>pile a few wooden planks on top of each other
>cover it with paper
>paint it
>call it a house
>wonder why it falls apart when a gust of wind strikes

My sides

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panelák
bestgore.com/suicide/thailand-man-shoot-self-head-camera-live-stream-video-facebook/
youtube.com/watch?v=sHgOn5s-MCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And then they boast how big their houses are lmao

>this thread again

Build like this.

Maybe they have good reasons to do it like that. If a tornado hits, a brick house might still get broken, but it would be harder to repair, and you couldn't get outside because you're trapped under fallen bricks.

hahahah this niggas house look like Lincoln logs hahah like wtf you doing nigga hahaha

Silly question, but wouldn't it be easier to just stop building houses in lands where tornadoes are known to hit often?

If you built your house out of poured reinforced concrete a tornado would do nothing to it

um have you ever heard of freedom?

For the most powerful tornadoes the whole thing would have to be poured concrete including the roof. The only really tornado proof houses are solid concrete domes with few windows.

What would happen if Americans glorified intelligence and logic instead of freedom?

That would be a significant portion of the United States and is mostly in some of the most rich farmland anywhere on earth, all for a relatively rare occurence.

They would be China. A place that puts a high premium on classical models of education and testing scores but cares nothing for freedom or individual liberties.

Common sense and freedom are not mutually exclusive user.

>the whole thing would have to be poured concrete including the roof
commieblocks are built to withstand continuous bombing raids
are ridiculously easy to mass produce and so on

that aside, there are many houses that are made of reinforced concrete and look good
its just that Americans are getting jewed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panelák

>they are expensive to destroy because they cant be simply exploded like regular buildings, instead they have to be taken apart

That used to be the way to build. Now days, it's 2x wood members spaced at about 16-24 inches on center, and you apply gypsum board to make the wall finish.

It's not just paper and paint, it's plaster. Plaster and lath was also popular in the UK until the 1930s. It has since been replaced by sheetrock.

You do realize that is a plaster and lathe wall, right? Are you actually retarded, Hungary?

>this is considered a wall in the US

Europeans use exactly the same. Do you know nothing about building?

>"""wall"""

And waste all that precious farmland?

>American education

Do...some Americans (wealthier ones?) build regular brick or concrete houses?

Yeah, around 60% of the housing stock in cities like NYC, Chicago, and Boston are like that, especially with newer construction.

>Greek knowledge of building techniques

Most American homes are brick. Wood framed homes are generally those built out in the out ring suburbs and country.

>claim to be the greatest country in the world
>build houses out of toilet paper and matchsticks

Loss of living and farm space. Mass cost of moving and Underutlisation of land.

See tsetse flies and sleeping sickness plagued areas as another more severe case.

Two taps?

Aren't all interior walls still gypsum board & wood?

>have most hurricanes and tornado in the world
>build houses out of flying debris

wew lard

Yeah, but it's packed with insulation foam and stuff like pipes and electricity as needed, at least in Chicago. Doesn't matter that much here since we don't get tornadoes.

>Be British
>pay half a million pounds for a home
>no air conditioning
>radiators for heat
>no basement
>garage that cant even fit a car
>washing machine in kitchen
>no dryer
>dry clothes on radiators and outdoors
>can barely fit a single bed in the bedrooms
>plumbing on exterior of building
>no closets
>no yard
>front door literally one step from the sidewalk and road
>whole thing falls apart due to damp

Free healthcare?

Moat houses have one tap 8ts just an option

>"free" healthcare

Used to work for the NHS, laddo. It is pretty shit and not at all free.

TV license?

>be American
>try to hang a picture on the wall
>accidentally tear down the whole side of the building

>be american
>need air conditioning so neighbor doesn't think i'm poor
>need a huge garage and a leased premium car so neighbor wont think i'm poor
>need dryer so neighbor wont think i'm poor
>can't have radiators because neighbor would think i'm poor
>resources are finished, need to invade middle east so neighbors wont think i'm poor
>get terroristed

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE

>be american
>need air conditioning so neighbor doesn't think i'm poor

No, because it gets hot, you mong.

>need a huge garage and a leased premium car so neighbor wont think i'm poor

I use my garage as a work room and I rather enjoy have a garage that will actually fit a modern vehicle.

>need dryer so neighbor wont think i'm poor

Nah, more because I don't want wrinkled clothing, want the washing done quickly, and dont want to have to hang my clothing all over my house on wash day.

>can't have radiators because neighbor would think i'm poor

No. Central air is just better.

>resources are finished, need to invade middle east so neighbors wont think i'm poor

Not even close, laddo.

>get terroristed

Euros can't really say much about that, funland.

FUCKING THIS

>Central air is just better.
It really isn't.

>need air conditioning
>need dryer

nothing wrong with these
why would you not have a dryer

>needing air con
>needing radiators
>needing a basement
>needing to put your car in a garage
>not having a utility room
>etc

you don't seem to understand how mild and boring our climate and country is

Clothes line is free, better for enviroment and hydro bill, and gives clothes a nice fresh outdoorsy scent.

AC is for people that live in brown people parts of the world. God naturally air conditions his favourite people, whites from northern lattitudes.

This to an extent. My house in Chicago still has a Radiator so I can't say much on that, and I don't really need a car, but Air Conditioning is mandatory due to the climate and Dryers are just plain easier. I've pretty much gotten the best of both worlds.

Do you realise how fucking got it gets here in the summer Nanook?

It puzzles me to no end how such a refined, European civilization like yours, had created such a monstrosity of a colony.

New Zealand is great, Canada is excellent, even Australia turned out much better than the US, equal to Kiwis and Leafs and it was started with fucking convicts for Christ's sake.

I don't know what you did wrong with the Burgers, but it was the biggest mistake of known history.

