ITT: /I-can't-believe-I-once-liked-this-crap-core/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kGj27OOpr9Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

xiu xiu is great gtfo

kill yourself OP

What the fuck is that album cover

Holy shit I always though he was holding flowers not an upside down baby doll

Idk what happened... I put it on the other day and it did absolutely nothing for me

>The photograph was taken by Xiu Xiu frontman Jamie Stewart. He met the photo's subject, aprostitute, at a gaycruisingspot in Hanoi, Vietnam, and paid the man to take photos with the baby.

You can't get any edgier than this.

is there an alt cover of this album? I'm tired to see this faggot

You can make one yourself using ms paint. Or stop listening to pretentious music with tryhard album covers.

>Pitchfork: What's up with the album cover?
>Jamie: [Laughs] It's a funny story. It's kind of long, though.
>Pitchfork: We do long-form interviews-- go ahead!
>Jamie: Okay. About two years ago, I had this little recording studio. I had wanted to take this trip to Vietnam, and I wanted to think of ways that I could save up enough money to do it. So I had a bunch of recording equipment and I basically just opened a recording studio in my house and recorded all the really fucking awful punk rock and ska bands in the neighborhood. So I saved up a ton of money, and then I took this trip by myself to go to Vietnam. I was going by myself, so whatever, I thought it would be funny if I took this little rubber baby with me and I put the baby in different places and I took pictures of it. And I thought it would be fun and possibly interesting/disturbing.
>By the end of the trip, I was staying in Hanoi, and I'd heard that there was this really famous gay cruising lake in Hanoi, and I was like, "Oh, fuck, man, what's the gay cruising scene in Hanoi all about? I can't miss this!" [Laughs] So I was walking around the lake, and I get cruised by this guy. And I'm sort of freaked out, you know? Culturally, I don't understand what's appropriate and not appropriate for this kind of thing, and getting cruised in any situation is dicey, let alone on an opposite hemisphere. So I'm kind of talking to this guy and he's like, "Want to go to a gay bar?" And I'm all like, "Oh, fuck, man, a gay bar in Hanoi! I've got to check it out!" And he's like, "Okay, tell me where it is and we'll go," and I was like, "Shit, this guy doesn't know anything."

ugh, the version of the album cover with the orange rectangle is just really jarring.

At this point, we'd been in a dark area. We got into the light, and I realized that it was basically this younger homeless guy. His clothes were really ripped up and shitty looking, and I started empathizing. I mean, this wasn't just somebody trying to get laid, it's a young hustler kid. And I'm obviously really broke, and if he's hustling white tourists, then his life isn't going to be that great. So he kept asking me to take him back to my hotel and fuck him and give him money, and I was like, "Noooo way, not going to happen!" And he just would not let up on asking me to take him back to my hotel. So I realize that he's just, like, super desperate and poor. So I get this very questionable idea into my head of, "How can I give this guy some money, not have sex with him, but also have this totally fucking... weird, and possibly very wrong kind of experience?"

I asked him, "I've been doing a lot of pictures on the trip. How about we go back to my hotel room and I take some naked pictures of you holding this baby?" And he's all like, "Yeah, okay, whatever." I could've said to him, "Let's go play basketball." And I'm feeling really squirrely and weird about this, you know? "Am I exploiting this guy?" "Is it art?" Whatever. "Maybe I'm doing something good, because he'll get a bunch of money and he doesn't have to do something that could potentially be unsafe. But, will this be totally humiliating to him? How's he gonna feel about this?" But sometimes, you've got to do the wrong thing.

There's an uncensored version on the Wikipedia page.

Jamie was on a trip to Vietnam and for some reason he carried that baby doll with him.
A homeless gay prostitute approached him and asked if he wanted to fuck him for money.
Jamie just felt sorry for the guy, and instead paid him to pose in pictures with the doll.

>You know, it was very confusing and really weird. And then afterwards, I paid him way more money than I said I would, because I felt like an asshole and really guilty and weird about the whole thing. And he, like, immediately asked for three times more money. He went into hustler mode right away. And I can't really blame the guy. I really didn't have any more, but I gave him tons and tons and tons. Amazingly, the dude's name was Hang. Which is kind of... ironic and horrible and great, maybe?

He went there for sex tourism obviously. He's a big poofter and definitely stuck his white schlong into that Vietnamese boipucci and many others.

I feel you, OP. Xiu Xiu was all I listened to in high school so it amazes me there are folks well into their 20s listening to this shite.

Same with Coil and industrial music in general.

What I was thinking. There's little reason to visit a third world shithole like Vietnam except for sex tourism. If he wanted a beach vacation he'd have gone to Thailand which is another sex tourism hot spot but you have the beach as an excuse.

he was really into Peter Sotos at the time

>Jamie just felt sorry for the guy, and instead paid him to pose in pictures with the doll.
Don't even try to make Jamie out to be a saint for this shit, paying the guy barely anything to get naked and pose with a baby for a stupid album cover he'll probably never see is a shitty thing to do.
I also wonder about logistics of just getting a Vietnamese guy (who most likely only knows enough english to be able to talk to his customers) to get naked and pose with a baby for a photo, "Oh hey I don't want to have sex with you I just want you to get naked to pose with this baby doll on my bed".

I'm like 100% Jamie paid to fuck him and then took the picture.

