Avant-Teen Bingo 2016 Edition

Hello hello, welcome to the Avant-Teen Bingo 2016 Edition.

While everyone lists the same 25 albums for AOTY in AOTY generals, there's not much room for the lonely avant-teen to shine. But this thread is for you -- those who know that your superior taste in music allows for a superior sense of self.

So come one, come all. How many matches can you get?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~i0000days
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my fave album is ari solus

owned ^

bryce helm's persona

seems like you forgot this album

gen 1 is the best pokemon

why is summary dismissal on here but not medium rude?

seems like I forgot the cover

The Blue Nile - Hats

I only noticed the Gero

Gerogerigegege, Earnest Rubbish and Valerio Tricoli. Time to wax my avant-ass.

speculations editions is gud 2

se is in there ya dingus

why isn't this album on here

this is great

Receiving the Approaching Memory isn't one of the better new Another Timbre CDs
And Vanessa Rossetto's new collab isn't as good as her one from last year
And The Volume Surrounding the Task is kinda boring
And Zauberberg is WAY better than Pale Calling
And as far as Ftarri stuff goes, the Akiyama / Oshiro / suzueri album is best
At least you have Moenai Hall though, that album is cool.

Here's my avant-teen rec for you, and Sonambient if compilations count.

sonambient is boring shit

AT is a generally bad label, i just picked one of the less bad ones from this year
her collab last year was def her worst album yet. have you listened to kevin parks' stuff?
volume surrounding the task is decent for a malfatti collab
Zauberberg is generic ambient shelther press trash hur dur jaeger and rabelais might as well listen to 12k and room40
akiyama/oshiro/suzueri/turner is good

erikm hasn't released a good album in 5+ years
sonambient has been around forever.

wew lad

what the fuck is this shit i just recognize that k-pop album

t. embryo

this. op is a fucktard

tbqh senpai

Poke my farter ya beast

That dumbass and most of the morons here don't even know what avant-teen actually means.

>AT is a generally bad label, i just picked one of the less bad ones from this year

I've liked most of the releases I've heard from that label. Which releases on the label do you hate in particular?

that one's awful
overdone shitty industrial

>AT is a generally bad label
Awful opinion. Volume and fancies, both from the same series as that Bryn Harrison album, were both amazing.
>her collab last year was def her worst album yet. have you listened to kevin parks' stuff?
Seriously? It seemed to be pretty well regarded. I loved it's atmosphere, seemed very serious and unique to me (and their aesthetics were great together). And as for Parks, I've only heard his collab with Chulki and Sangtae
>Zauberberg is generic ambient shelther press trash hur dur jaeger and rabelais might as well listen to 12k and room40
Listen to it and pay more attention. Its brilliance is in its subtleties. 12k and Room40 aren't always bad btw, David Toop's new album is pretty cool and Sakamoto's collab with Illuha and Deupree from last year was amazing.
>erikm hasn't released a good album in 5+ years
I think you're just antagonizing me
>sonambient has been around forever
It hasn't been commercially available forever... Also it's remastered and sounds pretty great and comes with a very interesting booklet.

suicide_landscape on rym lol

bryce helm's persona [2]

Cancer cunt. Avant teen extraordinaire

where is matias coduri?

Someone redpill me on Bryce Helm, who is he?

>be suicide_landscape
>commit suicide on a landscape

another timbre releases far too many releases a year and has poor mastering/production on a lot of their releases. by that I don't mean it's poor in a general sense, but misguided and uninformed. this is most obvious from the wandelweiser comp they released. just a huge misunderstanding of wandelweiser's aesthetic.

the Rossetto/Parks was well regarded by who exactly? there are so few people who listen to these albums and there seemed to be far more people talking about rossetto's Kye releases when they initially dropped. to me, Rossetto/Revert is the peak of Rossetto's collage narrative style but far more sense than anything she's done before.

I'm generally not into the sort of electroacoustic-embellished ambient that is present in zauberberg. it is hardly experimental/new either.

I genuinely don't think erikm is good. is it any coincident than he has three releases in the past few years on mikroton? mikroton is legitimately the worst label in the scene and, if you didn't know, often gets albums that were rejected from other labels.

sonambient is good, I was just not counting reissues

the new Lotic

dense not sense.

also I didn't say I disliked the other at releases this year; they're all pleasant, unadventurous, safe releases for a mostly pleasant, unadventurous, safe label

this Chad hasn't even heard half the albums in op

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒
▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒
▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒
▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

rateyourmusic.com/~i0000days

Do you expect me to actually read this?

yea

> avant adult

You mean that this is "I'm in my teens and I'm afraid of being called and avant-teen so I try to label my music as avant-adult xDDDD"- core. Avant-teenism isn't about what kind of music you listen to, it's about the attitude you have when it comes to avant music. Do you like it or is it just a chain you enjoy having hanging around your neck?

Found the ass blasted Swans fan. News flash: you aren't unique or interesting for liking that trash and will never be one of the true patricians like me.

I don't even like swans :^)

Name?

you aren't made unique or interesting by listening to any music, period. i hope for your sake you are posting ironically

> you aren't unique or interesting for liking that trash

i didn't imply that I'm unique or interesting for listening to it. That was kinda the point. Are you genuinely retarded user?

Or Death Grips or Anco or whatever, whatever is in and hip with the avant-teens now, I don't keep up with that being a patrician and all.

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE ALBUM?!!?

That's my point. These avant-teens with their Swans, Death Grips and Anco crap think they are so unique and special when they are not. Tons of teens love those crappy excuses for "music"

>i didn't imply that I'm unique or interesting for listening to it.

You didn't need to, it was already a given.

wdf are you talking about, that's the average Sup Forums taste. not avant-teen.

t. douche

cuckcore

That's a common misconception. See:

idk but that shit posted above is really good
not avant teen btw, i thought that album was fuckwithable on musical merit

pitchforkcore is avant-teen?

no

ur jus messing w us

He's right though. Just because a term is misused most of the time doesn't make it right to keep using incorrect definitions.

>That dumbass and most of th

what does avant teen mean to you ?

I don't like any of those but I don't judge people who do :^)

People that like "avant" (hence the quotes) music which is really just entry level Sup Forumscore are avant-teens.

aoty

if a term is really misused all the time then the usage has changed. so that actually does make it right to use the new defn
jus sayin

I could care less

lmao

welp

Sup Forums make me an avant teen pls senpai

WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE FUCKING ALBUM!!!