We're still not nearly as bad as the Hispanosphere or Francosphere, but we turned out differently probably because we severed ourselves from them much earlier and more abruptly than the other colonies.

hahaha I like it.
Although I find certain yank accents cute, only thing I'd change in that pic

>We're still not nearly as bad as the Hispanosphere or Francosphere

Tbqh, it was you Americans who ruined the Hispanosphere with your secret services constantly assassinating presidents, instigating coups, starting wars, murdering innocents and doing everything to destabilize the region.

It really is, roach. You should give it a try.

Nobody builds with lath and plaster anymore.

I guess your fat ass has no understanding of air quality or how nice it is to have some cozy radiant heat.

>be poured concrete including the roof
lol, dude what. So are concrete roofs uncommon over there?
Fucking shit, just why? I mean, don't houses represent a big chunk of most of your income. You know, the whole American dream of owning a house you'll give one day to your children. I just don't see the point on building with wood. A house is not a fucking brand of cereal you get cheap on.

>Greeks
>calling others fat

>Ruining countries that were shit as soon as Spain touched them

There's a reason nobody bothered to migrate to those cunts

The Bongs didn't create the US

Poured concrete structures are 3rd world-tier. They have tons of problems with subsidence and, are terribly inefficient, and make future modifications/maintenance really difficult.

Not really, you just can afford to maintain and rebuild paper houses all the time.

When the US loses power it's going to disintegrate so fast it's amazing.

99% of your entire country's housing infrastructure would literally rot away in 5-10 years without the current maintenance levels.

This, and the thought of having a sidewalk house just doesn't appeal to most Americans. Then again, McMansions are pretty shitty themselves tbqhwy fampai

LAND OF THE FREE

>haha you have more shit than us, you're so pathetic!

lol

And the fact you consider having AC a sign of wealth just doesn't need any comment.

I bet you're not even trolling. I bet you think we speak American.

>Canada is excellent

Thanks Obama

We're not like Grease. People actually work to take care of their home here.

Lmao

>euro buidings

Wood is at least comfy looking, im sick of seing this shit everywhete

Brick houses won't do shit against a tornado.

t. tornado survivor

How did obama increase your premiums ? genuine question.

We will bomb you to freedom.
bestgore.com/suicide/thailand-man-shoot-self-head-camera-live-stream-video-facebook/

Is this the latest forced meme?

Carpenter here.
Frame construction is surprisingly solid actually.
Alot of it is engineered wood, metal, treated wood for plates, etc. And the foundation is concrete. Normal 2x6 walls are pretty solid. Would take serious fucking winds to fuck up. Not near as solid as brick/ concrete of course but it works.

Obamacare made it so that everyone had to pay very high premiums to sign up for it. Not enough people signed up, so in order to cover the people affected by rising care costs, the premiums need to increase

Use concrete blocks and steel bars then, when the tornado hits only the roof will fly away and the walls are still intact and ready to repair.
>t. country constantly being hit by typhoons 12-24 times a year.

you need garage because nigger would steal your car

why is the US even considered developed?

Only richfags can afford to rebuild their house every 5 years

>finland
>having an AC, garage, dryer is seen as a status symbol

Top wind speed in a typhoon is 345 km/h. Top wind speed in a tornado is 512 km/h. Tornadoes also subject houses to much stronger tidal forces due to much smaller and more concentrated they are. Very few structures can survive a full-blown tornado without needing to be completely rebuiilt anyway.

Or put another way:
>According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), for a structure to be "tornado-proof" it must be, literally, missile-proof. The most damaging and unpredictable destructive force of a tornado isn't the swirling winds, it's the debris that the tornado picks up and hurls around, often at speeds in excess of 200mph. "Missile" is the right word when you're talking about a refrigerator flying through the air at 200mph.

Nigger might steal part of the house and garage

Még mindig jobb, mint a szüleid olcsó alapanyagolból készült, szétrepedt kádárkockája.

>mfw commy blocks can stand bomb raids but american sky scrapers cant even be hit by an aircraft without falling down

Just wait until Trump builds this all along the southern border. Mexicans would come for miles around and pay to laugh.

>tfw its illegal to build something in your state if it cant withstand 160kph
feels good man

>being this buttblasted about america actually being hot enough to warrant cooling
it's 25C outside right now
in october
at midnight

Sun Valley?

you sound salty.
lol. Gersmalls.

It's funny how European think they know the answer to everthing. Like people havent already tried this shit.

>pic related
IT's a fucking bank vault and still took heavy damage.

You think steel frames, concrete, bricks is going to help you? No idiot.

And it's not like people can afford to built steel frame, brick houses every 2-3 years.

THey didn't though.
The US evolved to make it's own image.

It started as a US colony, but it diverged from British ideal for more than about 200 years.

Canada, Australia, NZ havent even been countries for longer than a 100 years.

Concrete blocks and steel construction are useless against 300kph+ tornadoes.

Tornadoes are different from tropical storms.

>no bricks
>no concrete pillars and arches
How do you even consider a gypsum wall block a house?

>Be EUrocuck
>know shit about tornados or middle america
>still post useless shit about how it's common sense to build brick houses.
youtube.com/watch?v=sHgOn5s-MCw

Nigger, my grandmas house is full concrete with rebar structure and clayfired brick and it hasnt had a single problem for 40 years except for some plumbing but thats more of pressure problem because of a leak in the intake pipe but putsode of that its cozy as fuck

You're literally living in a cardboard box

Lol, hes going to build the wall out of gypsum and recycled wood

Why do you need the wall separating you kitchen from your living room to be 100% concrete?
There is no fucking point.

Houses in the US are hard in the outside. They can be brick or concrete in the outside. Then they use softer materials for the inside. Way cheaper and it looks better in my opinion.