Ok so it's been over a year, what's the final verdict? Where does this rank in his overall work?

Ok so it's been over a year, what's the final verdict? Where does this rank in his overall work?

It's great and probably his best.

10/10

AOA>illinois>michigan>c&l>seven swans>rabbit>sun came

I've listen to sufjan 8k times according to last.fm

I might be the only person in the world who prefers Michigan to AOA, but otherwise this is accurate.

Illinois>C&L>ADP>Michigan>Seven Swans>Age of Adz>EYR>A Sun Came

All his christmas stuff is mixed in the middle cuz some of it is really good but a sizeable chunk isn't

p boring desu

>AOA that low
sufjan is disappointed in you

Yeah it's amazing. In the future, it won't be looked at as his masterpiece (Illinois), but it will be the other one people say, the one that's just as good but for whatever reason isn't looked at as highly.

For the record, The Age of Adz is my favourite album of all time

9.2/10, second best behid Illinois.

it's sad :(

i hope he's okay now

Pretty boring compared to Illinois/ Age of Adz desu

Was Illinois really that great though? Whenever people say this I genuinely wonder if they've listened to all the songs. It completely kills whatever momentum it had with Concerning the UFO Sighting with that shit Black Hawk War. Literally what the FUCK is that song.

It's full of nice songs, but that's it. Chicago is probably the most overrated song in the past century by the way, and I would call myself a pretty big Sufjan fan.

The album is full of really high highs but REALLY low lows. It's pretty impressive actually. I don't know how people could say such a padded album can possibly be his best when The Age of Adz exists

Age of Adz can be a headache sometimes. The bookends of the album are really good but it suffers from having an obnoxious and boring middle.

Futile Devices - Age of Adz and I Want to be Well - Impossible Soul are excellent, but in the middle its just the musical equivalent of a migrane

Quick question

Have you actually listened to the album?

Or did you just listen to the first three songs, then skipped to the end?

Cause I'm looking at the tracklist right now and there is not a single song I would skip while going through it. Even bad communication works pretty well as an interlude.

C&L is top three

Pretty accurate ratings, I guess top 3 can be debatable but they definitely belong there

I have.
It just doesn't seem as put together as the bookends and goes on too long. Especially Now That I'm older.
Sans Vesuvius. I change my mind, I fucking love that song.

You pleb black war hawk is fantastic

But idk if I would just listen to it alone with out the context of the song around it desu

That makes me so sad cause Now That I'm Older is definitely one of my favourites from that album. I'm 100% biased because TAoA is my favourite album of all time, so I genuinely think that every song is at least a 9.5/10

Yeah, I dare you to listen to it right now and not shut it off before the 1 minute mark.

it's his best album and it was even better live (the acoustics in the auditorium -- jfc it was great).

I'm also very biased in that I'm more of a fan of his folky stuff, and this album is very different from his other work.
I'm not saying it's bad, I just don't like compared to the other stuff he's put out. Futile Devices will always be one of my all time favorite songs.

Year of the Rabbit is way too high up there

Carrie and Lowell was a disappoint to me, but I understand it was something Sufjan needed to make.

Almost there

Correct order of Sufjan discography:

1. Age of Adz
2. Illinois
3. Year of the Rabbit
4. Carrie & Lowell
5. Michigan
6. Seven Swans
7. The BQE
8. All Delighted Peoples
9. Stalker
10. A Sun Came

m8 Rabbit is one of his best releases i don't think you know what you're saying

it's sufjan at his least restricted

Fair enough fair enough. I wanna sperg out so hard to defend this album but gotta restrain myself

The holocaust was Hitler at his least restricted, doesn't mean it was good though

(depending on your views)

>The album is full of really high highs but REALLY low lows.
(Not true, by the way)
Any "low" you can find on this album is like a 9.5/10 compared to 10/10's, there seriously isn't a bad song in this.

memes aside it really is one of his best senpai

AoA = ADP > C&L > Illinois > Michigan = Seven Swans

I haven't listened to the rest enough to rank them.

The Black Hawk War
Chicago
The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts
Out of Egypt (or, how I can play a bunch of percussion without any attention to rhythm simultaneously)
and I don't really like Jacksonville

>The Black Hawk War
>Chicago
>The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts

None of these are bad.

yeah I used to have rabbit that high but then I got into glitch like Ryoji Ikeda and put it lower
I wish he would revisit that idea tho you can say that all delighted people and AOA is him revisiting it abit but more experienced

but I would enjoy him making that again

The real question is where does The Avalanche fit on his discography.

>chicago
>man of metropolis
>bad
what the fuck

>without any attention to rhythm
>out of egypt

top fucking b8 senpai holy shit nobody can be this retarded

Shutup fag you're giving me away