youtu.be/uDo6aB_pXdk
youtu.be/IzRvrO62q3U
youtu.be/mvXrEw7nKxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

excellent

never ask Sup Forums for opinion though

Noise wank.

i'm getting conflicting signals

best thing ever made ever. better than sex with jesus.

it's a really cool album, for me personally i think it lacks melody but when it shines its a unique experience that i don't feel can be replicated

It's not particularly my thing but I have to respect that it's quite unique and engaging.

Tried cracking that egg one time. Didn't crack.

never heard it. cover's got a sweet discharge kind of aesthetic though

I'd like to give this album another shot, but what should I be listening for exactly. What makes this album great to those who are fans? Serious question, no hate.

if you're one of those guys who can't get into Trout Mask Replica, then you'll probably never enjoy this under any circumstances unless you're heavily drugged up

how heavy drugs are we talking here? will lots of alcohol do?

Actually love it now, just took a few listens to understand what made it so special

12/10

probably the 8th best rock album of all times

right now i'm in love of this album, is fucking amazing, love it. Best album ever. Fuck Radiohead. Good choice, op

only royal trux I've listened to was accelerator, and I thought it was shit. this one worth a shot? usually I like less poppy stuff

literally a meme

Important album. But not even the height of Royal Trux, who were easily the best band of the 90s. Got to see Hagerty perform it live for the live a couple of years ago for the first time. That guy's a genius.

Trux always had the best art.

In the style of the Stones, one of their greatest inspirations
Was that the show Hagerty gave around 2012? I wish I had gone
Completely, it's a different beast compared to Accelerator. Accelerator was their poppiest release as far as I'm concerned

would you Sup Forums?

Not just the stones. It was a tribute to all of rock's double albums.

Yeah 2012 or so. In Brooklyn. I believe it was the only time it was ever performed.

People new to this have to understand that the TI sound is an aesthetic choice, not passed off incompetence. Neil Hagerty is one of the best guitar players on the planet.

Wayyyy past her prime.

Im her prime, no doubt.

love it

It's literally retarded heroin junkies trying to play AC/DC. I know it's a meme and Scaruffi-core but at least pretend to like something that's remotely interesting or challenging you pseuds baka fampai.

It's really really not. They're both very bright. Neil has written two books and is a better musician than almost anyone. He's had a 30 year career.

Contrary to those who thought this came about from a colossal improv during a drug orgy, the album represented an analytical reflection on the perception of the details and the linguistic system which transcend the literal and create an abstraction, but an abstraction anchored to the literal. There was also an anarchical and libertarian message, of revolting against institutions, of hating classes.

>„But underneath all the weird shit, we still had our roots, the music we loved at school like AC/DC, Led Zep, Stones. We still judged everything in terms of whether it was lame or rocking"

it's them putting dissonance over simple rock songs in the blues tradition and it's not like playing shit like that requires skill.

Art isn't judged on degree of difficulty user.

And Neil can play with anyone. From Pussy Galore to the present.

>analytical reflection on the perception of the details
Throwing words around like that makes you sound like a tool. So it's about perception and rebellion? Yeah and 21 Pilots is about the central millenial dilemma of authenticity, still doesn't change a thing about the aesthetic qualities of the medium they choose to convey their message with.

>Art isn't judged on degree of difficulty user.
You literally said that they're very talented and bright as a response to my criticism of their music and so the dumbed-down structures and sloppiness have to be intentional.

he's not putting it very well but it's using 'rock' as an underlying language game, or linguistic tool, to subvert and re-structure on a different continuum. so in a way you're right when you say it shares elements with ac dc, but not as emulation but exploration and rejection of the rock vocabulary and canon

i don't like it as an album -- it's a bit trite -- but i appreciate what it was trying to (imo U.S. Maple did it better)

Again. They have 30 years of material. Everything from classic rock, to funeral dub, to acoustic folk to ambient electronic.

Anyone interested in this era of the band should check out the 'movie' they made around the time of TI.

youtu.be/uDo6aB_pXdk

underrated

It gets a little better every time I listen to it. It still hasn't really clicked for me though.

I would recommend listening to it in the context of the first and third Royal Trux records. The three togethor really define that era of the band.

After that they kicked heroin.

it's scaruffi-pasta mate
I was just posting it becasue of the hilarious line of meaningless bullshit "an analytical reflection on the perception of the details and the linguistic system which transcend the literal and create an abstraction"

It's not meaningless at all. Jon Spencer, of Pussy Galore, studied semiotics at university and began to incorporate those ideas into the band's music. It was at this time that Neil Hagerty joined the group and presumably began his education in both music and semiotics. It was Neil who had PG record a version of Exile on Main Street. This cover album shows his first forays into his approach to songwriting. When he had developed his musical ability and style, he left Pussy Galore for the second time, formed the Royal Trux with girlfriend Jennifer Herrema and they began to record their own music.

Neil developed a wholly original analysis of music not as a series of sounds but as a language. Rock music had its own morphology and syntax and by breaking this down, he was able to build songs out of broken forms whilst still having the appearance of rock music.

I didn't mean to imply the album is meaningless, the album is incredible. I meant the scaruffi quote is meaningless naval gazing.

>It was at this time that Neil Hagerty joined the group and presumably began his education in both music and semiotics.

Neil was (by far) the best musician in Pussy Galore.

From what I've read in interviews, he's said that Pussy Galore hired him despite his inability to play the guitar.

Opposite. He did indeed claim to look at the band as a job, but he also said he was the only one in the band who could actually play

Def, not true. He was in bands before PG. Jet Boys NW and some others. Neil's been playing guitar since he was a child.

Having the music sound so not-together while simultaneously being deformed versions of the ethos of Rolling Stones-esque rock is what makes it the monument of an album that it is

OOH BABY

Agree with this. The three records work really well as a trilogy. The first one was when they where still in NYC and it sounds really ominous/anxious, and portends what's to become.

youtu.be/IzRvrO62q3U

By Twin Infinitives they had move to San Fransisco and where full on heroin addicts. This was the peak of the madness.

By the third album they were coming out of it. where getting clean, and the music seems more lucid and sort of surveys and accounts back on the first two records.

youtu.be/mvXrEw7nKxo