I know, it's the one I use. But this is the version that gets posted all the time

>vietnam does not have beaches
>vietnam does nott have a coast line

?

The beaches in vietnam are horrible.

>tfw I used to think that Jamie over-the-top and contrived shrieks were oh-so-sincere and "cathartic" (lol)

16yos are fucking stupid
so glad I grew out of that shit

looks fine to me

You got me. When I went there for sex tourism the beach was terrible.

You grew up user

Let's get back on topic

Asking Alexandria
Black Veil Brides (although knives and pens is my guilty pleasure, sadly)
Attack! Attack!
All American Rejects
Hawthrone Heights
Jimmy Eat World
Boys Like Girls
Linkin Park
Hinder
My Chemical Romance
Fallout Boy
Green Day
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
The Used
Pierce the Veil
Panic! At the Disco
The Academy is...
All Time Low
Good Charlotte
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
From First to Last
Slipknot
Cute Is What We Aim For
We the Kings
Forever the Sickest Kids
Death Cab for Cutie
Dashboard Confessional

I know there are a few other bands but I cannot think of their names.

Basically I was the emo kid sterotype. God forgive me

i never liked a promise. i still like fabulous muscles tho, only good xiu xiu record.

I don't feel bad for once liking this shit because when you first turn to music as pastime or hobby you inevitably fall into some of these bands just because of how big and well promoted they are.

I feel bad for listening to shit like fucked up though because I should by that point have known better

How is that edgy though?

get the fuck outta here that shits great

>Scary Kids Scaring Kids
the only problem i had with these guys was that their S/t was frontloaded as hell

I've always had excellent taste.

Still though, they were pretty dark times.

I wish I never put my parents through that bullshit.

S/t?

my shitty avant teen years back in early 10s

Radiohead

Coil is fucking awful - even when I was 13 I thought it was shit.

emo kids listened to Hinder?

Mew. I have something like 800 scrobbles for them and I just find their albums boring now.

kind of a bummer really, I thought I'd love Mew forever.

Comforting Sounds is still a great track though.

LMAOOOOO that smile and goatee

Back in my electro-swing/dubstep/trap phase.

Yeah, pretty much any folk punk album is not that great once you get out of high school.

>free jazz
>even that avant
>not free improv

Love those albums, although discussing them with avant teens was an exercise. Nothing worse than a 15 minute jarring speech trying to "justify" the music. You like it or you don't.

You left this one out you piece of shit

are you me

this

What do you listen to now?

Are you legitimately retarded. That poster wasn't painting him as a saint and there is so ethical dilemma here. 1. You don't know how much he paid him. 2. How is paying a prostitute that offered his body just to take a picture immoral. 3. How are you "like 100% sure" of anything you weren't fucking there for.

never listened to that garbage (thank god)

i dont believe im ever gonna regret checking out squad goals disco youtube mixes

self titled

youtube.com/watch?v=kGj27OOpr9Y

I prefer this version, i find the orange rectangle to be almost iconic personally and i find the other version lacking

you seee meee i got my MAGIC PIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you really think that's garbage?

i had a huge neofolk phase when i was seventeen, it was a little odd. some of it isn't too bad but still
lol

>ugh, the version of the album cover with the orange rectangle is just really jarring.
you are a faggot for complaining about this and not for the reasons you think someone would think you are a faggot for complaining about this

you just got shit taste bro

fuck off this is still great

dunno but i'm tired of that music non music meme

ITT: >I listen to music as a new fashion statement
your taste doesn't change when you don't faggots

Hmm, still does it for me. Siberian Breaks remains one of my favorite songs of all time. Every song on it is phenomenal except maybe Brian Eno which is just ok.

anything anco

>There's little reason to visit a third world shithole like Vietnam except for sex tourism.
What an ignorant, shallow fucker you are.

this
and pink floyd

Kanye West

youll go back to it again

its the blandest shit ever

>1. You don't know how much he paid him.
Guarantee it wasn't enough to be on his shit album that's been seen by thousands of people
>2. How is paying a prostitute that offered his body just to take a picture immoral.
Same way that fucking a prostitute is immoral, he's still offering his body to be a part of some "lol so indeh" art piece for money. He also got the guy naked for lols, it's humiliating and while no one can stop the guy from selling his body on the streets, if you were good person you wouldn't pay for him, not even to strip for your shit album
>3. How are you "like 100% sure" of anything you weren't fucking there for.
Well there's a fucking naked guy on Jamie's bed, holding a doll. I have to imagine that
A. either there was a ridiculously awkward conversation between two people who probably can't speak the same language (and in this scenario one person expects that the other wants what all his customers usually want) or are both very limited in each other's language. Where the premise of the conversation was "Could you get naked and hold this doll upside down on my bed please???"
or
B. Jamie fucked the guy and took the photo afterwards
Which sounds more likely to you?? Maybe the guy learnt enough English so that it wasn't much of a problem, maybe it was just awkward as fuck and took a long time but I can't bring myself to believe that.

Also have you seen Jamie? The guy is a mess and is probably able to justify any of his actions to himself.
>"well it was okay because I was really lonely in Vietnam..."
>"I was going through a really bad period after Knife Party"
>"I dedicated fast car to him...in my head"
>"One day i'll go back to Nam and buy that guy a house with all the money I made off of a promise....one day..."

it's less edgier if you read the whole story

Avenged Sevenfold.

that hi res