Tfw tinnitus

>tfw tinnitus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HGcUJ2Dg3uo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

did you listen at high volumes on headphones/buds?
you did didnt you

>tfw family carries a dominant gene that ensures hearing loss

Fellow tinnitus sufferer here. Just keep thinking user, and never read (or do anything awake) in bed before you sleep. It will minimise your suffering.

Can a wisdom tooth cause this?

I've had tinnitus for all my life, when i was a kid i totally thought that was a normal. It doesn't bother me at at all, you will get used to it user, trust me

Me too user, me too, it's shit.

i got tinnitus too senpai :( it sucks

To anyone reading this, please PLEASE wear plugs to shows. You'll thank me later

Invest ~$25 in a nice pair. Put em in and you'll forget they're there. The music will sound better because the high pitch frequencies and the bass are eliminated, and everything sounds clearer

I have a little anecdote: I saw Mark Lanegan last week, and his band played a song in the encore that was super fucking loud. The drummer and bass player had been gesturing to the sound guy left of stage to turn the bass down throughout the set, but if anything he was turning it up

Anyway in this song the bass was really prominent, the kind where you feel it vibrating up from the floor into your balls. And everyone I could see in front of me were sticking their fingers in their ears and looking real uncomfortable

Don't be those plebs. Wear plugs.

>tfw family carries a dominant nigger gene

I'm glad I've only been to less than 10 concerts in my life. No real noticeable damage so far. As far as I can tell anyway. Last concert I went to was Jeff Rosenstock and I wore some earplugs. I went home feeling 100% fine and no ringing at all. It was completely worth it. Fuck going deaf. I hope it becomes more socially acceptable for people to wear them. I saw a few people at the Jeff Rosenstock concert with them in.

>mfw when I could always hear ringing or humming in silence
I swear everyone has tinnitus but they don't realize

Of course, but only hearing it if you focus on it in complete silence is way different from suffering daily.

Most people have it to some degree, especially if you play an instrument. Tonnes of musicians have it. Get the fuck over it. You can get it from playing a fucking saxophone too loud for long periods of time without hearing protection. Why are people on Sup Forums such pussies?

>Of course, but only hearing it if you focus on it in complete silence is way different from suffering daily.
>mfw I've had my first suicidal thoughts because I thought I have had tinnitus and hearing loss, and the stress only made it worse
To anyone that is in the same position I was, NOBODY CAN HEAR SILENCE.
And to people with actual tinnitus, survive just a few more years, robot ears are coming.

>Accepting Your Deaf

that is my worst nightmare, very sorry for you friend

I'm a noise pleb but I'm seeing Boris and Earth next month. Can someone suggest good habits to get into?

I was told it won't even really be enjoyable without earplugs so I borrowed foam ones like pic related from a gun nut friend. Is that the right choice or should I look into another kind of plugs?

Foam works fine

The pic I posted are better but yeah any shitty plugs are 1000% better than nothing at all

If you see Boris w/o plugs your ears will get fucked up, no question. During the show it will be a wall of noise (I guess that's kind of their thing, but you know what I mean) and afterwards your ears will ring for days, and it'll probably stay like that, like it did for me.

Only-has-volume-high-enough-that-you-don't-get-a-"high volumes can cause hearing damage"-warning master race reporting in

youtube.com/watch?v=HGcUJ2Dg3uo

how do I get my gf to were earplugs she told me she goes to noise shows without them

i like talking to her and i don't want her to go deaf

Boris sells ear plugs at their merch table. Buy a pair. If you don't wear ear plugs you will sustain permanent hearing damage. They don't fuck around with amplifier worship. The last time I saw them they ended with Vomitself and my whole body was vibrating for 10 minutes.

So what's the point of playing your music so loud that your fans get permanent hearing damage?

it's so you can feel it

>these short simulations
Holy shit this is terrifying

Having a desk fan by your bed and a box fan in the living room/kitchen will make your life so much better. Something about the low frequency makes it impossible to hear the ringing.

It sounds like you anons are exaggerating. Some of the bands you're talking about are MASSIVE bands that sell out pretty big venues. Boris is on a US tour right now where they will play for thousands or tens of thousands of people and get mainstream music industry coverage possibly even from like Rolling Stone or something. You're saying these are all people that are gonna suffer permanent hearing damage if they don't take super specific steps to a void it?

Yes.

Don't fuck with your ears, man, or they'll fuck with you

It's a low effort meme that became overplayed the day it was popularized.

We can literally make one on Sup Forums right now and if we repeat and spread it enough, that wouldn't make it particularly witty or funny, it'd just showcase the successful spread of an idea.

In fact, let's try and do it right now. Let's get em back, Radiohead. A band that will trigger the lwg crowd. Radiohead? I liked em better when I was a kid and they were still called "the sound a toilet makes when you flush".

I'm partially stealing this meme from Sup Forums where Rei Ayanami is called a toilet and we have no idea why, only that she's called this and that it triggers fanboys like me who think she's best girl. That is to say that if this meme were to spread successfully, it would have about the same results and effectiveness.

i think you're in the wrong thread

Earbuds are the gayest fucking shit ever. All of you are faggots

Personally I think being blind would be much worse

Although you wouldn't think so it's must worse to be deaf than blind as far as functioning goes. You have to remember that your equilibrium and sense of balance is in your ears. Your brain uses your sense of sound to understand distance and spatiality and to create a sense of where the fuck you are at all times

>album is mixed low
>have to crank up volume to hear anything
>a billion unnecessary warning signs
>switch to something else later
>cranked up volume annihilates ears
>no warnings

>not always turning the volume down before you start a new album

also, what kind of shit player gives you volume warnings?

>implying my sense of balance isn't already fucking garbage
I get dizzy just turning around.

Built in Android shit.

weird. I don't listen to music on my phone, so i never ran into that

I know that shit OP.
Rainymood + sleeping pills does the trick for me with regards to being able to sleep properly.

Does anyone else's tinnitus get better/worse during the day? Mine is always at its worst in the morning but it kinda dies down towards the evening.

Evening for me, especially when I'm going to bed, because it gets quiet around me, so I hear it more, and the more I listen to it, the louder it gets.

thx, known about it since very young so been able to delay the inevitable a bit

i have pain in my knee i think thats worse

Not necessarily true, it doesn't work via sounds
It's a different organ that mediates balance, actually moderated way more strongly by vision than sound

Not saying deafness isn't horrible, it just doesn't necessarily fuck with your balance

>tfw anxiety induced tinnitus

Since when you have tinnitus?
I am 20 and since 18

>Socially acceptable
I dont even see the problem really, and even when their in and discreet like alpines theyre so unnoticeable.

Show her tinnitus samples.

those plugs will muffle the sound too much

you can get plugs similar to these for $10-20 at Walmart or Amazon, and they work much better at still allowing you to hear the music while cutting out dangerous levels of noise. It's worth the investment

>tfw tinnitus from marching band
Was totally worth it 2bh.

I have a homemade white noise generator that I play all the time when I'm not listening to music or producing at either a low volume and/or with a low pass filter on it.
It's not distracting at all, and it helps a lot.
During the summer I have a fan in my room, so I turn off the white noise generator.