/grimes general/

Discuss the nicest Canuck in the music biz, Claire Boucher (aka Grimes).

READ FIRST
genius.com/Grimes-i-dont-want-to-have-to-compromise-my-morals-in-order-to-make-a-living-annotated

-Medieval Warfare debuts on Zane Lowe tomorrow. Hype?
-She's only playing at festivals for the rest of her tour. Anyone catching any of these?
-Who would you like to see her collab with?

Leave your opinion on her latest album, Art Angels
>best
>runner-up
>worst
>underrated
>overrated

Try to keep it music related, and be nice to Grimes! (and each other you sadistic fucks)

>P.S.
clyp.it/iqu4qdms

Other urls found in this thread:

fasterlouder.junkee.com/the-avalanches-interview-robbie-chater-2016-wildflower/864236
pitchfork.com/features/directors-cut/8929-grimes/
reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4q3o37/other_artists_that_like_grimes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

harsh noise record when

Second for Grimes is a talentless hack

>best
Realiti
>Runner-up
Kill v maim
>worst
California
>underrated
Realiti (Demo) (better than album version)
>overrated
flesh without blood

realiti demo is not uderrated

>best
Artangels
>runner-up
Flesh without Blood
>worst
Scream
>underrated
Pin
>overrated
Kill V. Maim

The demo version of REALiTi is her best song

What is this sorcery

>best
Artangels

>runner-up
Realiti

>worst
Scream

>underrated
Easily

>overrated
Venus Fly

so when exactly is Medieval Warfare going to premiere this week?

>Easily
love that 1
also Pin

>best
World Princess Part II
>runner-up
Pin
>worst
Easily
>underrated
Scream
>overrated
Kill V. Maim

>>best
realiti
>>runner-up
flesh without blood
>>worst
butterfly
>>underrated
life in the vivid dream
>>overrated
california

Tomorrow I believe, on Beats 1 with Zane Lowe. 9 AM to 11 AM Pacific Time I think

what do you mean?

Yes. Pin is awesome too.

She sucks. Worst neo-Sup Forums artist. Kanye is a better and more important artist.
Has grimes made a MBDTF?
No. She made an album off of garageband. Is she 12?
Remember kids. Sage garbage threads.

>implying garageband is better than pro-tools if you're just tracking outboard shit
u know shit, kiddo

fuck I fucked that up didnt I

thanks user

>implying you can't make a great album with garage band
u know shit, kiddo

Anyone else not feeling her costume drama music vids? Only vid I really like is Realiti.

Oblivion and REALiTi are her only two good music videos

theyre not cohesive

i like the flesh without blood video

these vids are numbered acts
do you get the plot?

> Kanye is a better and more important artist.

Already forgot about Vanessa?

wew, what a retard
that faggot was baiting

You:
>I was just pretending to be a retard

Fuck off, faggot. And suck a pen15.

>he can't rap to save his life
Listen to The College Dropout and Late Registration and come back. Kanye literally changed the music industry more than any artist since Nirvana except for Soulja Boy

i'm not that guy who baited you, calm down, dumbass
you really wasted your time to make this pic and write this arguments, i guess the one who sucks pen15 is you

these*

He's a weak rapper. Rakim, Chuck D, KRS-One, Eminem and even 2Pac (if he would be alive) could demolish this hack.

You guessed it wrong, dumbfuck. You suck a pen15.

how so?

Because you're the one actually sucking a pen15. Now, shut up and fuck off.

> changed the music industry
Modern music industry is fucking crap.

Changed the industry for the worse.

You waifufags will never cease to amaze me with just how pathetic and lowly you all are

>being this angry

>He can't rap to save his life
Expected. Grimes fan are too stupid to think for themselves.

Regardless of your opinion on how it changed, he has left an undeniably big mark on music, and completely changed the trajectory of hip-hop. Grimes will release two or three more albums and might inspire a few kids to release an album on bandcamp and that's it

would you listen to a grimes vaporwave track?

sketchy lyricist

How can one grimesfan be so dumb? Stop liking Grimes right now and leave /grimes/ forever, you're as obnoxious as haters and trolls.

i would listen to a fan edit on youtube and not like it

>Grimes will release two or three more albums and might inspire a few kids to release an album on bandcamp and that's it
Good joke. She will become very influential in the years to come. It already started: the band Alcest said they were influenced by her (among other artists) on their upcoming album. Even old ass artists like Elton John love her.

