Just listened to this... more like it?

What else do I listen to if I really like this album?
I find the sound very unique and nothing else really sounds like it.

It's rock/electronic/dub/more

Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LSxDO-b4XXI
youtube.com/watch?v=0S7TWrQxoPw
youtube.com/watch?v=rjbiUj-FD-o
youtube.com/watch?v=BKVdhyslVQo
youtu.be/j05BHuCvzDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gorillaz and there's going to be some arguments about what I'm going to say, are pretty consistent quality wise, so you can check their discography, which isn't that big.
There's also Laika Come Home, which is a remix album, more focused on the dub site of things. I've heard some people compare demon days to Blur's Think Tank, but 'haven't heard that one, so I can't actually say.
pleb recs are radiohead's electronic album (the last three), which don't have a lot of common but are generally great, at least at mixing electronic sounds with rock rhythms.
An interesting project is Blakroc which is an Black Keys album featuring "namely":
Mos Def, Nicole Wray, Pharoahe Monch, Ludacris, Billy Danze of M.O.P., Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest, Jim Jones and NOE of ByrdGang, as well as Raekwon, RZA and the late Ol' Dirty Bastard of Wu-Tang Clan.
again, not in line with what you are looking for.

at least to me the Gorillaz are pretty unique and I don't think I've ever encountered anything like them exactly.

this
Sup Forums likes to shit on gorillaz because it's reddit-core but they're pretty good anyways, never really put out something bad other than the fall which shouldnt count because its just damon fucking around with an ipad

>rock/electronic/dub/more

primal scream

demon days is 10/10

more gorillaz

>Best

Every Planet We Reach Is Dead

>Worst

White Light

youtube.com/watch?v=LSxDO-b4XXI

It's all good, except the fall, just don't bother with it
however, The barn is potentially working on another album
We can only hope

rip

Yeah - I'd also say more Gorillaz since there stuff is very consistent imo.

As far as other artists are concerned... can't think of too many. UNKLE, perhaps (imo UNKLE are kind of like Gorillaz sans sense of humor.) Art Angels by Grimes definitely has some Gorillaz-esque undertones to it, but the overall sound of it is pretty much its own.

this is good

>Worst
White Light

I like the song, it's pretty dope, with it's unusual fast, straight tempo, but it's totally off when you look at the album as a whole.

>best
november

November Has Come and Kids With Guns >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=0S7TWrQxoPw

Plastic Beach is better.
>kanyeshrug.jpg

This

PB is a superior album but Demon Days has better songs.

>Last Living Souls
>Kids With Guns
>Dirty Harry
>November Has Come
>Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head

are all 10/10

Listen to Danger Mouse's other work I guess? Broken Bells was very reminiscent of Demon Days for me in a lot of ways

Maybe Pavement?

I think it's a great album but it's overall less memorable than Demon Days and self titled to me. It may be because of nostalgia, but since every album is so different in their themes or even genres, I might also just prefer the older electronica side of the band.

Rip in peperambe

There's nothing quite like Gorrilaz which is kind of a bummer. I love how it transcends genes.

This. I have just about everything Danger Mouse has produced and most of it is solid.

I loved this entire album

youtube.com/watch?v=rjbiUj-FD-o

Indeed it's great.
Late Blur is quite similar to it in many ways, especially pic related.

>rock/electronic/dub/more
Try Massive Attack

I don't much about Gorillaz (have only heard their hits) but you might like Delton 3030 and other hip-hop Dan the Automator had a hand in

Supremely underrated. Selfish Giant is one of his most beautiful songs ever.

Ha. I've liked Massive Attack for a while now - hearing their tracks will Albarn convinced me to give Gorillaz a listen

>worst
That song that features DOOM. I love him, but I skip that song every single time. The beat just sucks imo.

Listening to Screamadelica now... feeling it for sure. Thanks for this.
Personally I thought Last Living Souls, November Has Come and Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head were the best. That track is definitely a monster, though. I think the production on here is awesome too... is Danger Mouse still this interesting? I've heard he's shit now.
Will check out UNKLE... the humor is a big part of why DD was successful for me tho. Even though the music is "serious" the sounds are very bouncy and cartoony.
Gonna listen to this next.
Not a bad tune at all. Liked it.
I liked Dirty Harry a lot but found the rap didn't totally jive with the rest of the track for me. I don't like when rappers SHOUT too loud... makes for an unpleasant listen.
I've heard some Pavement.

What? That song's beat is killer.
>Dat bass
>Dem backing vocals

WELL YOU KNOW NOVEMBER HAS COME

ooooooo
ooooooo
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
ooooooo
ooooooo

youtube.com/watch?v=BKVdhyslVQo

Demon Days>Plastic Beach>Gorillaz>D-Sides>>>>>>>>The Fall (I don't even think this counts as a real album)

A few similar vibes

This list is way out of date, 2016 plebs listen to stuff like Drake and Christine & The Queens now.

maybe?

Great album but imo not similar to demon days, its very melancholy with two or three songs being up tempo, but still a great work from daddy damon

This album sucks, kill yourself.
My nigga love this album.

Switch out fire coming out of the monkeys head with el manana and it will be 11/10

>none of these ass pirates give credit due to don't get lost in heaven and demon days track

Yeah I enjoy Blur as well. Especially that album, found it randomly but most of the tracks feel like genuine Gorillaz tracks.

I dig Deltron, was somewhat disappointed by his latest though.

Loved this album

Favorite Gorillaz track?

Including G and D sides

sound check us a pretty cozy song

youtu.be/j05BHuCvzDU

>Not liking Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head
Fuck.
You.

The Sounder

Literally their best track

they are coming back next year!

Underrated chorus on that one.
I miss yelpy, barely intelligible Gorillaz.