get a used MiM for $225-300 and use the rest of the money to upgrade the electronics or save it for when you start to dabble in pedals. What's your current amp? You can probably get a MiM Strat for $250 and use the remaining $350 on a Fender Hot Rod Deville or Deluxe. There's also a lot of good Amps you can buy in that range as well.

I just looked at several around the $100 mark on ebay. Should fit the budget just fine.

First off go visit your local store and test how several of them fit your hand. Apparently most people here love how fender necks/scale fits their hand, I wouldn't play one unless I absolutely had to.

Hnnngh Bassman's are gr8

Do I need a humbucker for the typical metal bass tone? I will just hunt for the cheapest humbucker equipped bass I can find.

Don't know, but I can recommend the Yamaha RBX/TRBX low end line. They're versatile and a metric fuckton of instrument for the money.