clyp.it/njl4qyl0
clyp.it/j4rlsuwm
clyp.it/0cdpzfgz?token=4f5025d02e5a7c67d8af99115845653a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>No need to be fussy
rtm isn't as effective, also rtfm is a well known acronym
again, read the fucking manual
you don't need anything but software to start making music

What is the manual you guys are talking about??

are you fucking retarded and never browsed through a musician's friend catalog in the past 20 years?

they are literally the cheapest option for anything you need

lmgtfy.com/?q=ableton manual

Get out of here

My apologies. Still a newfag.

Hey /lunga/, it's me, Dr. Firstresultingoogleimages

If you need help coming up with a name for your musical act, I can help you.
Together we can pick a nice name for you to make bleep bloops to.

clyp.it/uimhpteh

First go at anything, would appreciate some feedback.

sounds like you need to invest in some behringer products

>First go at anything
not even gonna bother listening past the first 5 seconds user. Go back to work

Is MC Yixing fucking retarded or kind of cool?

I make cloud rap.

inb4 dude so original

I don't think I'm ripping off Bones or Yung Lean so that's already pretty original.

clyp.it/o5uwkxgh
>trap, dark, short

is this dope or not? I tried to make something that was short and a bit dark.

I know it's not good at all, but I'd like feedback to get better and grow. By first go at anything I meant first real attempt at completing a song.

>MC
I don't get a cloud rap vibe out of that, but a ironic 90's rap one. Unless you're going for post irony memes, I guess.
Is there anything particular or unique about your sound? Can you post some samples?

All we know about the Behringer polysynth so far according to prod:

>will be shit
>12 voices (nothing to be impressed by my free vsts have 64)
>real simulated wood grain sides
>is going to have an integrated chordbot instead of a keyboard

>will have micromini keys
>will not have midi inputs or outputs
>will sell for $59.99

Woops meant to reply to

>drums. are. vital. find a steady beat and keep it
>turn the attack up on your synth so that you aren't getting that popping noise
>learn to layer sound and to know when to bring an instrument's gain up / down
>learn to make an interesting rhythm / chord progression

What did you make this with/in?

It's going to have a mono midi option for an additional $3.50.

I was going for a more empty feeling atmospherical piece so that's why I didn't use much drums. Thanks for the advice on the attack as I completely overlooked that.
Thank you for your feedback.

Ableton and sylenth 1

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

>Is there anything particular or unique about your sound?
It's a bit more upbeat, by that I mean that I'm not going full Yung Lean with the synths, lots of vocal style changes when the mood might get darker.
>Can you post some samples?
I'm currently in the process of writing lyrics so no.

r8 my tune...
youtu.be/4oaixfrNbcY?t=30s

Not a lot to work with then.
What are your interests outside music?

>clyp.it/uimhpteh
0:25 was good but that sound at 0:40 is a bit clumsy and sharp.

try Serum for that bassline

love dem hats

kek

Vidya, but I'm not sure how I feel about writing songs talking about playing Mario Kart with my friends, seems lame to me.

I program but is that really a hobby? It's not like I do it for any other reason other than money and the fact that it's a god tier field in my country.

I like biking also.

By the way I am from Romania if that helps with the name.

I can't believe you're so upset about this that you carry it over to another thread.

Just pointing out that you need to back up your arguments with actual evidence beyond "it's bad because I say it's bad"

Alternatively; cry more bitch nigga

I don't know if Sup Forums or Sup Forums stuff would make good names, I'll think of some, but guys like yung lean show their dorkiness in places other than their names.
Maybe work with some romanian word or name? I just opened a map of romania, found some town names, and thought of some interesting combinations, but I'm not a fan of cloud rap so I'm not sure if they'll work.
Also make sure to use that ş letter you guys use, even if not using romanian words.

I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks.

Call yourself Manele Vanele

şloGOD
>weird ş thing
>slo as in lmao this is literally slowed down rap
>GOD as in pretentius white boy calling himself a rap god
>slogod is the name of some malware according to google

I giggled.
Good idea with the malware name, I am going to google some malware names.

thanks, I got lucky with finding a nice hat sample for once 0.0

Do you work out?

Do you feel more compelled to make tunes on days you do?

>Good idea with the malware name
glad to be of assistance.
please don't get yourself infected

Iubesc Romania!

Call yourself Buna si Da. those were the names I gave my favorite dogs in Bucharest.

new to what, life? how do you have to ask for clarification when somebody tells you to read the manual.

If I made cloud rap, I'd call myself Air Mogadishu

>tfw using a control surface for the first time

Satisfying af

Prob will break if you stare too hard at it

The M1 organ sound is hilariously easy to recreate in Massive

>clyp.it/hwb3q3rp

I don't like myself also

Is there a guide that can show me all types of audio equipment just out of pure curiosity ?

I'd like to see what's available!

clyp.it/3dysfe23

thoughts on this thing i made today?

needs more airhorn

Fuck no. There's so much to it that you can't really categorize everything into one list. I could spend a day just describing different mixers or different types of synths.

Fuck. The amount of shit I know about audio, I should probably start teaching classes.

Post soundcloud

Welcome to /prod/

>being this new
nothing's wrong with asking for the soundcloud

posting soundcloud for no reason but to shill is the problem

>being this new
I've been here for years m808, I remember when gear spammer was bragging about his headphone amps.
the old saying was talk shit post clyp
nobody was talking shit

clyp.it/b3za4nqx
Hey guys could you really help me nail down this strobe cover? I feel like i can't get the main synth right and I really want to do deadmau5 justice.