Even The Avalanches were inspired by her:
>As you grow older, you enter your thirties, you have to fight to keep that spirit alive. It’s easy to slip into routine and lose that spark. That’s part of the music making process, and the role new music plays, being inspired by hearing a new artist and how they go about something. Even if it’s completely stylistically different – the way Grimes just owns her shit, does it all herself with this DIY thing going on. You need that inspiration every day when you sit down to work, to wake you up and shake you up and break you out of your routine.

fasterlouder.junkee.com/the-avalanches-interview-robbie-chater-2016-wildflower/864236

'Tis a calculated move on her part. She's a big fan of non-linear storytelling in the vein of artists like Quentin Tarantino and Bosch:
>If painters could be compared to filmmakers, Bosch is the Hype Williams of renaissance painters. With Bosch, there's always a narrative that is very nonlinear-- and that's the essence of a good music video. Hype Williams' music videos don't have narratives either-- they just focus so much on charisma. I find it really hard to throw myself into something artistically where I'm making up a whole character and finding something for that character to do.
pitchfork.com/features/directors-cut/8929-grimes/

Can't say I'm a huge fan of non-linear storytelling myself, but I can definitely appreciate it when it's done well.

Fuck off. You're a hater undercover, not even a real fan.

All grimes fan are obnoxious. Including you.

You must have a very boring life.

You're wrong, and I'm not going to reply you anymore.

>Alcest
>Elton John
>The Avalanches
Inspiring mediocre artist past their prime or never even had a prime.
Is this a joke?

Lol... Get over yourselves already.

Hey dumbass defender, first look who started it all. It was this twat: >wew, what a retard
>that faggot was baiting

After such retarded post, what do you expect? I don't let these autists unpunished.

im a redpill pol fag and i even like grimes. Halfaxa is sooo good

Shut up.

>being bated
>calls me autist

(You)

It doesn't matter if you don't like these artists. The incomplete list of artists that like Grimes is pretty big: reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4q3o37/other_artists_that_like_grimes/

No... but (You) clearly are if you actually think that about Elton fuckin' John.

>The incomplete list of artists that like Grimes is pretty big
Kanye has been around longer is beyond more popular and accomplished more than grimes. She'll never reach kanye level.
It's a fact more respected artist like kanye more.
(You)

I feel like I've proved my points.
lol. you blind fans. k thx bye.

Besides doing everything herself, which isn't even a new concept, Grimes brings nothing new to the table. Not in any medium. Kanye paved the way for artists like Drake, Kid Cudi, Kendrick, and Chance, as well as artists including Daft Punk, Jay-Z, Animal Collective, and Grimes herself. He steered and entire genre away from violence and reintroduced soul to hip-hop. He utilized auto-tune as an artistic flare instead of as a crutch. He critiques modern society, his music videos are works of art, and now he's challenging how albums are released, be it by what medium they are released through or when they are "complete". Grimes has done none of the aforementioned things, except for influencing certain artists.

Kanye's influence on pop culture will be felt for decades; Grimes's won't even make a ripple.
>inb4 this is what Kanyefags actually believe

When will you people stop to reply to such weak baits like this ?
You turn grimes threads to shit everytime. Just fucking stop being so naive. Trolls are not going to leave these threads, but you can stop to feed them.

*as well as influencing artists including

ITT: Grime fags and trolls get BTFO

> and completely changed the trajectory of hip-hop
Yep, trajectory to butthole. Modern hip-hop no more than mediocre trash.

what genre is she again?

>When will you people stop to reply to such weak baits
>Replies to the "bait"

...and you're all fucking idiots if you think either Grimes or Kanye can hold a candle to Bowie.

and this is bait too

>"I disagree with it so it must be b8!"
Childish.

that nigga dead

>baiting this hard

what kind of a thread is this again

Pic related is for you.

meta posting and comparing to artists is very boring im ignoring it

Grimes > horseshit > Bowie = Kanye
stop denying, bud

(you)

This thread is shit, fuck (You).

Fuck YOU!

holy shit the Ashes to Ashes video cost $500,000 to make

imagine Grimes throwing that money at a video

Woah, you really turned this thread out of shit with your intelligence. Thank (You).

Fuck YOU!

Just keep replying until this thread get archived.
We're gonna make the worst Grimes thread ever.

Here to save the thread

Visions>Halfaxa=AA>Darkbloom>GP

>Visisons over Halfaxa
you better die

>GP is the last
kys

dat gap

You made it even worse.

she actually has an amazing body

(You) all suck.
Grimes BTFO.

nice thread

remember when he tried to be NIN?

lol

grimes is still early in her career

>Kanye fans beat out grime fans.
kek

So is Kendrick Lamar and he's Bob Dylan compared to grimes.

Grimes

Finally, savior.