Why do I like trap so much?

I am confused Sup Forums. I am a black male but I try not to identity with the stereotypical shit. I generally dislike rap a whole lot and prefer heavy metal. The problem? I am starting to like Trap music.. like a whole fucking lot.

I honestly don't know why. Am I infected? Am I just going to become a raving monkey? God help me...

Here is what I am listening to:
soundcloud.com/teamttu/ant-of-yts-speeding

Like, I don't even know what attracts me to this kind of music. It sounds introspective and fast and hype like. Almost motivational.

Is listening to trap stereotypical?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lp7JIPLhsJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im black also and its just good party music
stop overthinking it ffs

It's catchy, there's nothing wrong with it. The lyrics aren't the focus, they don't need to be well-written.

Nah dude, I know alot of black dudes who hate trap music, following the traditional criticism of "simplitic beats and melodies"

Whats you taste in metal?

. Music is nothing but animals making weird noises at each other. Who cares. We're all monkeys.

When the music behind the lyrics is nothing but a disgustingly overproduced beat, then yeah, the lyrics better be up to fucking snuff for anyone to take it seriously.

Maybe listen to non-shit trap then.

How does liking trap make you a monkey?
As long as you aren't listening to young thug I won't think something wrong of you

It's catchy and it's pretty damn visceral. If you enjoy metal for its visceral aspects you might enjoy trap, too.

What does "over produced beat" even mean?

I like older stuff. Particularly, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. As far as newer stuff, I like Demon Hunter a lot and other bands as well.

I am not a big fan of death metal because I actually like to be able to make out lyrics.

Nigga keep on trappin that shit is OUR music

examples please.

Listen to Night Demon user

Not him but Flockaveli is a fucking trap classic
Good shit

WE

Flockaveli and trap lord are the best trap albums of all time.

WUZ

trap is more influential and innovative than boom bap rap and indie rap

Was, maybe. Now it all sounds the same and it's getting pretty fucking boring

KINGS

sounds the same HOW. People always say "This shit sounds the same!"

What the fuck does that even mean?

It means that most examples of the genre sound similar to other examples of the genre
Do you not have ears or something fool

nothing is stereotypical
just appreciate what you enjoy

what even characterizes trap from regular rap. Is most trap music auto tuned lyrics and EDM beats?

Le rattling hi hats
Those booming 808 drums and the hi-hat clicks that are scatterd in the beat
Listen for it

EDM appropriated trap, not the other way around.
Check out Three Six Mafia for a history lesson.

>that feel when you actually listen and you can hear the rattling high hats

What does it mean bro? Am I becoming trap?

Li Herb - Welcome to Fazoland
Chief Keef - Finally Rich
Gucci Mane- Traphouse 3
Travis Scott - Days Before the Rodeo
Stop thinking of things by their race, but by what you like and what you dont like

desu OP just enjoy what you enjoy theres no reason for you to avoid listening to something because your worried about what other might think seriously just grow up and expand your tastes

It's okay OP. Even though it's a small portition there exists good trap.

I like my trap with as much EDM influence as possible. LOTS AND LOTS of auto tune. Am I the one killing the genre?

Rap has lost its rawness....the raw masculinity

youtu.be/lp7JIPLhsJ0

Dmx....the spirit of his performance....shits in anything out tday

fuck off. DMX is garbo. No flow, no melodies, NO. FUCKING. HI. HATS.

thats because trap is rap what metal is to rock
an sub genre that dosent focus on lyrics but more on instrumentation and the way it makes you feel/move