>clyp.it/3dysfe23
honestly...I'd like it better if it was just the piano and nothing else

clyp.it/5qdpuh2g

Something i've been working on lately. Thoughts?

found this old project and started working on it. how does it sound?
clyp.it/qhaffjjw

clyp.it/4lni34q5

i prefer mine, my man

i dont really like this kinda music but i thought this was nice. i just dont like that little bitcurshed sounding click on the kick and snare

i dont think either the phaser or the guitar sound right for the track, but i like the rest of it

wait that was meant for

Mixing is questionable, unless you're going for lo-fi, song wise it's nice and I like the melodies and songwriting.

Basically it's just lacking a lot of bass. If you're mixing on bad monitors you can try "pink noise mixing," it's not bad for getting a rough mix going at least.

Oh hell no not like that,

I mean different types of equipment names not different types of equipment versions.

I'm talking names in general if that makes any sense, kinda like

Mic

Guitar

Synth

Amp

Mixer etc..

How long do you work on a track?
I feel I'm shitting songs up too fast

>I accidentally had my speakers on max volume when i opened this

how many of ableton's native effects have stupid rightclick options? is it just glue cpompressor and delay? and could they really not have just added a fucking mode switch in the delay and an oversampling button in the glue compressor instead of doing this retarded shit?

I take at least a month per track, sometimes 3.

Bit of a work in progress. any feedback appreciated

clyp.it/amylib4f

holy shit, can you post a clip of something? I usually spend 2-3 hours in one chunk.

I like it a lot, man. It really has a Death Grips vibe to it. It's really great.

Nice quads btw

thanks. you'll never believe it only took me about 3 minutes. I must be some kind of genius or something

Sorry dude. I was just joking. I don't ever finish any songs because I hate myself.

>tfw depression and perfectionism stop you from ever finishing and uploading anything
>tfw been telling myself for the past 2 years "I'm putting together an album" when in reality I just have a big folder of about 150 unfinished tracks with no direction

clyp.it/yigydrfu

thoughts on this so far?

Exactly this, man.

are you me from the future?

clyp.it/bsi0dq1y

clyp.it/njl4qyl0

This is an early version of a beat I'm working on.

So I have been trying to get better at mixing and mastering. The first link is to the track just after I mixed it, and the second link is to the mastered version of the mixed track.

My mastered version turned out less clear/more muddy than the mixed version. Does anyone have some tips for mastering? I'm using fl studio 11 and I use the fruity limiter to do mastering, I don't have maximus.

Thanks

clyp.it/j4rlsuwm

I'm so fucking tired I can't imagine I'm making good production decisions

holyshit that reverb sucks

bring the hats way up, like up to a level that is not of a professional standard as it is in popular trap music, IMO

u just gotta finish some track even if they're shitty

sometimes the first minute is great and the second two are shit... 3 minutes is like the minimum for a song tho IMO

Does anyone know if there is a way to designate a 1-2 bar loop and have Ableton calculate the bpm based on time. It's annoying having to do the math every time because the ableton auto bpm is trash, it can't even get the time on a 4/4 click track.

If you have the audio in non-warp mode you can just adjust the tempo until it fills the desired amount of time...

If your audio is in warp mode and you need it to be in non-warp mode for this to work you can re-record the warped audio into a new track with resampling mode and then turn off warp in the new clip.

Bump

>If you have the audio in non-warp mode you can just adjust the tempo until it fills the desired amount of time
but you do that in warp mode... you dont even get the tempo grid in non-warp mode. i dont see why you're saying it needs to be turned off at any point in the process. for me it's always just been: put warp marker on the 1, drag the orig. bpm on the left of the audio clip up or down until the portion that you want to know the tempo of fits exactly into 1/2/however many bars, put whatever tempo you ended up on in orig. bpm as the actual session bpm

I watched this full sail video where they try to lure in kids to learn music production, and I got to the part where they mention sequencing.

What is it that they teach in sequencing that I can't learn on YouTube or reading some free books?

>they try to lure in kids
i dont know what you're talking about but it sounds creepy

Modern sequencing or like oldschool analog sequencers. I can't think of anything with modern stuff that isn't self explanatory. I was watching this Morton Subotnick lecture where he talks about sequencers as a way to save on cutting tape instead of playing note sequences. There is a lot of nuance to those old modular analog style sequencers, but unless you're making abstract beep music there really isn't a use for them.

well, if you want ableton to "calculate the tempo based on time" as you originally stated, you need warp mode to be off. Then you just adjust the actual tempo of the song up or down until the clip fills the desired length of time.

For example, if I have a drum beat that i know fills 2 bars then i just turn warp off and adjust the tempo up or down until the clip fills 2 bars.

>you need warp mode to be off
i literally just described how you dont though, also i didnt originally state that, that was someone else

Well warp mode degrades the audio so it's always better to turn it off. Also I think it's easier my way, maybe i'm crazy though.

eh I guess re-reading your post, i guess it works either way...in any case, it's not that hard.

we're basically describing 2 different forms of the same thing, but your way would have to be done in arrangement, wouldn't it? mine can be done in clip or arrangement and just uses the audio clip view at the bottom of the screen.

also i dont think repitch degrades the sound if you have it playing at the original tempo

Good points user, I guess you're right. Different strokes for different folks!

>friend who has been using FL Studio for two months sends me message
>"have you heard of sausage fattener?"

you're not a real producer until you have 20 instances of sausage fattener on every track

I was thinking of producing some beats for myself and then having someone mix it for me afterwards.

How much would that cost ?

it depends

tbqh, if you're going to learn to make beats, you might as well learn the basics of mixing too. It'll serve you well in the future

Really would appreciate some feedback on this track. Finished the mixed but not yet mastered

I understand the basics of mixing, but it's the fact that I'm most likely not gonna be too great at it.

I'll probably mix it a little bit and then have someone better mix and master it for me.

Because I know that stuff takes a long fucking time to learn.