Wow this is horrible

>of montreal
>actually of athens

If you are deaf and hate good music then it is definitely one of the most horrible pieces of music.

What exactly do you like about it?

Sounds pretty good to me.

its pretty good

I like it, feels like a modern sequel to Hissing Fauna. Better than Aureate Gloom for sure.

I think it's pretty good, Like a sequel to paralytic stalks

By horrible you mean album of the year

No that's not what I mean you fucking piece of shit

320 or v0 plzzz guize

Sonically the past two OM have been somewhat monochrome, but in a glorious off-beat way:
Aureate Gloom was definitely post-punk and no-wave inspired but the lyrics start getting off-putting for the first time.

Lousy With Sylvianbriar, is one of the greastest psychedelic/paisly country album that Barnes pays tribute to the sounds of his Georgian/Southern upbringing in a melodically sound and lyrically arresting experience, but once again the album is spent gyrating on a single sound pallet.

Whereas this album recalls Paralytic Stalks/Hissing Fauna/Skeletal Lamping, AKA the holy Of Montreal trinity where a synthesis of styles and sounds are restlessly on displayed.

Innocence Reaches has a great tracklisting and overall sequencing that feels like it is assesing new ideas and sounds like Trap-like drums one moment, futuristic modern pop like Chairlift another, glam rock and funk on another, kraut rock "Les Chants de Malador", honky tonk cowboy glitter on "Chaos Arpeggiating". It's a very heady blend. Vocally Barnes sounds particularly strong too, dipping his vocal dips into all sorts of directions.

Of Montreal/Barnes is making music for music sake, sure he took a little Outback money but he tours like a mad fiend and gives the best indie rock show you'll likely see in terms of production and sounding better than the album.

it's p bad

Les Chants de Malador is literally nothing like krautrock

Definitively better than Aureate Gloom. I especially like the electronic stuff in it, reminds me a bit of the ones in Age Of Adz

>reminds me a bit of Age of Adz
you've convinced me to listen to this now, this better be good

prepare for dissapointment. listen to paralytic stalks instead

their last two albums have been awful despite having 10/10 opening tracks, hopefully this is a change from that though by the cover art i'm not too sure

>tfw Aureate Gloom is one of your favourite oM releases but everyone else hates it

"Chap Pilot" then

Nursing Slopes is great, sound like a lost sunlandic track.

The only not so good song are the jam band tracks like les chants, chaos and Abysses, but even then there decent tracks just not as mind blowing like the electronic tracks

Best track is either IDFG or ASAPt

The electronic sound is only on a few tracks and the music is still very different from AoA, so don't go listen just for it.

nice album. only track i can't really get into is nursing slopes

But thats the best track nigga

what dont you like?

If by piece of shit you mean

Every song sounds like an outback steakhouse commercial

Album rocks, honestly the most diverse sounds in a single record yet.

A sport and a Pastime is the vocal masturbation track I needed.

I was converting the WAV files to mp3 online but then Chrome crashed. Really hoping for a 320 link.

flac link is in the sharethread with the cover

As a long time OM fan, Kevin has a masters grasp when working with synths and it shows in this album

im enjoying it so far

Chap Pilot is even less "krautrock".

Krautrock is my favorite genre and of Montreal are my favorite band; you're just an idiot. The word you're thinking of is "repetitive"

get LameXP mofo

Kevin's voice sounds so weak :/

This album is better than his last two albums. The only terrible tracks are the opener and Gratuitous Abysses. I can really hear in the later tracks that he wasn't lying when he said he'd been checking out Arca. I'll do another listen and actually write a good review.

I'm halfway through and not too impressed. The ending of Les Chants de Maldoror was really cool though.

>Why should I be scorned like some catalyst for famines
>When it's me who's been exiled in apartments?
>Oh must I always be chaos arpeggiating?

Best hook on the album, hands down

very soild. really like the more electronic tracks but they're all p good imo

bad

sry meant Great

good

its good so far, i like all of their albums

It's not age of Adz friendo

Some great songs, but nothing like that masterpiece

of montreal hasnt been consistently good since 2007. lousy in 2012 was great, but its gone back to shit since then. rip good of montreal: 1997-2007, 2012

cool album so far
i feel like it's going to have to grow on me
opener is a bit weak

def pacts is the best of montreal song since ye, renew the plantiff